Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

92%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 8, 2006
I really enjoyed this book. I have read many of Tomie de Paola's books and bought a few of them especially the ones with religious themes. They are simple but with a great story and message. I started this book with even knowing it was based on a real saint St Pascual Baylon and liked it very much.
on October 17, 2005
Children's books can be so wonderful... but are often void of any real substance. DePaola is able to integrate a lovely story with lovely pictures and lovely morals all at once. We got this book at the library and are now going to buy it. It's so nice to have your faith boosted by everyday stories read to a child.
on May 23, 2013
We love this book! My three year old has requested it to be read over and over for almost two years now. We have a vast book collection, so the fact that she chooses this one so often really shows how much she loves it. The pictures are great, just like the story. There are only a few sentences per page, so it is perfect for young readers. We love all Tomie books, but this one is our favorite. In fact, I am looking for a small St. Pascual statue to keep in my kitchen so that when my little girl is all grown up I will still have a reminder of all our happy readings of Pascual and the Kitchen Angels.
on May 8, 2016
My daughter's favorite childhood book, don't know why, we are not Catholic or very religious. I had to read this SOOOOO many time, and now my daughter who is 13 wants me to buy it for her again because I got rid of the old worn pb copy.
VINE VOICEon April 22, 2008
This is a beautiful book. Both the artwork and the story will keep the interest of children for many readings. All of Tomie DePaola's books are treasures to keep for generations of children to enjoy, and this one is no exception.

The story about Pascual, who is the patron saint of cooks and kitchens, will teach children about putting our trust in God who is always there for us.

I also recommend "The Clown of God" by DePaola, another great story for children.
on December 12, 2014
This is a great book about St. Pascual and his miraculuous cooking! My kids really enjoy it, and the pictures are, of course, wonderful, being Tomie dePaola's.
on December 21, 2008
Brilliant! We love the story & it has been read to our boys every single night for the last year as the ending night time story!
on January 5, 2016
This story was great for reading to my first grade Sunday School class when we were talking about angels and guardian angels.
on September 26, 2013
This book is about a real Saint Pascual Bailon. Always a fun book if it's Tomie DePaola and the illustrations are great!
on September 22, 2015
Great book to learn about St Pascual
Tome dePaola is a wonderful author of children's books.