Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 3, 2011
The only reason I bought this is to use in on an airplane. Some of the airplanes use this kind of headphone jacks, which my normal headphone would not work. This allows me to use my headphone and not the one provided by the airline.

Pro:
Portable
Rugged material

Con:
none
on June 30, 2012
There was a little difference in the adapter I got from what was shown in the picture. In the picture you can see a small oval step where two pins are connected to a handle. In the adapter I got there was no such step. This difference turned out to be crucial when I tried to insert the adapter into the socket on my flight (Airbus). The adapter simply did not connect.
on March 22, 2013
Item received is not the item pictured! Head phone jack I received does not have the small oval shaped plastic piece located at the base of the two jacks. This oval shape is very important as some airlines require it for the head phone jack to be seated properly. WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!
on January 8, 2012
The price alone should help one consider this very handy item for those long flights. Highly recommend this adapter for the Bose Head QC-15 headphones.
on April 5, 2015
I travel to India a lot on Qatar which has 100s movies to watch. It is pretty awesome for a kid who grew when only one movie was shown and we used the lame headsets for 5 bucks each. I wanted to use my Sony MDR-7506 headphones to have a better viewing experience. I bought this for my last flight and here is what happened. I moved around in my seat and the adaptor broke. There are two pieces of plastic and inside are pieces of metel that make contact with the jack. It is very poorly made. Once it broke it kept coming undone with the lightest touch. When I returned home I glued it. I would have glued it in advance and recommend you do that to yours. Open the case and glue it OR just run some crazy glue along the edges.
on October 12, 2012
On past long hauls I've found myself having to play the "half-in, half-out" game with my headphones because the jacks were dual mono instead of stereo. This adapter works well in these dual-mono sockets.

Note that Cathay has different sockets depending on the age of the seat, and this adapter may not be necessary in more modern seating configurations. But why take the chance? This little guy will hang out in my headphone pouch just in case.
on June 27, 2013
Works well and makes the sound come out clearly especially for movies. The plug fits very well and is useful for international flights that require the dual plug. This allows me to use my sound isolating headphones instead of the el-cheapo headphone provided by the airline. Well done.
on June 19, 2016
Must have for anyone who flies commercially on airlines in Asia where the headphone jacks are not compatible with what is used in the U.S. This adapter has been a lifesaver on long flights and has saved me from trying to use the cheap airline headsets
on April 6, 2015
Works great and is solidly build; as in a solid-molded block of plastic. I've used it multiple times on foreign and domestic carriers that still use the double pronged audio adapters. Will let you use any headphone of your choosing (i.e.: Bose earbuds in my case).
on April 22, 2013
I travel often, and really don't like the supplied headphones that airlines give you. They sound bad and hurt after a while. I wanted to use my in ear, noise-isolating Klipsch to listen to airline movies.
While this is not of the highest audiophile grade material, it is very reasonably priced, and it does the job. Light weight is good for traveling. And most airplanes aren't supplying the best audio quality anyway. There have been a few times where I had to fiddle with the connection and the sound would return to both ears. But other than that, works as it should.