4.0 out of 5 stars nice and handy little tire repair kit
This kit could use a 2.5 mm hex wrench in addition to those it contains. The adjustable wrench might not get the job done, but something is better than nothing. Take a box wrench that fits your wheel nut size instead.
Published on March 13, 2009 by D. Vazquez

3.0 out of 5 stars Subpar Quality
Published on February 24, 2012 by Idosity

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Subpar Quality, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
I have always been a fan of Park Tools because of their quality. I have several bikes and like to keep a tool kit in each one. When assembling my new WTK-1 tool kit I noticed the adjustable wrench looked very cheap compared to those in my other Park tool kits. I contacted Park Tool and asked if I could replace it with a better one. They advised that in an attempt to cut costs they replaced the better wrench with this one. I advised them that when I am miles away from home I don't want to depend on cheap tools. I will be reevaluating future purchases of the Park brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Included adjustable wrench is worthless, June 30, 2011
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
The set has everything you need except the adjustable wrench is really useless. I've never been able to take a wheel off with it, it just starts to strip the bolts on the bike. Get a stand-alone wrench and you will be set.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and handy little tire repair kit, March 13, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty basic, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
I prefer seperate tools so its nice set to add to. Cute little adjustable wrench.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Tool Kit, October 26, 2009
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
Unobtrusive and is carried under the seat. Would have liked the tire-irons to have had a little more space in the kit's interior, but that is not a big deal. This kit works as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little emergency kit, but..., June 9, 2012
The first time I needed to patch a tire, this kit worked really well. The second time, one of the tire levers broke, which I thought was very odd considering Park Tool usually makes, in my experience, a great product. The only design complaint I have is that the pouch doesn't really hold the tools. I mean, it has space for all of them, but the wrench is slightly too long to be able to Velcro it properly, so the wrench ends up sticking out the corner slightly when it's Velcroed... But it makes little difference since it'll probably be inside a seat or handlebar bag anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Kit, July 11, 2011
Ken "Ken" (New York City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
I have not yet used the kit, therefore don't want to tip the scale. I am not exactly professional, but had assembled/fixed enough bikes (big or small) for myself & friends back in the days (when I was a teen in the 80's). This kit includes the basic tire patching job, and then some. Other essential items would be a spoke wrench and a good air pump, which I have ordered as well. I can't say anything about the durability and the real life usage until I have a chance to use (which I don't really want to). I would recommend this kit to anyone who own a bike and would like to patch their own tires (upon deflated).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Compact Tool Kit, September 14, 2010
dnew54 (Rochester NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
This is a nice tool kit to have when you need to make a quick repair or adjustment on the road or trail and there's no other tools available. Easy to stow away in any small space in a bike bag or backpack. And the cute little adjustable wrench really does work.

4.0 out of 5 stars park tool essential, February 12, 2009
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
Great tool kit all the tools i need to fix a flat on the side of the road.the bag is black not blue no big deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes better quality tire levers and other tools, July 9, 2014
FAR (Upstate NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool WTK-1 Essential Tool Kit (Sports)
This is an essential tool kit that every rider should have. It is compact enough to place inside a small saddle bag. Includes better quality tire levers and other tools. The convenient carry case makes it easy to keep everything together. Thankfully I have not had to use the kit but it gives me good peace of mind.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›