Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Gears & Shafts - Set of 4
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 24, 2013
...but I can live with having spares of the other parts.

I have flown my AR.Drone a ton since I got it. I've crashed it quite a few times, sometimes pretty hard. It survived numerous crashes without so much as a dent in the foam, but the other day it got to a strange angle when coming from a fast forward speed to a sudden stop, and went into angle emergency. The motors cut and it hit the ground hard...on the ONE spot of pavement that it could have landed on.

It took off again, as I didn't notice any damage on my quick inspection. However, it wasn't flying correctly. I landed it, and did a more thorough inspection. It turns out one of the prop shafts had bent a bit.

I took it home, took it apart, ordered this set of replacement parts, and waited. Less than 48 hours later the package arrived and I was ready to get back in the air.

Do I think that they are expensive for what they are?? Probably...but I also feel that almost ALL RC parts are expensive for what they are, so there's nothing really different here.

It's nice to have the extra gears and such, as I'm sure I'll eventually need them. The nice thing about this set is that I'm going to guess that MOST people aren't going to crash their AR.Drone so hard that they need four gears and four prop shafts all at once, so this purchase should hopefully at least get you through TWO crashes...if not more.
on August 26, 2013
I would give this product a 5 Star Review, however...
The gears don't go bad as often as the shafts bend.
I wish they just sold packs of the Shafts at a lower price so I don't have to buy the whole set of shafts, clips and gears.
on November 14, 2013
Essential to every AR.Drone Owner. In life, you will pay taxes; you will die; and if you own an AR.Drone, you will need the additional gears and shafts. It may not be today, but you will want this in your tool kit when you need them opposed to waiting for them to arrive.
on August 5, 2012
I am a recent owner of the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Off flying quickly and carelessly I had a few heavy crashes that bent my Shaft and damaged the gear.

This kit includes 4 gears, 4 shafts and 4 C clips.

I used two gears and shafts. These are exact perfect replacement parts to the originals. They changed out very easily using the Parrot tool kit and my Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is flying great again. No complaints at all with this kit. You just need to get the AR Drone Toolkit which includes a tool for removing the C clip easily. It can be done precariously using a plyer but I wouldn't reccomend it. Instructional video's on replacing parts are available on Parrots youtube channel. And I have my own Parrot AR Drone unboxing, reviews and HD footage of my flights on my youtube channel if you search my name Ben7seven7 and look up AR Drone.
VINE VOICEon May 12, 2014
I purchased this set after bending a shaft on my AR Drone. I figured that I might as well pick up some spare parts for future use, and it has come in extremely handy. That said, the AR replacement shafts have a slightly larger diameter than the shafts that are pre-installed on the drone. This isn't a problem if you have all original parts, but quickly became a problem when I needed to replace the bushings with bearings. Because the shaft is slightly larger in diameter, the replacement shaft did not fit the replacement bearings that I purchased. So, I was stuck with one disfunctional propeller while I waited on shafts that matched the OEM equipment.
on October 2, 2013
Ive upgraded my drone to fancy colored gears and harder shafts and so on. The upgraded versions, stripped, cracked, and broke on the first flight. These work very well, far superior to "upgrades"
on September 2, 2014
I run a small business, Houston Pedicab.com. I bought a parrot drone so I can film my drivers for promotional videos. Come to find out I am not a good pilot of the parrot drone, I do reck it often. These replacement parts are great and a necessity if learning how the pilot that parrot drone.This message is from houstonpedicab.com Houston Pedicab.
on November 17, 2012
Once you see your Drone catching some branches or leaves with the gears, you will also see bent shafts, broken plastic gears and sometimes lost C-clips!
If you are a constant, serious and daring Drone flyer.... Get some...
It is fun to replace and fix the Drone... Unless you don't have spares.
on June 11, 2016
I purchased these parts after my drone started being unstable in the air, and found that I had a bent shaft and broken gear. I replaced the shafts and the gears and that was that. Solid replacement parts, always buy them from Amazon you get good quality parts. My one complaint is that they could probably make the packaging better, since most of us skilled pilots will probably not break all our shafts and gears in one run. It would be good if the packaging was resealable, because now I am worried that the parts may fall out! So I put the parts in ziploc bags.
on June 12, 2015
It's nice to be able to easily fix damaged gears and bent shafts. I did find the provided e-ring tool to be a bit difficult to use. I find it much easier to remove the e-rings with a tiny jewelers screwdriver and to replace them with a small pair of needle nose pliers.