4.0 out of 5 stars Product delivered as promised.
I ordered this replacement indoor hull and it came as in-tact and flimsy as the OEM hull that I destroyed. FYI, I would pay extra for one that could survive a crash.
Published 10 months ago by Scott McIlhany

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy design, extremely overpriced
While I will happily pay $300 for an AR.Drone, spending $45 on a piece of foam is ridiculous. Absolutely rediculous. Mine broke within the first 10 minutes of flying, fell one meter and snapped like a twig.

It's not a bad product, just a bad product for $45.
Published on December 21, 2012 by Sammy G

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy design, extremely overpriced, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)

It's not a bad product, just a bad product for $45.

1.0 out of 5 stars $50 for a piece foam, January 2, 2013
ALLAN SAFIEH (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
Its crazy that they will charge $50 for a piece of foam that breaks so easy, its a definitely over priced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous Price, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
My girlfriend bought me a drone for Christmas. One of my first few flights the drone took a very small crash into the garage door and cracked the very cheap styrofoam hull. I was very shocked to see that they want another $50 for this part. Makes me wish she would have saved the $300 she paid for the drone. It's an overall, over-priced product in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Main body broke, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
the hull broke on on the main body near the rear were the stickers are. why it broke there i ll never know

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star For BrookStone........................., December 25, 2013
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
I purchased the AR Drone from Brookstone. I will NEVER make the mistake of purchasing anything from them without knowing their return policy on the items they sell. The second you cut the tape on the box the drone becomes non-returnable. Absolutely non-returnable for any reason..........PERIOD. The Styrofoam guard will break from the slightest bump. Brookstone has the worst customer service and is actually on a list for having one of the worst customer service depts in the country. I cannot express to you how quickly the Styrofoam case will break, at the slightest touch, and it will cost you another arm and a leg to replace. DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCT!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Foam?, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
This drone is loads of fun ... but the material feels VERY cheap. My indoor hull broke within minutes of it's first flight. I felt very bad and hoped that I could find one that might be sturdier. All I found was more foam. :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Product delivered as promised., February 1, 2014
Scott McIlhany (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have For New Owners, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
The AR Drone 2.0 may come with the indoor hull inside the box, but if you're like me, the one it comes with can only be glued back together so many times. The fact that you can get replacements like this is part of what makes the AR Drone a step up, because let's face it, the thing is fun and easy to fly, but it isn't idiot proof.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spare parts are a necessity, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
The product arrived as expected for a spare part to replace a broken one. Service was quick and good to know I can get spares quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's expensive, it breaks easily, but it's your only choice for now., October 18, 2013
This review is from: Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Indoor hull + stickers (Accessory)
The indoor hull that came with my drone is stuck in a tree, not even my tree, and is not coming down anytime soon. Before it came to be stuck in the tree it absorbed the impact of 3 crashes that would have broken many parts of the drone itself. To give you an idea of what the hull can take:
Impact one: auto correction directly into a treadmill handle at 1/2 speed then 3 foot fall to carpet - small dent to hull.
Impact two: wind blown into eve of house then 8 foot fall to cement - full thickness crack where circle meets central hull.
Impact three: full speed hit into side of house then 6 foot fall to dirt - two full thickness breaks which almost detatched 1/2 of a circle.
The hull can be repaired with gorilla glue and electrical tape but add the same amount of tape to each corner to balance things out.
FYI, my replacement hull arrived in its box with one full thickness crack but I opted to keep it and repair it instead of going through the trouble of sending it back. I don't know how often these break in transit but you may want to find a brick and mortar to buy one from.
To my knowledge this is the only hull of its kind so the price is understandable. That said, it should be half the price at most.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›