Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Passion Profit Power
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 15, 1998
With considerable trepidation, I purchased Marshal Silvers audio and video tape set after watching his informercial (I had purchased Personal Power @$200 PLUS and was very disappointed with the results) To date, I have lost over 35 lbs, stopped smoking, a 26 year habit, was promoted over people with many more years seniority at my job and started a part time home based business.
I have more energy. Get more done and have the ability to dream and stretch myself like never before.
I bought the book (which is all dog eared from reading and re-reading, underlining etc) and the tapes are outstanding. Marshall has a way of communicating that is more powerful than anyone else (including ROBBINS) I got more results in 2-3 days with the self- hypnosis tapes than I did in 2-3 months with the "30 Day Personal Power" Program.
I also highly recommend Dr Stephen Coveys great work "SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE" And Napolean Hills ti! ! meless classic "THINK & GROW RICH" Then use Marshal Silvers self hypnosis techniques to install these habits instantly!
on September 1, 2004
I think the key to living life successfully is to have lots of tools for motivating yourself and for dealing with your unwanted habits.

Some of the very best tools, in my opinion, are in this book (the other tools are in Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins). It's clearly written but best of all, if you stick with 'subconscious reprogramming' for at least a month (sylver says to create a mental/physical habit, you need at LEAST 21 days), you'll see results. Old beliefs will begin to break down and you'll - automatically - feel comfortable with your new beliefs. It's worked WONDERS for me.

I highly suggest that you try Sylver's suggestions consistently for a month. Take a month and change your life. It will never be the same.

I noticed many of the reviewers have compared Marshall Sylver with Anthony Robbins. I believe that neither of them offer anything BETTER than each other - rather, they both complement each other. The only thing is I prefer Anthony Robbins' writing style much more than Sylver. Still, despite that, I think you should get both books (this one, plus Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins. Awaken the Giant Within is more 'user-friendly' than his first book Unlimited Power)

I have read a lot of other self-help books, but for me, these are the top two.

Best of luck!
on July 8, 2004
I bought this book after seeing Marshall Silvers magic show in Atlantic City and then his informercial. The man has charisma PLUS!
While I agree with some of the other reviewers that some of what Silver talks about is not new, what makes his program different is the self hypnosis programming. You also have Silver's unique philosophy.
In particular, I liked Silvers technique for making my own self hypnosis tapes, recording them on a answering machine endless tape and then letting it play over and over all nite long with relaxing music int he background. As Silver indicates, the one voice that you trust the most is your own. Unfortunately, these endless loop tapes are no longer available but a cd works well.
I recommend Passion, Profit and Power even if you ahve read all the other books or listened to the other tapes. Silver is different and his advice works...and fast too.
on November 22, 2012
This book has great insights, what is hardly to find in other books of the same category. One example what you resist on negative feelings that persist. This is so true, when you had learned through your childhood or positive thinking to suppress your feelings, everything is getting even worse. So why you not just feel this uncomfortable feelings like a baby und it will disappear very fast. Simple is all the time the best. The tools are quite common, similar like A. Robbins, but better. For less money a really great book.
on July 8, 2005
First I would like to address those of you who are writing about Sylvers personal affairs with the Nevada Attorney Generals Office. What does his affairs have to do with the information in the book? Think about that sentence! People want to rate his book according to his personal life which is unfair especially if you haven't applied his techniques to your own life. I can only speak for myself and say that I have read and reread this book and every time I apply his techniques I get results. He "teaches" how to bypass your conscious mind to get results that truly work. If you read the book without doing the exercises then you will be unsuccessful. You have to train your mind to new habits which is what this book is about. If you are serious about losing weight, stop smoking, procrastinating, etc. then read this book and apply it's technique to your life. It will work!
on May 31, 2016
This book started me down the path of my own personal development, and eventually, was responsible for my becoming a Certified Hypnotherapist. Having been hypnotized by Marshall Sylver in Las Vegas, I was intrigued to the point of wanting to learn more about hypnosis. Since the author was then marketing himself as the "greatest hypnotist of all time," I figured I had to be in the right place at the right time. Overall, this is an excellent book from the standpoint of personal development, hypnosis, and yes... affirmations! You know them: "Every day in every way I am getting better and better."

For an equally pleasurable experience, check out the unabridged audio of, "Passion, Profit, and Power!"
on July 7, 2003
Sylver's message is certainly not original, but I don't find fault with that. I think that many motivational and insightful people recycle information they have been exposed to and "interpret" this information in a way that suits both their audience, and the times they live in. I think in our lifetimes, we might hear the same information several times from several different sources before it "clicks" for us from a particular source that we happen to connect with, and then it all makes sense. I think the message in Sylver's book and has the quality of being attractively "packaged" in order to click with what feels right to many individuals. This message may be too packaged for some.
However, I do have reservations about recommending this book. My reservation is related to a comment made by another reviewer from Nevada made in relation to the book and a seminar he attended, "I believe him to be a manipulative man and dishonest". That reviewer made mention of investigations into Sylver's affairs in Nevada. I have also attended seminars when Sylver was in San Diego, and there were investigations into sexual and financial impropriety there as well.
To conclude, both in person and in print, I believe Sylver can be intoxicatingly motivating for many individuals. However, those who are searching for betterment or help in their lives put themselves in a vulnerable position. For this reason, choose your gurus carefully. If you value high levels of morality, you may want to keep searching. There is perhaps little harm in buying the book, but I would REALLY THINK TWICE about attending ANY Sylver Seminar that is referenced in his book.
on August 23, 1998
After watching the infomercial, I was very interested in hypnosis. This book is not about hypnosis! I found it to be a modern day version of the fantastic book, THINK AND GROW RICH. In fact if you have read THINK AND GROW RICH already, you may just want to pick up the PASSION PROFIT & POWER tapes. They in fact DO have very specific hypnosis programs, as well as a workbook and taped information that is in the book.
on June 1, 2000
I was wary of trying this subconscious reprogramming thing, since I am very uncomfortable with the thought of hypnosis. This book is not about hypnosis. It's about overwriting some of the programming we have that makes us ineffective, or worse. I LOVE this book. It has given me a new outlook on my marriage, and life in general. I was going to be using it as a business tool but it is so much more. I can honestly say that my life has changed because I read this book. Then I went back and studied it, underlining the things that really jumped out at me. Anybody who implements the things in this book will never be the same.
Someone else who reviewed the book on this site said that the author's uncle had left him a lot of money. The book does say that, but it's obviously a joke! I just wanted to clarify that.
on July 4, 2009
With so many personal development books out there why buy this one? That's easy.

Marshall Sylver is without a doubt one of the very best, if not the very best personal development trainers. He encompasses,relationships, personal achievement and wealth in an easy to read and easy to apply program.

The real power in this program is the exercises. They must be practiced daily. Also I recommend re-reading this book at least once per year. In my own case, I originally bought PP&P 14 years ago and just read it again picking up many new ideas.

These techniques will change your life forever!