Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Parker Millsap
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 26, 2014
Alright, he ain't a kid. But when you get to be my age... I have been critiquing music since the 70's, and I can't recall the last time I was this impressed by a new artist. Not only can Parker Milsap play and sing - he can write! For as young as Parker is - he writes of life as if he's already lived a 100 years.
And for any of you guitar pickers out there = he is just dang fun to play along with!

Buy this album, you won't be disappointed with a single song. Quite the opposite actually.
on April 21, 2014
I saw Parker and his bandmates live in Houston, and was so impressed I downloaded the album the next day. He's an interesting and amazing combination of blues, bluegrass, and gospel. He is also one of the most clever lyrists I've heard in a long time. I'll never think of Mary, Mary Quite Contrary the same way ever again!
on February 10, 2014
I "accidentally" heard Parker Millsap when he was on tour last year, at the venue to see the headliner John Fullbright. From the first few notes Parker Millsap and Michael Rose had everyone's attention. They are amazing musicians with a unique sound. I have listened to his self-released "Palisade" often, so excited to have all of these new amazing songs to add to the collection.
on February 27, 2014
I heard a story on NPR this morning on the way to work about Parker Millsap. They were playing some of his music and it caught my ear. Bought the album and gave it a spin. It's excellent! The world may not know the name Parker Millsap yet, but they will.
on July 6, 2014
I don't give away 5 star ratings, or even take the time to post reviews.

This is a great album, all songs are well crafted, his booming voice sounds like someone with a lot more years on this earth than 21. I love "Truck Stop Gospel," "Old Time Religion" and the dark humored "Quite Contrary" but you need to see him live to fully appreciate his talent.

I saw him live in New York City. As soon as he opened his mouth, the room rattled like a freight train roared through the door. After the song, some girl yells out "So...who are you and where are you from??"

It's refreshing to see that honest, well crafted Americana music still exists and all that raw power is being channeled through a 21 yr old kid from OK.
on February 12, 2014
Parker Millsap is an exceptional composer and musician! His insight is well beyond his young years and it's reflected in his lyrics. He has a unique, soulful voice that is truly captivating. There isn't a "filler" on this CD. Every song is so good that it's hard to choose a favorite. You'll play this CD a LOT. I look forward to his next album! With this kind of talent, there will surely be another!
on February 8, 2014
Can't stop playing this CD! What an amazing songwriter with an incredibly unique voice! So talented! I highly recommend! You will play this over and over and over.....
on May 17, 2014
I'm grateful for this young man's talent. His simple and honest song writing is beyond reproach...and a bargain for the cost of this CD (and makes a great gift). He treads on subjects with the graces of an angel (and/or devil) sitting on your shoulder...and plays the guitar (and devil's advocate) with conviction. Man on fire... why he doesn't have his own Variety Show is beyond me.
on October 1, 2014
I was flipping through my preset radio stations and 95.9 here in DFW was playing "Truckstop Gospel". I looked at my wife and said "that song is awesome!". After Googling the lyrics, finding the album, downloading the album, and picking up the pieces of my brain pasted to the wall from my mind being so blown, I realized the rest of the album was loaded with similar levels of awesome.
on October 20, 2014
Brilliant effort. Brilliant vocal expression, great musicianship, tight songwriting, and good arrangements make this an album outside my normal musical preference that I listen to with regularity.

Parker has a fantastic future ahead of him and should continue to impress.

I'm not even sad at the lack of massive layers of modular synth... :)