Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on November 6, 2012
I used these to complete some new construction where the original installer had aligned the electrical boxes with the frame, not the dry wall, leaving ~1" of gap between any electrical outlet/receptacle fitted and the trim/wall. Rather than having to replace drywall, or patch significantly to fix this code violation, these extenders enabled me to fit the receptacles and cover plates flush with the drywall whilst still meeting local code.
Note: if you're considering using these for the same, then check the electrical code in your own area yourself, it may not be the same. Your favorite Internet search engine is invaluable here...

The material quality of these is good and they fit well for me. Bonus that they were on Prime, ensuring prompt delivery..

Hope this helps, Mike

If this review was helpful, please mark it as so to help others. If it wasn't helpful, feel free to mark it so, though I'd appreciate any constructive feedback on how it could be more helpful for you and others. Thanks,
on November 11, 2012
I bought the Carlon brand extensions originally, but found they didn't fit the metal junction boxes I needed to extend. These work much better if you need to extend a metal junction box. I also found that the Arlington extenders could be trimmed very easily with a pair of snips. I read a review suggesting that these are cheap feeling. I would have to disagree. They are not the hard plastic you'll find with the Carlon extenders, but they aren't flimsy. They are flexible enough to work with and thin enough to trim down easily.
on December 30, 2011
Having tiled a backsplash before without this product, I fully appreciate how great they are. They were simple and easy to use. I have four outlets in a row in two places and a few more singles. The ease of trimming the boxes with my kitchen/shears (!) was a time and frustration saver. I strongly recommend this product!
on February 1, 2012
Bought two five-packs of these after trying one from the BORG. They're simply wonderful.

After installing wainscoting, my outlets were recessed about 1/4", so the face plates wouldn't sit on there right and the devices were recessed into the wall. If I bent the receptacle legs to bring them back out of the wall, they'd fail and fall back in after being plugged/unplugged a few times.

These devices slide right into the box and provide an extra lip around the edge. You can cut and modify them (I had to modify several, because the original electrician used nails through boxes instead of stud brackets) with a razor knife without breaking code. Says so in the included instructions. Gives you UP TO 1.5" of extension, and the rest slides right into the wall.
on October 14, 2012
I first tried the Carlon box extenders which are made of thicker material but found they are made to fit the Carlon New Work PVC boxes and are too large to fit in the smaller metal boxes I have. After cutting and grinding three to fit flush against my boxes I tried these. They fit beautifully and surpassed my expectations.
on November 2, 2011
Needed box extenders because of new tile in kitchen. Doual gang ones not
available locally. Installed easily and fixed the problem. Screws
were plenty long.
on January 24, 2013
We recently installed a kitchen backsplash. We were complete novices, but it came out beautifully. As novices, we initially failed to take into consideration that all of our electrical outlets would end up recessed due to the thickness of the tile. We needed a way to extend the outlets to be flush with the tile when cover plates were reinstalled.

This 2-gang extender was the answer. These extenders are very hard to find in the big box stres near me. The 1-gang extenders are readily available, but not the 2-gang extenders. They were exactly what we needed and helped us end up with a gorgeous new backsplash that looks professionally installed!
on April 8, 2013
My older home (55 yo) has metal outlet boxes that make me nervous when I try to install GFI outlets. Without this product, the side terminal screws come precariously close to the metal sides of the outlet box. It would be difficult to slip a sheet of thin cardboard between the outlet terminals and the side of the box. A short circuit just waiting to happen! Although I had to trim the depth a little to accommodate the shallow box, this product fit great and eliminated the need to destructively retrofit new outlet boxes in the walls.
on February 22, 2011
Works just as advertised. I had to cut corners due to my old boxes being too small for new inserts to slide into. After that went right in and with included screws snugged right up.
on May 12, 2013
I didn't realize this product didn't cover anymore space than a typical outlet size, so need to tile (or cover wall in other way right up to outlet electrical box), but this does allow you to extend boxes to stay in code and to support outlets when extending the outlets for tile backsplash installs. Line up to outlet install holes and easy to work with and trim if needed.