Black Books 3 Seasons 2004
Amazon Instant Video
1. Manny Come Home Fran comes back from vacation to discover that Manny has resigned and is now working next door at Goliath Books. Left to his own devices, Bernard has let things slip a little. He is living amid a pile of rubbish and rotting food. Fran wants to get Manny back in Black Books so he can clear up and make her tea, but the manager of Goliath has plans for Manny and no intention of letting him go.
2. Elephants and Hens It's International Children's Book week in Black Books. Bernard and Manny think they can do better than the trash that children are offered these days, so decide to write their own kids' classic. Fran is off for the weekend with her best friends from school at a hen party and she makes a bet with Bernard about how much fun she will have.
3. Moo-Ma and Moo-Pa Manny's parents come for a visit and Bernard wants to get rid of them immediately. They are a perfectly nice middle-aged couple with one or two slightly annoying habits. Fran and Bernard are upset with having to corroborate with the stories Manny has written in letters to his parents. Everyone's lives are thrown into chaos while supporting Manny and his 'life achievements'.
4. A Little Flutter Manny puts a bet on the Grand National for Bernard, who claims not to be interested in gambling but immediately becomes addicted to it. Fran needs a short-term job to appear employable and Bernard hires her, putting her up against Manny in competition for sales person of the century to finance his new habit.
5. Travel Writer Manny is proud of the travel writing festival that he has organized and has invited the famously charming explorer Jason Hamilton to give a talk. Fran soon falls for his twinkling eyes and lavish hair and Manny is furious. Meanwhile, Bernard is more concerned about the rent charges he has to pay to his new neighbor and rather than face a lengthy court case, he hires a professional assassin.
6. Party It's Friday night, Manny and Fran are determined to go out and do something for once. Bernard would rather stay at home, get drunk and ignore his friends. Manny insists they go to a party but in the drunken aftermath, out come secrets and bitterness.
|Starring||Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey|
|Supporting actors||Tamsin Greig, Elizabeth Chadwick|
|Executive Producer||Karen Beever|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
You won't find a better example of three comic geniuses, Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey and Tamsin Greig, at the top of their game.Published 1 month ago by Lucy's friend
Absolutely love this series! Very funny! Shipped much faster than I thought it would. I wish series 1 wasn't so priceyPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
so that's like half a season in a Amerrka sorry America where i live....quality is up though so its more like a fine restaurant with the right portionsPublished on May 10, 2012 by Adrian Alvarez
I love this series. After watching all three series (seasons for us Americans) I want to open a book store and treat my customers like crap. Read morePublished on March 10, 2011 by Joseph E Ness
I believe season three is actually better than season two. The plots are fantastic in this series, and I love the episode when Manny's parents come to stay. Read morePublished on October 31, 2010 by Lisa Herbertson
Dylan Moran and crew are at it again! His character, Bernard, is hilarious! And Bill Bailey is adorable! Anyone who likes 'dry humor' will love Black Books! Read morePublished on March 22, 2010 by Gail Hannon
Wanted a DVD, not a VHS, so was a little disappointed. It's my own fault for not reading carefully. Good postage, especially considering was before Christmas.Published on February 16, 2010 by K. McConnell