5.0 out of 5 stars Quality pen that fits
Needed a good pen for my Army uniform. It fits inside the the pen pockets of the new Army ACU uniform. The barrel is smooth, thin and there's no rubber grip that gets in the way. The size also makes it a great pen for a checkbook or organizer notebook.

Published on July 12, 2010 by A. Downey

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be great
Published on September 17, 2012 by C. Cutler

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality pen that fits, July 12, 2010
A. Downey (San Bruno, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parker Jotter Pen, Stainless Steel, Medium Point, Black Ink (Office Product)

The pen is small, but stainless steel, so it's got a bit of heft to it for its size. It feels like quality.

The spring is strong, but the clicking mechanism is smoothed. Maybe there's a buffer or something so it's easier to click than the spring makes it feel. The button is rounded so it feels good on the thumb.

I'm mostly disappointed by the lack of places that sell this pen. Office supply stores used to sell them, but not anymore. Cheaper plastic pens with rubbery grips, there. Most places sell the Zebra pens, but those are made in Indonesia, where the Parker is made in the UK. I feel better about supporting a British company. Also, as someone else noted, you can't just buy a Jotter with blue ink. You have to order that refill separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pen for cheap, December 1, 2009
This is a great little pen. Smooth, does not show wear, and is light in the pocket. Apparently others share this opinion, as I've lost two over the past 5 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be great, September 17, 2012
C. Cutler (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
The Parker Jotter has been my favorite pen for 30 years. Unfortunately, the new ones are terrible. The pens themselves are fine - it's the ink cartridges which are the problem. They don't start writing immediately, you have to scribble a little to get the ink flowing. I've tried 4 different refills at different times over the last several months, hoping that I just had a bad refill. No such luck. As much as I hate to say it, I'm switching to Cross pens. It's such a shame when a great product gets bought by another company and deteriorates. C'est la vie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pen is quality, refills suck, April 22, 2012
This is a good quality everyday pen for under $10.00. There is no need to spend a lot to get a nice looking and durable pen. However, I have had very bad luck with the Parker refills. I have had three pens rendered inoperable due to gooey, leaking ink from the refill. Ink leaks from the top and gums up the clicking mechanism, and from the ball point the ink gets blobby and gooey and can smear. These were authentic Parker refills. It is possible that the leaking is due to sometimes carrying the pen upside down, but that still makes it unsuitable for my purposes. I like the stainless look and the pen design, but I absolutely will not use a Parker refill again. I cleaned out the pens with acetone and Q-Tips and tried a different refill. If you want a really nice refill that fits Parker, try the Schmidt Easy Flow 9000. You can get it on Amazon. It has a lower viscosity ink that writes very smooth and does not smear, and I have not found those refills to leak. Its smoothness is more like a rollerball yet it is still considered a ballpoint and it retains the fine line and precision of a ballpoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deteriorated dramatically, April 24, 2013
I have relied on this pen style for 20 years. Replacing lost versions and refilling with religious devotion. Recently their longevity has crashed. Becoming unresolvably jammed.

Time for a new brand. Bye Parker, I used to love you...

5.0 out of 5 stars Only type of ballpoint pen I've bought for 20 years, January 11, 2012
To say I'm a Parker jotter loyalist would be an understatement. I've used jotters since I was a child and they have always been my favorite. At one time I used the half-plastic jotters, which I thought were great until someone gave me the stainless steel jotter. Definitely hooked for life. The plastic jotters can break if you sit on them. Not so the stainless steel pens. They are virtually indestructable with anything like normal use. I can honestly say that no stainless steel Parker Jotter has every ruined a shirt by leaking, which is not something I can say for most major brand office pens. I will NEVER put a company issued pen in my pocket, they are strictly for my desktop. The Parker is the ONLY pen that goes in my pocket. The stainless steel is fairly distinctive and makes it easy to detect someone walking away with my pen at a meeting (by accident of course....hmm). I carry one in my pocket, one in my car, one by the computer at home, and one on my office desk. Probably the single most reliable object I own next to my Victorinox Swiss Army knife. Not something I ever want to be without.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad and chintzy, January 7, 2013
Jotters used to be excellent pens. Heavy with thick metal and a solid ink system. Sad to say these have lost their quality. They're typical $3 pens now, at best. Absolutely nothing special. It's pretty clear that the company has drastically reduced what it costs to make one and is simply riding out the Parker name until people wise up and stop paying 2-3 times what these pens are worth.

Sad to see a brand die like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT PEN!, January 29, 2013
Hello. A great pen for those of us that like ball point pens. It writes great and it feels good in your hand. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good pen for a young entrepreneur, December 20, 2009
This pen was a present for my son, so his appraisal is what I will send you. It is well-designed, and writes very smoothly. Since it is metal, not plastic, scratches don't show.

I was so pleased with my son's pen that I bought one for myself. My old jotter had run out of ink and I had to buy a Staedtler refill because I couldn't find Parker locally. When the new pen arrived, I noticed that Parker refills write more smoothly than other brands.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the same quality as before, August 13, 2012
I had an older Parker Jotter; it was an excellent pen, well weighted, wrote nice, ideal in every way. I bought this expecting it to be the same pen. Sadly, the colored plastic end of this pen is much lighter and cheaper than the old pens. They were never hefty, and were always plastic, but the new ones seem much cheaper.
For the price, these really aren't worth it. I've spent less on a capacitive ballpoint pen (for the ipad). I'd recommend either spending the extra dollar and get the full metal jotter, or looking at the touchtec pens if you use a tablet/phone often.