Poldark 2 Seasons 1975
Amazon Instant Video
1. Part 1 Limping and scarred, Ross Poldark returns from the American war to Cornwall after a daring escape from a French prison camp. He finds his debt-ridden father dead, his estate in shambles, and his beloved Elizabeth engaged to his cousin Francis.
2. Part 2 Ross tries to drink away thoughts of Elizabeth but eventually returns to work restoring his estate. A chance meeting at the market brings Demelza Carne, an ill-bred urchin girl, into his household. Meanwhile, his cousin Verity comes to him for help after…
3. Part 3 Ross supports Verity's romance, leading to tragic consequences, while his opposition to the wealthy George Warleggan makes him enemies with the most powerful man in Cornwall. His relationship with Demelza deepens but is complicated by the class divide.
4. Part 4 While Demelza remains in misery at her father's home, the Poldark family is struck by bad fortune and a series of tragedies. Elizabeth flees her unhappy marriage and runs to Ross to rekindle their romance, but Demelza's secret threatens to come between them.
5. Part 5 Ross and Demelza grow closer with their marriage and the birth of their daughter. However, both their families disapprove of the union, and Elizabeth can barely hide her contempt. Ross considers a risky new business venture, and Demelza plays matchmaker for…
6. Part 6 Ross's business plan attracts the attention--and the ire--of the Warleggans. Later, he makes matters worse with a daring rescue mission to free his unjustly jailed tenant from certain death. Tensions run high at the Warleggans' charity ball, where Ross…
7. Part 7 The whole family feels the repercussions of Francis's betrayal, although Ross is distracted by a murder that casts suspicion on one of his employees. The crime sends the usually honorable Dr. Dwight Enys into a tailspin of doubt and self-loathing and sets…
8. Part 8 Demelza tries to make peace with Elizabeth and Francis, but her goodwill has grim results. Mad with grief, Ross finds himself entangled in yet another scandal after his attempt at aiding a wrecked ship devolves into chaos and violence.
9. Part 9 Arrested for his role in the shipwreck riot, Ross seems doomed to an unfair trial. Francis seeks to make amends with Demelza, but his guilt over his part in her husband's fall from grace threatens to push him over the edge.
10. Part 10 Demelza does everything in her power to stop Ross from being unjustly convicted, but the odds are stacked against him. The key to the trial lies in the hands of former servant Jud Paynter--a tipsy layabout easily swayed by drink and coin.
11. Part 11 Furious over Ross's continued success, the Warleggans hatch a plan to financially devastate the Poldarks. At the same time, Ross and Francis agree to settle their quarrel and begin again as partners. Jud, too, has a business proposal for Ross, but it comes…
12. Part 12 After an irate Warleggan and his henchmen punish Jud for his loyalty to the Poldarks, Ross's simmering dislike for George boils over into violence. Demelza has some surprising news, but her husband's reaction is even more shocking.
13. Part 13 Trying to improve their financial situation, Demelza puts herself in mortal danger. A newly optimistic Francis pays a high price for his partnership with Ross, and the family seems to be on the brink of ruin once again--until an anonymous benefactor steps in.
14. Part 14 Ross and Demelza are overjoyed by the birth of their son and their change in fortune. Life appears to be going well for the Poldarks, until a villager's treachery puts Ross in danger and separates Dr. Enys from his betrothed.
15. Part 15 Ross escapes the fracas unscathed, but the villagers are not so lucky. Robbed of their land and livelihoods by George Warleggan's greed, they whisper about revolt. Desperate to leave Cornwall, Elizabeth makes an unforgivable decision, and Ross risks…
16. Part 16 After her husband's deception, Demelza looks for revenge from some unlikely sources. Tensions run high at home and abroad: the villagers are in open rebellion and war with France lies on the horizon. The discovery of tin at the family mine gives the Poldarks…
|Starring||Robin Ellis, Angharad Rees|
|Supporting actors||Jill Townsend, Clive Francis, Frank Middlemass, Norma Streader, Mary Wimbush, Don Henderson, Hilary Mason, Gillian Bailey, Eric Dodson, John Croft, Ian H. Anderson, Ruth Trouncer, Shelagh Wilcocks|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
love this series! love the scenery, costumes, and time period.
good story..... Will watch it again!
Loved this series! Still a quality production for the age of it. As a good book, couldn't put it down! I appreciated getting it on Kindle!Published 1 month ago by Kindle Customer
Watched it when I was a teen and has been a favorite of mine ever since.Published 2 months ago by Marina
A fantastic series! I watched the original PBS broadcasts, the VHS tapes, and now the DVD. I also read all the original novels a couple of times too. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Steve Stevenson
This is one of the best BBC series. Though now dated both technically and dramatically, Ross Poldark remains a hero for the ages, and Demeleza, his wife, a 18th century icon for... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Ed Turanchik
If you missed Poldark when it was aired on Masterpiece, this set offers a chance to experience it (for the first time, or in my case again). Read morePublished 3 months ago by NotAtWork