Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Color: CreamChange

on April 11, 2012
I have several pashmina and pashmina/silk blend scarves and wraps; two are from here, and I am about to buy more. Personally, I really like this product, and have been happy with those I've received. After reading some of the critical reviews tho, I would like to make a couple comments for those checking out this product.

First: Read ALL the product information. Several complaints about whether 100% pashmina was received could have been avoided by reading the information that not all the colors are 100% pashmina, and then LISTS the colors that are blends [with silk].

Second: The person who "pulled on one thread, really tugged hard" and found it wouldn't break, should know that silk is what gives the yarn fiber it's great strength, and is a sign of quality.

Third: If you're suspicious a fabric may be synthetic, do this simple test: cut off one piece of the fringe. Burn it with a match, doesn't have to be all the way. If you get ash, its a natural fiber. If it smells bad, it's usually wool. If it melts, or turns into little globs that harden like beads, it is synthetic.

Lots of strange smells can accumulate from various manufacturing practices,i.e., dyes, where it was stored, plastic packaging material, the container it was shipped in, etc. Air it out for a few days or a week, or just store it with your favorite potpourrie. Don't put perfume on it, but you can store it with the bottles.
Just don't be so instantly freaked out.
33 comments342 of 345 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2011
I purchased 2 pashminas from 2 different suppliers. One was this bubble 2-layer gauze-like pashima that I returned today from Sakas. I hated it.

But this one, which was just $8.50 is awesome!

One review says she knows what real pashmina cashmere feels like - well I question her judgement. While it may not be "thick" it is not sheer, and it is oh so warm. When you put it on, it's almost like wrapping yourself in an electric blanket. Within a minute or two, you feel your own body heat warming you. This is the true test of a real cashmere, or wool, etc. - it holds your body temperature in.

And soft! OMG, how wonderful it feels to the touch. NO way it is acrylic or rayon.
And for the price - what a great value. If I had not seen these online, and saw this in a store for say, $25, I would still think it was a steal.

I bought a black one, and I wish I had bought more, in a few other colors.

I saw where one bride-to-be bought them to give away as gifts in case it got cold. What a great idea. No one would suspect you paid less than $10 for this lovely product. Seriously! I absolutely love mine! Not sure where all these bad reviews come from. I can't image anyone would be dissappointed after spending so little, on something so soft, and warm.

I wish I could find a queen-size blanket made out of this stuff! I would never get out of bed.
33 comments152 of 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2010
While it's not a designer scarf, it is better quality than what I would have expected for the cost. It's comfortable, sturdy, and good sized. The color (camel) is nice. Shipping was incredibly quick, and it got here almost faster than I'd expected. In short, I'll likely order more of the same scarves in various colors.
0Comment65 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2010
I have this pashmina in yellow, turquoise, purple, gray and my burgundy one is on the way! I love these pashminas so much! They're even better quality than the ones I've seen that are five times the price! I just keep ordering more and more. I bought them as Christmas gifts for a lot of women on my shopping list. Big hit. The girls in my office are now buying them also. You cannot beat the quality and price.
0Comment40 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2010
There were a couple of flaws in my scarf: a bit of seam that was torn, and a spot where the glue for the tag pulled the fabric. Nevertheless, the gray color is really lovely, and the fabric is soft with a nice shine. For the price, I would say it is a darn good deal.
0Comment41 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
I love the chocolate brown color of this shawl! It's perfect for my fall wedding & I ordered 5 for each of my bridesmaids. However, 2 of the shawls arrived with snags -- 1 with a large snag across the shawl, and 1 with a small hole & snag. So, I am returning those 2 shawls for a refund, and since there is no "exchange" option, I've purchased 2 more shawls... and I REALLY REALLY hope they will arrive without any damage. As for the material, it is just OK. Given my budget, it will do for the wedding -- the beautiful color makes up for a lot.
UPDATE RE QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES: Ultimately, I had to order EIGHT shawls in total to collect FIVE undamaged shawls. Something to be aware of if buying multiples, i.e., for bridesmaids, etc.
0Comment39 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2010
This was a gift for a friend. I ordered it in silver. The color is very lovely (it's a dark silvery gray) and matched the picture. I thought that it would be a bit softer, but it seems as though it will feel better with more use. Looks great!

For the price, a great product.
on November 18, 2010
This shawl was a last minute order and cheap. I guess you really do get what you pay for because it was too thin. When I pulled it out of the package to iron the wrinkles out I immediately ironed over a hole in the garment and what I thought was a stray piece of thread. After lifting the tread the hole got larger. I was able to hide the tear during the wrapping process. I was disappointed in the quality but I guess from a distance it looks really good because I got multiple compliments. I would say it served its purpose but do not buy if you expect a quality product that will stand the test of time. It could not even stand the test of ironing and I have a very good iron that glides over fabric.
66 comments73 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
I started off by ordering one scarf, because I wanted to see the quality before I ordered 10 more for my bridesmaids gifts. I thought the one I got was good enough, so I proceeded to order 10 more. When I finally opened them, they were SEE THROUGH and scratchy material. This company is a joke, and their customer service is worse. BEWARE...scammers.
on December 19, 2011
For how incredibly reasonable this pashima is priced, it is an excellent value. Yes it is somewhat thin, but it's a nice thin, with good texture and a soft sheen. It's a great size too- can wear as a wrap or a scarf. I purchased the ivory and am going to buy more colors.