Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 8, 2008
I thought about the click torque wrenches but worried about the calibration, etc. This is a plain beam wrench so all you have to do is look at the pointer to make sure it is zeroed before you use it. Granted you have to be looking at the scale to use it which can sometimes be difficult. I like to be able to watch the torque value increase so I can increase it gradually.

My 150 ft lb wrench is not practical for my motorcycle which often requires inch pounds. I am so impressed I am going to order the 600 inch pound version. Sometimes low tech is the better way to go.
on September 20, 2010
I purchased the TW-1 to work on my carbon fiber bicycle, and also to check if my clicker torque wrench is accurate. This product is priced right, simple, and never needs calibration. The scale has torque readings in both in-lbs and Nm. However, a beam type torque wrench is not as easy to use as a clicker torque wrench, because it does not have racheting action. The indicator did not point exactly at zero when I received this tool; the enclosed manual has the instruction on how to bend the pointer until it sets to zero. I have both beam and clicker torque wrenches. If you need to choose one, I think it is best to have the beam-type wrench because you will never have to worry about calibration.
on July 13, 2013
This is a high quality tool that is made in the USA. I already knew of Park Tool's reputation but am even more a fan now that I own one of their tools for my collection. I am a demanding type A customer when it comes to tools and I appreciate companies that produce quality tools made in the USA and this tool did not let me down. Every detail about the tool echos quality workmanship. Like most beam style torque wrenches this one does not come with a plastic case but the cardboard box it ships with is almost as good. I am using the box it shipped in for my storage case and probably will for as long as I own the tool. The box is that good. The scale is clearly marked and the font is easy to read from an arms length away. The small round knob on the handle is there by design to dissuade you from pulling too hard resulting in over torque and not an oversight by the manufacturer leaving off a larger handle. This is after all an inch pound torque wrench that you can max out by pulling with one finger. Mine shipped with a 1/4"F x 3/8" male adapter that was a plus but wouldn't have kept me from purchasing it it were not included.
on April 12, 2011
I use this torque wrench more often as a repeatable torquing device then a calibrated torquing tool and it seems to be doing fine for my rifles as well as my motorcycle. I just make sure it reads 0 before I use it each time and if it doesn't a little bending sets it back to 0 just fine.
on August 11, 2009
If you're looking to torque smaller bolts you need a torque wrench that can measure in in-lbs and in newton-meters. This tool is sensitive and accurate. Not to mention you won't find a less expensive tool that can do this job.
on December 29, 2014
The pointer wasn't centered on "zero." I don't consider this a big deal. I put in in a vice and sprung the pointer around until it red correctly when released. It was only off about TWO inch pounds in one direction.

Whoever zeroed it at assembly probably was not looking straight down, or across from the unit's pointer to its scale. You do have to know how to work with this or any tool.
on August 21, 2015
Don't let the price get you. I could not find a similar wrench for any less. Beam style is the way to go. This wrench shows torque in forward and reverse. Easy to use and very accurate. A must have for DIY bike repairs or just keeping things running smooth without having to go to a shop for every little thing. Park Tool makes quality stuff, this wrench exceeds expectations.
on May 19, 2013
I needed a torque wrench to work on the small parts on my road bike that only go up to 4-10 NM. When working with carbon fiber parts, accurate torque is more important than with aluminum or steel parts. This one was perfect. No worries about calibration, unlike click-type torque wrenches. You do have to look at the scale while tightening of course, but this isn't normally an issue. The only time it was a bit awkward was tightening my saddle bolt.

Great tool and not too expensive to boot. Something every cyclist that does work on their own bike needs.
on November 25, 2015
Price is decent for these kinds of tools and works as expected. The head is little chunky making it hard to get into smaller places that a light torque wrench like this is likely to be needed for, so I couldn't go to 5 stars.
on August 4, 2015
Retuned it 10 minutes after receiving. Flimsy. Tightened one bolt to 40 inch pounds and the pointer went back to around 30 inch pounds and would not go to zero without bending each and every time I tried it.