Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter controlled by a smartphone or tablet (Orange/Blue). what's in box: The Drone, indoor hull, outdoor hull, battery and batter charger.
From the Manufacturer
The Parrot AR.Drone is the first quadricopter that can be controlled by a smartphone or tablet. By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone is instantly stabilized. Thanks to the AR.Drone’s autopilot feature, anyone can be an expert as the AR.Drone allows for an easy take-off and landing.
The AR.Drone 2.0 free flight App
Fly. Record. Share.
- Download AR.FreeFlight 2.0 control application for free on the App Store or the Android Market
- New ‘Absolute Control’ mode gives you an option to change levels from beginner to expert
- Record and share videos and pictures directly from the piloting interface
- Store and share your flight data (time, speed, altitude) to unlock community achievements
- Geolocate your flights and connect with a community of pilots to see flights and videos from all over the world, and check who is flying in your neighborhood
Live HD video streams to your smartphone or tablet (view larger
HD Video Recording
Get high definition live video streaming to your smartphone or tablet as you’re flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot’s seat.
- HD Camera: 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens: 92 degree diagonal
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- Video storage on the fly with remote device
- JPEG photo capture
- Traveling, Pan, Crane predefined autopilot modes for video recording
Motors: Fly High. Fly Fast.
- 3 elements 1,000 mAH LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high pitch propeller for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors with micro ball bearing and rare earth magnets, 14.5 watt & 28,500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings, tempered steel proper shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller shafts
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant electronic motor controller
Outdoor hull designed for flight outside (view larger
Go ahead and try your most daring tricks! This cutting edge design is made to last.
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engine’s vibrations
- EPP hull injected by a sintered metal mold
- Carbon fiber tubes, 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully repairable: all parts and instructions for repairing are available on Parrot website
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 16Hz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- 16bit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000 degree/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6 degree precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- Outdoor hull designed for flight outside
Which AR.Drone is Right for You?
| || |
|Battery Type/Life ||Lithium Polymer / 12 minutes ||Lithium Polymer / 12 minutes |
|Control Range ||165 feet ||165 feet |
|Front Camera ||SD Camera 640x480 ||HD Camera 1280x720 |
|WiFi Type ||b/g ||b/g/n |
|Video Sharing ||No ||Yes: YouTube, Picasa, Save to Camera Roll |
|Video Recording ||No ||Yes |
|Absolute Control Sensor ||No ||Yes |