5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish yet Sturdy
I discovered Parker Stainless Steel Ballpoints as I was finishing up graduate school in the mid 1980s. I was first attracted by the Stainless Ballpoint's classic stylish looks. (I prefer the gold click & clip model, but have also happily used the silver stainless "classic".)

Published on April 26, 2006 by Readalots

2.0 out of 5 stars Parker user for years - this is a poor quality pen
I have been using Parker pens for at least 30 years. I have collection of Parker fountain and ballpoint pens and my stable for general use has been the stainless steel jotter. It's easy to clean and generally works well.
Published on May 26, 2010 by Robin M

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish yet Sturdy, April 26, 2006
Readalots (South Texas, USA) - See all my reviews

Until my discovery of Parkers I had used Pilots, Papermates, Shaffers, and Crosses with varying degrees of success. (I left Cross pens due to their excessive costs. Shaffers easily brake. Pilot and Papermate inks soon fade to invisibility!) I have been using, and recommending, Parkers ever since.

Parker's Stainless Ballpoint is sturdy and durable. I have used them to print, of course, and to point, pry, and pound. Never have I permanently damaged one. (With excessive torque Parker Stainless pens will bend. I have re-straightened Parkers with vice grips.) Parker Stainless Ballpoints are rugged and take considerable abuse and keep on working. (Once, the internal plastic clicker malfunctioned, for the only mishap I've ever experienced with a Parker.)

I also like Parker's ink formula. I began my career with blue medium and later moved to black fine. For the past 15 years I have used Parker's fine blue. The refills cost between 10% and 50% less than the Cross pen refills (depending on the vendor).

Parker ink dries quickly (rarely leaving a smudge under left-handers). It doesn't wobble (i.e. floating away from the point of application) as do some pithy contemporary inks. Parker ink has brilliant color, is attractive, and easy to read.

I've notice, over the years, that Parker ink does not fade. Twenty year old journal entries, tax records, and business notes are not faded to date. (I've become curious about how long Parker ink will perform.)

I have given Parker Stainless Ballpoints as gifts, awarded them for achievement, and presented them with gratitude. They are excellent gift candidates. (Others have always been impressed with this pen's classic beauty and the Parker name.)

If you are in the market for a nice looking sturdy pen with ink that doesn't wobble or fade I suggest you try the Parker Stainless Ballpoint. Amazon.com's price is excellent. Get yours soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Parker user for years - this is a poor quality pen, May 26, 2010
This review is from: Parker Ballpoint Pen, Refillable, Medium Point (PAR1333211) (Office Product)
About 1 year ago I lost my "old" stainless steel Jotter and thought I'd replace it with a newer one of the same type. I have to say the quality of these pens are not as they once were, the replacement broke at the center from fatigue after about six months. I thought that was a "fluke" and I bought another, after about 3 months the mechanism failed.
They are not expensive pens but I would have expected at least a few years of use from one. Two failures in the course of one year is poor quality not coincidence.
I won't buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pen for the money..period!, November 8, 2004
I've owned many pens over the years, expensive and cheap, but this Parker stands out as my "everyday" favorite. Yes a Mount Blanc is fine, but I've never felt comfortable carrying one around in everday work since I could lose it. The parker, on the other hand, is like a good pair of blue jeans--comfortable and accessible. Additionally, the styling will grow on you--it's unpretentious yet refined. A true classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a classic- Still classy-WAY less expensive than certain other brands, but better all the same., February 12, 2007
This Parker pen, especially with the optional gel refill, is a stylish, classy pen that looks at least as good as some of those other, more expensive pens, and writes very well, with very little leakage. As a left hander, I also appreciate the quick drying ink and the left-handed friendliness of the pen. The pen is also quite durable, and the refills are readily available at most office stores. Incidentally, the pens are made in thesame U.K. factory that manufactured Valentine pens, with the same quality. This pen lives up to its legacy, unlike some of those other pens that have become nothing but cheaply made, expensively priced knock-offs of themselves. Oh, and by the way, these cost a tenth of the price of those other pens.

This pen, the Pilot G7 and its family of products and the Pentel EnerGel are my big three at this point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not made in the UK, March 11, 2012
This Parker Jotter is of good quality but one needs to understand that it is not one of the quality Jotters that used to be manufactured in the UK. The upper cap barrel has no Parker logo and sounds somewhat fragile while depressed. The engraving is very shallow and not crisp. The P and the R letters in the engraving "PARKER" (the last ones) are somewhat larger than the rest of the font making it inconsistent as opposed to the ones made in the UK. Furthermore, there is only one engraving "FRANCE" where "MADE IN UK" used to be. The brush steel is also of slightly lesser finishing in my opinion. Make no mistake, this pen is still very sturdy overall, just a little less in quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars The King of all Pens, December 20, 2004
Chris Lowery (Northern New York) - See all my reviews
i love my Jotter. I have had it for over three years. It glides across the paper and leaves a strong signature. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Consider the plastic-barreled version, January 4, 2007
The barrel of this pen is all stainless steel, which looks nice but feels slippery as you're trying to write. Parker makes the same pen with a plastic barrel, which is easier to grip but looks less sleek. In other words, there is a tradeoff between looks and functionality, in my opinion. This is an excellent pen in every other way, with solid build quality, sturdy clip, and confident push-button mechanism. Parker's ballpoint refill, which was reformulated sometime around 2002, is the best I've used, beating Montblanc, Pelikan, Cross, PaperMate, and BIC ballpoint refills in terms of smoothness, consistency, and smudge resistance. For me, this pen (with plastic barrel) is the ideal ballpoint for everyday, all-purpose use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective?, November 4, 2011
The pen was scratchier on one side compared to the other. Also, the tip did not fit snugly into the outlet, and moved about when pressed to paper. Very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looked like a used pen, July 30, 2011
The pen when arrived looked like a used pen. The pen was not fixed in the box. It was out of it's case and the body of the pen looked like it was used. I also ordered "Parker Jotter Pen, Stainless Steel, Medium Point, Black Ink (PAR13333)" from another dealer on the same day and it looks and feels far better than "PAR13332 - Jotter Brushed Stainless Steel Retractable Ballpoint".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 21, 2006
This is an incredibly high quality pen for the price, especially when used with the gell ink refills that are avaiable.