Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Passion and Affect
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

75%
25%
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 26, 2012
I'd read Colwin's longer works, but these stories were a revelation -- her miraculously natural writing, and her ability to get characters just right. One of the world's most entertaining writers, ever, with heart and soul.
on August 8, 2008
Laurie Colwin is a wonderful, quirky writer. Her characters are well-drawn and altogether fascinating. I highly recommend this book! I plan to get her other books, but with larger type than this one--teeny!
on March 23, 2000
There's something so great about the way Laurie Colwin writes--she is an avid observer, and her language is always right on. This book is no exception. I enjoyed it very much.
on December 23, 2012
I found Passion and Affect to be too dated and slightly strange to be enjoyable. Yes, I plugged through it because I had enjoyed Laurie Colwin's other books. I think several of the story endings are abrupt and the plots just a little strained. It wasn't much money to spend, but I would have rather read something more enjoyable.