4.0 out of 5 stars Triple A, another Alice adventure.
Published 22 months ago by Heather L. Alexander

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read without Previous Knowledge
Not having read any of the previous books in this series, I found Secret of Arcanum Cove interesting and only occasionally confusing because of mentions of previous events and characters. The story moved right along, and lovers of fantasy should enjoy the series. The author writes well, except for an occasional misuse (unfortunately popular) of words like "sunk" for...
Published 20 months ago by Englishteacher

4.0 out of 5 stars Triple A, another Alice adventure., September 18, 2012
This review is from: Alice Parker & the Secret of Arcanum Cove (Alice Parker's Adventures Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I was given this book in return for an honest review. Alice is back and she's on vacation, well it's supposed to be a vacation. As usual she finds herself in the middle of something and she has to get involved. She exhibits new abilities and makes some new friends. But who can she really trust when things are not always what they seem. She finds out that a lady that died long before Alice's birth, left a legacy for her. Nightmares and secrets abound it this 3rd installment. Will she be able to end the evil in Arcnum Cove? I love this series, I was a hardcore mystery lover as a kid and like mystery and paranormal now. This is kind of a mish mash of both. Great book for kids, adults, or a read together project. Definately a recommended read for me. WaAr

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite books, January 26, 2013
This book was jam-packed with action and mystery just like the other books she needs to write another awesome book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters are falling in love with Alice!, January 23, 2013
If you loved the first 2 books in the series of Alice Parker, then you are going to love this one too! I know I did. This one has a lot of mystery with some unanswered questions that are finally answered. Again we see the characters develop further, more new characters are introduced, and one really bad one finds humility and manners! I really couldn't figure out what the connection was until the end and was blown away as usually I can foresee where an Author is going. Great job on keeping that twist hidden so well!!!

Alice, her brother Thomas and her dog, travel with their grandparents who are also Finwips, to visit friends of her Grandparents near Arcanum Cove the place the mystery rocks were found all those years ago. Of course a local mystery has surrounded the area for many years including a woman who looked a lot like Alice! With an introduction into local Finwip society they meet a few crabby characters one in looks the other in attitude. Humor abounds, new talents emerge, and some romance??? Alice fans will not be disappointed! I can't wait to read more!

5.0 out of 5 stars alice parker, December 23, 2012
I was given this book as a gift for an honest review.
This book was amazing as well as the ones before it. Just as before, it did not let up at all and was very exiteing. The battle scences were good and followed the story. I would recomend this book, and I cant wait to see the next book and I would not doubt that the next one is as equally as good too. Plus book 1,2,and 3 are some of my favourites of all time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best so far in the series, October 31, 2012
This is my third review of Alice Parker's Adventures. The previous two books were given to me in exchange for an honest review, but this one I purchased on my own and Nicola does not know that I am reviewing it.

Clearly this is the best-written of the three Alice Parker novels. We are now in a solid rhythm with the characters, and I appreciated the use of a fresh setting away from Alice's hometown. It increased my sense of adventure. The addition of ocean-related fairy folk added new life to the story also. I think what I am enjoying most, however, is the teasing between Alice and her brother Thomas. That made me smile and laugh a few times, especially as it resonates with their growing closeness as they continue to adventure together.

I plan to stay with this series long-term and highly recommend it for young readers. The stories are fast-moving, clean, imaginative, and full of likeable protagonists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, loved this book!, October 21, 2012
I loved reading this book and can't wait for the next one! I liked how the author described the scenery. And this book should further development of the characters. All in all it was a light, fun read!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it great for all ages, September 28, 2012
this is the third book about alice parker thank you letting me read this book
alice, thomas granddad and grandma jack the dog, have gone down to devon for a holiday to see grandad friend
there go on an adventure to an island, meet more people like than and of cause you have the evil hugh

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Adorable!, September 23, 2012
I was gifted a copy of this book by the author. Alice Parker goes on an enchanted family vacation. I loved all the new characters, this is a wonderful read!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE PLEASE, September 17, 2012
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.

This is the third book in the series and they just get better and better. I really hope there is another book as I feel that Alice and her friends have so much more to offer. In this book we see Alice take a holiday that ends up a bit more stressful than the average "human" holiday an at the same time uncover's more of her abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars The series continues and keeps getting better, October 21, 2013
Wow, just when you thought the series could not get any better. BAM the author hits you with another amazing book in this series.

Alice has not had a break from her adventures since she has became a Finwip. This time while on a holiday with her grandparents and brother they go and visit an old friend of her granddads. Felix Rowbottom, while there Alice learns that she is destined for greater things and has another ability. Wow Alice just has to be powerful! Well on this holiday Alice learns that there was a legacy left for her and all sorts of secrets come to life. They all meet new people and discover family secrets.

This is a great series for children and adults. I do hope there is another book within this series as I want to read more. And I have some questions that I hope can get answered.

Rate and Discover Movies