5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lather
I have used a brush and mug for shaving for over 30 years and have heard that the Badger Bristle is the only way to go. I can now confirm that I find the lather that is created is a rich and foamy lather in less time than with my older less expensive boar bristle brush. Clean up is better and easier than with previous brushes. Thank You.
Published on July 6, 2010 by John W. Maletta

3.0 out of 5 stars Flakey but nice
I have 4 different brushes ranging from super inexpensive to why-would-anyone-spend-that-much-on-a-brush in quality. This brush is middle of the road in terms of bristles. they're nice soft feel, lather up quickly, and hold more than enough lather for a 3 pass shave. As with a few others who have reviewed this brush, however, mine is also flaking off on the handle. The...
Published on November 4, 2011 by Aaron L.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lather, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Parker Safety Razor 100% Pure Badger Bristle Shaving Brush with Rosewood Handle & Free Stand (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bristles, well made, holds together, May 12, 2010
This is a very good shaving brush - I'm very happy with it. The bristles are great - soft enough not to scrape up the face, but stiff enough to do some exfoliating. I've had no bristles falling out so far, and if they haven't fallen out en masse by now, they likely won't in the future.

This works up a great lather, holds the water and soap beautifully, and is easy to hold.

Everything one could want from a shaving brush, really.

I've been using it every time I shave for three months, and have no complaints. My old brush (which I used for almost 13 years) was summarily retired without regret in favor this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving will never be the same, May 1, 2010
I bought this brush after researching old school shaving. For starters, the handle is absolutely gorgeous/high quality; looks better than the pics. The badger hair feels really soft and smooth on the skin and lathers the soap to perfection. Have I had bristles fall out? Yes, but i would say no more than a dozen out of the 2 to 3 months I've been using it. It makes shaving very enjoyable; more of an art-form than a chore. Even if you don't get an old school razor/soap etc. I would at a minimum get a good badger brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Brush!!, October 15, 2011
I bought the bargain badger brushes from Tweezerman and Van Der Hagen and they don't even come close to this Parker I just purchased and its not even broke in yet. produces and amazing lather in half the time as the bargain brushes. no hairs lost at at all and the bristles are of much higher quality than I expected. it smells a little at first but that's to be expected and not really a big deal unless you are a pansy. This brush seems much better than my brothers more expensice art of shaving brand brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush for shaving, October 31, 2010
Pieter Blonk (Frisco, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have used this brush for 2 months and really enjoy shaving with it. The brush is nice and full and works up a great lather. I have not seen any hair loss on the brush.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter brush., October 6, 2010
Ordered this brush about two weeks ago and wanted to give it a long trial run before I wrote any kind of review. As this is the first brush I have ever bought, please understand that my opinoin on this item my be slightly flawed. Having said that I can say that that this brush does a very fine job of lathering and holding copious amounts of soap. I've used it with hard soaps and creams alike and both burst into great lather on the face. As I usually face lather I cannot say how well it would perform in a mug or scuttle but I'm sure it would do fine with that method as well. I am blessed with soft to medium hard water where I use this brush so I have not had a chance to put it to use with hard water and I know some users may have a hard time with this brush in hard water environments but I think any brush would have a hard go of it in those conditions.

When I first used the brush it did shed about 6 to 8 hairs over the course of a few days but now that is all done with and it is rare for my lather to get a hair in it unless I use extremly hot water. I have to be careful about that whe soaking the brush in the sink. So all in all I would buy this brush again and I would have to qualms recommending it to other wet-shave fans as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush for the money, August 16, 2010
J. Holland (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
I've had this brush for a month or so and I've been really pleased with it. It's my first shaving brush so I didn't want to spend too much on it but I'm happy that I got this one. One thing that wasn't mentioned is that this brush comes with a simple plastic stand. See pictures above.

It's lost a few hairs but I imagine that's the result of me shaking too hard to get water out after I clean it.

The brush did have a bit of a "wet dog" smell at first. I soaked the brush in a 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water cleaning solution and that took care of the smell. Instructions can be found online with simple search of "clean a shaving brush."

Overall, very pleased. I think this brush will last me a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, November 21, 2013
Great quality brush, gives a wonderful rich lather that enables close shaves. The bristles are the real deal and will last a very long time without deforming shape if properly rinsed and stored after use.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Brush for the price, August 9, 2013
I purchased this one after trying out Tweezerman Men's Shaving Brush and I highly recommend this one! It is more expensive (~$29 v $15) but it's well worth it.

This brush has a very good size, is very soft, and produces excellent lather. I've had it for 8 months now and it's still going strong using it 2-3 times a week (it WILL loose a few bristles at the beginning but I haven't seen it loose a single bristle in several months now...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lather for a close shave, July 7, 2013
Great lather for a close shave. Soft bristles hold the lather. Easy to clean. My old one lost bristles. I don't think this one will.

ARRAY(0x9cad1588)