5.0 out of 5 stars Best Passion album yet!
Published on July 25, 2012 by Tom

3.0 out of 5 stars You might like it if you like slow songs
Most of the music is slow. I really like the harder rock type of christian music and only like 2 songs on the album.
Published 9 months ago by T. J. Girard

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Passion album yet!, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (Audio CD)
I have a large collection of praise and worship CD's. My tastes have not been the run of the mill songs you hear on the radio. I discovered great new albums and groups thru a small circle of friends who were passionately touched by all that was happening, albeit without much fanfare, back in the mid-90's. It started with Hillsongs back around 1996. Then we heard about the Stoneleigh Band with Stuart Townend, Lou Fellingham, and Phatfish and Paul Oakley. They sang songs that were Biblically rooted, excellent musically, were easy for a congregation to sing, and obviously birthed thru the Holy Spirit. The website Gold USA, located in Minnesota, made available many, many CD's that you just could not find anywhere else until it went out of business a few years ago. Worship gradually, and often with conflicting generational tastes, began changing in churches worldwide. I was a singer on worship teams at two churches for 12 years until I lost my singing voice from a surgery. I saw this change in worship happening first hand in my local area, and thru attending several worship conferences and traveling to hear some worship bands, I discovered that this was happening throughout the country. From this mini-revival came such diverse worship leaders, singers, bands, and churches as Don Potter with Morningstar, Soul Survivor church (Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, Martyn Layzell, Ben Cantelon, Tom Field, Beth Croft, and on and on), Abundant Life Church with Lara Martin, the youth band from Hillsongs - Hillsong United, David Ruis, and all the musicians from the Passion movement - David Crowder, Charlie Hall, Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels. And don't forget the contributions of the Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship and their worship teams, including Rob Critchley. There are many more, but that is not totally my point.

Yes, the past 15 years has been overwhelmingly awesome! The Christian church has truly, finally connected with the next generation. The interesting thing, to me, is that in churches and movements that have been truly gifted with world class worship leaders, many more leaders have been 'birthed' from their youth. Hillsongs, Soul Survivor and Passion are the best examples. To see new singers get better and better and teach the next generation is inspiring.

And that is why this Passion album is fantastic. While Chris Tomlin has rightfully so been their long-standing, best known and most gifted worship leader, Christy Nockels has now risen to a new level. She is an awesome, gifted singer. Her 'You Revive Me' is hands down the best song on this album, followed closely by her song with Chris (Jesus Son Of God), her song 'How I Love You', Chris' songs 'White Flag', 'Turning Back' and 'Yahweh', a great cover of 'One Thing Remains' by Kristian Stanfill, Matt Redman singing '10,000 Reasons' , David Crowder singing 'All This Glory' and Charlie Hall singing 'Mystery'. Out of 14 songs, only 4 songs (IMHO) were 'average'. This is the best praise and worship album of 2012, without a doubt.

To the people at Amazon that select the albums that they sell, I plead to you. Don't be afraid to carry more of a selection of praise and worship songs. The smaller worship song sites like Gold USA went out of business because they could not compete with you price-wise on the more popular titles. But, there still is a passionate core of customers that want to find, listen to, and purchase songs by the lesser known and upcoming worship bands and leaders. And, I am one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, March 13, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (MP3 Music)
Having attended Passion 2012, this album captures so much from the conference. It is by far one of the best Passion albums to date. A must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid album, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (MP3 Music)
I picked this album up specifically for using song selections in corporate worship. There will be at least a few I use. No Turning Back was inserted immediately in to the rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10,000 Reasons, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (MP3 Music)
This album has some beautiful inspirational music. I recommend this work without any reservation. I like all songs, but 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)is my favorite. Buy and be inspired while praising God!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME Worship!, September 6, 2012
Joey (West Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (MP3 Music)
I have been listening to this album a lot for the last 2 weeks during my refocus on worship. i love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (Audio CD)
There aren't words good enough to describe some of the songs. It's a live production and I normally don't like those type of CDs, but this one is great. I recommend this CD to EVERYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD ever, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (Audio CD)
Passion White Flag is the best CD I have purchased in a long time. It is a great CD to take in prayer with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion: White flag, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (Audio CD)
This was purchased as a gift for my Son-in-law. This was on his wish list. He is very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sing a new song to the Lord, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (Audio CD)
As Psalm 96 encourages us to sing new songs to the Lord I find Passion cds to lead me in that. White Flag's new songs are beautiful, meaningful and really lead me in worshiping God. This cd has meant a lot to me as I've gone through lows and highs recently and songs on White Flag remind me of God's passion for me and helps renew my passion for His glory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Passion: White Flag (Audio CD)
Passion is the appropriate name. A passion after God unleashed through exciting worship.
This is the way it is supposed to be!!!

Passion: White Flag