5.0 out of 5 stars A GROSSLY UNDERRATED BOOK!
Published on July 15, 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars This book may be helpful for some...but...
Published on July 7, 2003 by J. Goddard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A GROSSLY UNDERRATED BOOK!, July 15, 1998
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
With considerable trepidation, I purchased Marshal Silvers audio and video tape set after watching his informercial (I had purchased Personal Power @$200 PLUS and was very disappointed with the results) To date, I have lost over 35 lbs, stopped smoking, a 26 year habit, was promoted over people with many more years seniority at my job and started a part time home based business.
I have more energy. Get more done and have the ability to dream and stretch myself like never before.
I bought the book (which is all dog eared from reading and re-reading, underlining etc) and the tapes are outstanding. Marshall has a way of communicating that is more powerful than anyone else (including ROBBINS) I got more results in 2-3 days with the self- hypnosis tapes than I did in 2-3 months with the "30 Day Personal Power" Program.
I also highly recommend Dr Stephen Coveys great work "SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE" And Napolean Hills ti! ! meless classic "THINK & GROW RICH" Then use Marshal Silvers self hypnosis techniques to install these habits instantly!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Some Potent Stuff, September 1, 2004
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
I think the key to living life successfully is to have lots of tools for motivating yourself and for dealing with your unwanted habits.

Some of the very best tools, in my opinion, are in this book (the other tools are in Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins). It's clearly written but best of all, if you stick with 'subconscious reprogramming' for at least a month (sylver says to create a mental/physical habit, you need at LEAST 21 days), you'll see results. Old beliefs will begin to break down and you'll - automatically - feel comfortable with your new beliefs. It's worked WONDERS for me.

I highly suggest that you try Sylver's suggestions consistently for a month. Take a month and change your life. It will never be the same.

I noticed many of the reviewers have compared Marshall Sylver with Anthony Robbins. I believe that neither of them offer anything BETTER than each other - rather, they both complement each other. The only thing is I prefer Anthony Robbins' writing style much more than Sylver. Still, despite that, I think you should get both books (this one, plus Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins. Awaken the Giant Within is more 'user-friendly' than his first book Unlimited Power)

I have read a lot of other self-help books, but for me, these are the top two.

Best of luck!

1.0 out of 5 stars This book may be helpful for some...but..., July 7, 2003
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
Sylver's message is certainly not original, but I don't find fault with that. I think that many motivational and insightful people recycle information they have been exposed to and "interpret" this information in a way that suits both their audience, and the times they live in. I think in our lifetimes, we might hear the same information several times from several different sources before it "clicks" for us from a particular source that we happen to connect with, and then it all makes sense. I think the message in Sylver's book and has the quality of being attractively "packaged" in order to click with what feels right to many individuals. This message may be too packaged for some.
However, I do have reservations about recommending this book. My reservation is related to a comment made by another reviewer from Nevada made in relation to the book and a seminar he attended, "I believe him to be a manipulative man and dishonest". That reviewer made mention of investigations into Sylver's affairs in Nevada. I have also attended seminars when Sylver was in San Diego, and there were investigations into sexual and financial impropriety there as well.
To conclude, both in person and in print, I believe Sylver can be intoxicatingly motivating for many individuals. However, those who are searching for betterment or help in their lives put themselves in a vulnerable position. For this reason, choose your gurus carefully. If you value high levels of morality, you may want to keep searching. There is perhaps little harm in buying the book, but I would REALLY THINK TWICE about attending ANY Sylver Seminar that is referenced in his book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great program by Marshall Silver, July 8, 2004
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
I bought this book after seeing Marshall Silvers magic show in Atlantic City and then his informercial. The man has charisma PLUS!
While I agree with some of the other reviewers that some of what Silver talks about is not new, what makes his program different is the self hypnosis programming. You also have Silver's unique philosophy.
In particular, I liked Silvers technique for making my own self hypnosis tapes, recording them on a answering machine endless tape and then letting it play over and over all nite long with relaxing music int he background. As Silver indicates, the one voice that you trust the most is your own. Unfortunately, these endless loop tapes are no longer available but a cd works well.
I recommend Passion, Profit and Power even if you ahve read all the other books or listened to the other tapes. Silver is different and his advice works...and fast too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have recommended this to everyone who wants to change!, July 8, 2005
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
First I would like to address those of you who are writing about Sylvers personal affairs with the Nevada Attorney Generals Office. What does his affairs have to do with the information in the book? Think about that sentence! People want to rate his book according to his personal life which is unfair especially if you haven't applied his techniques to your own life. I can only speak for myself and say that I have read and reread this book and every time I apply his techniques I get results. He "teaches" how to bypass your conscious mind to get results that truly work. If you read the book without doing the exercises then you will be unsuccessful. You have to train your mind to new habits which is what this book is about. If you are serious about losing weight, stop smoking, procrastinating, etc. then read this book and apply it's technique to your life. It will work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read them all - this is the best, June 1, 2000
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
I was wary of trying this subconscious reprogramming thing, since I am very uncomfortable with the thought of hypnosis. This book is not about hypnosis. It's about overwriting some of the programming we have that makes us ineffective, or worse. I LOVE this book. It has given me a new outlook on my marriage, and life in general. I was going to be using it as a business tool but it is so much more. I can honestly say that my life has changed because I read this book. Then I went back and studied it, underlining the things that really jumped out at me. Anybody who implements the things in this book will never be the same.
Someone else who reviewed the book on this site said that the author's uncle had left him a lot of money. The book does say that, but it's obviously a joke! I just wanted to clarify that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to become a classic...., September 15, 2000
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
In the past I have never felt compelled to right a review on any book of the many that I have purchased throughout the years,but this one is good,clear, concise and easy reading,all readers will appreciate the authors frankness, it's refreshing to read material from a writer that walks the walk and not just talks the talk,will this material change your life? If that is what you seek, yes....Can you apply it, no matter what your dreams may be? undoubtably yes...the key word being "apply it", you must" Apply "the information to your life and not just stop at reading the material....I wish everyone well,like I always say, life is good....................

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but tapes are better, August 23, 1998
Skysurfer (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
After watching the infomercial, I was very interested in hypnosis. This book is not about hypnosis! I found it to be a modern day version of the fantastic book, THINK AND GROW RICH. In fact if you have read THINK AND GROW RICH already, you may just want to pick up the PASSION PROFIT & POWER tapes. They in fact DO have very specific hypnosis programs, as well as a workbook and taped information that is in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Riveting & uplifting way of improving our lives in 3 areas", March 5, 2001
David G. Stokes (St. George, Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
If we truly want to improve our lives in the area of Passion, Profit, and Power, this book does a good job of guiding us. I do believe, to borrow from another great author, "The seeds of greatness are in us". Change is never easy, but, we do hold within our subconscious, the answer to all of our conflicts. This is definitely a good pick-me-up book. As far as I know, this is the only book Marshall Sylver has written. What a shame! I know if he were to write another I would read it. I do own his tape program of the same name. It is a good program as well. In fact, the tape program is virtually the same in every way, except that it also contains audio versions of the hypnotic scripts for profit, power and passion. If you enjoy this kind of book this is a great one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book by Mr. Charisma, July 4, 2009
This review is from: Passion Profit Power (Paperback)
With so many personal development books out there why buy this one? That's easy.

Marshall Sylver is without a doubt one of the very best, if not the very best personal development trainers. He encompasses,relationships, personal achievement and wealth in an easy to read and easy to apply program.

The real power in this program is the exercises. They must be practiced daily. Also I recommend re-reading this book at least once per year. In my own case, I originally bought PP&P 14 years ago and just read it again picking up many new ideas.

These techniques will change your life forever!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Passion Profit Power
Passion Profit Power by Marshall Sylver (Paperback - January 21, 1997)
$19.99 $16.29