Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on September 27, 2011
I just bought this type of antenna (it's really basic, the one I got was under ten bucks) and I am absolutely blown away. I have been holding onto an old, 70's radio/8-Trak player in my basement just for the cool factor of it (fine, I'm a geek) but the time finally came when I had to accept that fuzzy 8-Traks and one staticy radio station wasn't going to cut it anymore. I was about to put the final nail in the coffin and make it the garage radio when I realized, genius that I am, that I had never hooked an antenna up to it to see if it would help with the reception. I just got this today and instantly turned that old beast into the best radio in my house, and I like radios, I have about 6 of them. I promise I am not exaggerating when I say it was picking up stations that I didn't even know were available in this area.
I live in a rural area, the closest big cities are about an hour away in any direction. My area is flat though, so I've got that going for me. The radio is in the basement and this antenna is thumb tacked to the rafters in the ceiling. I did notice that repositioning the antenna did help with some reception so it's not as if it's a magic bullet or anything. Oh, and it's not pretty, that's for sure. This is going to take up a lot of space, but if you're not too worried about that and you want a quick, cheap way to seriously boost your stereo this is it.
0Comment61 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2011
I bought this and the Terk FM+ antenna and this outperformed the Terk so it's the one still hanging on my wall :)

I seemed to get the best reception with it horizontal and as high on my wall as possible.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2010
TO IMPROVE THE FM RECEPTION ON A SONY AV-RECEIVER STR-D510 I PURCHSED THIS ANTENNA FROM AMAZON. IT WORKS GREAT. RECEPTION OF STATIONS WENT FROM TWO TO OVER A DOZEN! IT ALSO BOOSTED SIGNAL STRENGTH AND FM STEREO RECEPTION. THANKS AMAZON!
0Comment32 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
Where we live we have exceptionally bad reception. This antenna brings in the few radio channels we get better than the original antenna that came with the receiver. Also it works better than the "enhanced" antenna I bought from radio shack. Still have to experiment with orientation when mounting on the wall.
on October 22, 2011
I bought this antenna to attach to an old radio for use in my office at work; my office was on the first underground level of the building and got terrible radio reception on the one station I was interested in (100.3 in the DC area). Reception was definitely improved and the length of the antenna allowed me to place it in the best spot in the office for reception.

It's hard to tell whether it's an exceptional antenna or whether the length over the radio's previous antenna made a difference due to placement, but I'm satisfied none-the-less.

Considering the price, I'm surprised this antenna did anything at all!
on December 30, 2011
I connected it to my radio... and if by magic... voices came from the speakers!! It was glorious! Praise God, Heaven and Earth!
11 comment18 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
I bought two of these for inexpensive stereo hook ups in my kids rooms. I've never been thrilled with the performance of powered antennas or amplifiers, so I decided to try the basic antenna. For the price, convenience, and lack of batteries (obviously), you can't go wrong. Handing it up works wonders.
on September 1, 2012
Yes, this is just a piece of properly connected wire, and it is not going to pull in signals from across the country. Maybe you lost the original antenna that came with your radio, or as is usually the case these days, you never got one. If so, this is a really inexpensive product that will save you the hassle of trying to wire an antenna yourself. Some reviewers complained that the terminals supplied were not useful. So what? Cut them off and just connect up the bare wires directly, probably to a "push" style connector like I have on my radio.

Bottom line, for the price, and if you are not out in the "boonies", this antenna will probably work just fine for you. If you do live in a remote area, buy an amplified antenna, and don't complain that an antenna like this product doesn't work for you.
on October 6, 2011
We moved and due to the construction design of our new place my stereo was not getting an fm signal.Figured I would try this & IT WORKS!!!!
on August 25, 2012
This is a great Dipole Antenna that really improved my reception. I am able to receive a lot of distant radio stations up to 110 miles away. By Gregg L. Friedman MD, Psychiatrist, Hallandale Beach, FL