5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared for the Inevitable!
Essential to every AR.Drone Owner. In life, you will pay taxes; you will die; and if you own an AR.Drone, you will need the additional gears and shafts. It may not be today, but you will want this in your tool kit when you need them opposed to waiting for them to arrive.
Published 12 months ago by Murdic3k

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing half the order!!
Missing half the order, only came with gears, no shafts or clips. Worthless and frustrating. All that was needed to put some parts in a bag.... Do not order...
Published 11 months ago by Thomas A Rossi

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared for the Inevitable!, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Gears & Shafts - Set of 4 (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars I only needed the Pins, August 26, 2013
I would give this product a 5 Star Review, however...
The gears don't go bad as often as the shafts bend.
I wish they just sold packs of the Shafts at a lower price so I don't have to buy the whole set of shafts, clips and gears.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Needed the Prop Shafts..., August 24, 2013
...but I can live with having spares of the other parts.

I have flown my AR.Drone a ton since I got it. I've crashed it quite a few times, sometimes pretty hard. It survived numerous crashes without so much as a dent in the foam, but the other day it got to a strange angle when coming from a fast forward speed to a sudden stop, and went into angle emergency. The motors cut and it hit the ground hard...on the ONE spot of pavement that it could have landed on.

It took off again, as I didn't notice any damage on my quick inspection. However, it wasn't flying correctly. I landed it, and did a more thorough inspection. It turns out one of the prop shafts had bent a bit.

I took it home, took it apart, ordered this set of replacement parts, and waited. Less than 48 hours later the package arrived and I was ready to get back in the air.

Do I think that they are expensive for what they are?? Probably...but I also feel that almost ALL RC parts are expensive for what they are, so there's nothing really different here.

It's nice to have the extra gears and such, as I'm sure I'll eventually need them. The nice thing about this set is that I'm going to guess that MOST people aren't going to crash their AR.Drone so hard that they need four gears and four prop shafts all at once, so this purchase should hopefully at least get you through TWO crashes...if not more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spare parts - do what they're supposed to, February 20, 2014
When my drone crashed and some parts broke these came in handy. I'm very glad that I ordered them in advance of actually needing them or I would have been out of business in the short term.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing half the order!!, January 1, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, fine, October 24, 2014
These gears and shafts fit just fine. Including eight c-clips in the kit is really smart because those suckers are tiny. Even the most careful mechanic will lose a c-clip every now and then. Parrot has a nice video on their site showing how to remove and install these components.

The sad part of all this is that I didn't actually need this kit (yet) because I had actually damaged the left front motor. Symptom was that all the rotors spun but the left front corner didn't life off. I thought maybe I had a bent shaft - nope. Old shaft is fine. At least I have spares now for when I do trash a gear or bend a shaft.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, July 14, 2014
Brand new in da original packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Parrot Fixed!, July 14, 2014
Great price, and was just what I needed. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in business!, July 11, 2014
Perfect- quick shipping, flying again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 7, 2014
so far good, I hope not use

Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Gears & Shafts - Set of 4