Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Passione
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 6, 2009
When I reflect back on the first review I wrote about Paul Potts the voice was searching for a specific "niche" to fit into and in need of artistic maturity. Paul is now back with a new CD, "Passione", and the passage of time has allowed him to develop a new found sound that offers an extraordinary richness and intensity of expression.
What attracts me most in the performance of each song is the sense of spiritual serenity and mounting ecstasy Paul conveys. He bypasses conventional traditions, going his own way with the greatest of imaginative resources which allow him to achieve a superb balance between poise and passion. Technically, the voice has gained considerable strength and conviction leaving you with virtually no grounds for complaint!
"I am thrilled for Paul and admire the inner confidence he has shown by forging ahead to fulfill his personal dreams and ongoing musical journey!"

Author: Raymond Vacchino (Classical Music Critic) M.Mus. A.Mus. (hon.) L.R.S.M.
66 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2009
I usually don't write review but Paul Potts' Passione CD is just too good. I have to write something about it.

To be honest with you, I am still listening to track (1) to track (5) and I haven't get a chance to listen to track 6 & beyond yet. Why?! Because that's how good this CD is!!! I am still keep replaying track 5 - "Senza Luce". This is how good it is.

I am sure at some point, I will have the courage to move on to track 6, but the songs are so passionate and heartfelt, I am just playing it endlessly. Also, I can hear that the music arrangement and overall sound quality are one step better than One Chance CD. One Chance CD is great, of course. Who can beat Paul with the Nessun Dorma & Time to Say Goodbye anyway? ^__^

Anyway, I preorder this CD and it arrived on May 4. 3 days later, I am still enjoying the first 5 songs and literally NOT ABLE to move to track 6 and beyond. This is unreal. My wife got my CD now so I have to get it back from her!

I sincerely wish that Amazon give us 6 stars because it truly deserve it.
For those of you who are familiar with Paul Potts who was discovered on the show "Britain's Got Talent," I think you're going to love his second CD. His entry on that show, Nessun Dorma was widely viewed on youtube a couple years ago. I bought his first CD, One Chance right after it came out. I'm glad he's finally released another and hope it won't be so long before his next.

Every song in this collection is a winner, but my favorites are Bellamore, Il Canto and Piano. (Why is it that everything sounds so much more romantic in Italian?) I bought the MP3 version since everything ends up on my iPod anyway. Paul's voice is so amazing. It's hard to believe that he was a cell phone salesman before being discovered on that TV show. It's so nice when someone like him who is so talented is finally recognized and becomes a star. I'm sure this won't be his last CD.
on May 14, 2009
Paul's first C.D. impressed me because of its perfect taste. From start to finish, it focused on offering beautiful performances of beautiful music beautifully orchestrated and beautifully recorded. It never went overboard, tried to dazzle or went dramatic. That, I felt, showed great wisdom on the part of everyone who had a hand in its making. Now Paul is back with not part two of the first album but a horse of a different color. He is a much more self-assured singer now and his voice has acquired a burnished glow. This is a more sophisticated album but still a piece of work which reflects restraint, focus and the goal of a lifelong career, not just a hit of the moment. It's the kind of album you can and will listen to over and over without tiring of it, though it will relax you. Bravo, Paul Potts and everyone who has served you so well.
on May 15, 2009
There's something odd about Paul Potts--odd in a good sense, I think. He gives me goose bumps. What's odd about that is that I don't have that reaction to other singers or other music. Not even Susan Boyle (or Elaine Paige), who instead make me want to jump to my feet, but don't give me goose bumps. There's something about his voice and his selection of music that's simply haunting.

Obviously, his voice is maturing. He sounds a bit more in control of the music. It certainly bodes well for future albums, but for now, I'll just enjoy this one. Good stuff; very, very good stuff.
VINE VOICEon May 5, 2009
THis is a great cd to listen to. I had a stressful day and listened to it all day long. I am so happy that Paul has done so well. I hope he will be around a long time. Thanks for a wonderful album to destress to. I also went home from work blasting it as loud as I could from my car. My whole neighborhood now knows that I love Paul Potts, and PAUL POTTS is in the house!!!!
on May 6, 2009
Every song in this album is unique and amazing to listen to. He sings all the songs so beautifully. One of the best albums I've ever bought.
on May 9, 2009
Passione is an extraordinary achievement! Paul's powerful voice is absolutely beautiful, and the growth and maturity in his voice is wonderful to hear. His duet with Hayley Westerna is breathtaking. Every musical selection is so well done!! I loved One Chance but this CD showcases the incredible depth and emotion of Paul's voice. I love the music selections and can hardly wait to see what his next CD will be like. The world is a better place with this heavenly voice.
on July 8, 2009
I have been studying voice for almost fifty years. I wish I could sing like Paul Potts sings. He knows how to place his voice as he shifts registers, loud or soft his voice has the same ring. Technically, he does things that most tenors cannot do. The high B-natural - Long sustained notes with crescendo. He is not out of tune. There are things he does that I would not, but no one is perfect. The overall picture of Mr. Potts is he has a pretty good voice, amazing actually. The fact that he is taking the art of good classical singing to the masses and they are loving it shows that there is a place for a humble person in the musical world. Most good singers, when asked, "Would you sing for me?" would say "No." Paul Potts says, "Yes." Can we take him seriously? Yes, I know we can.
on May 5, 2009
"Un Giorno Per Noi" and "Mamma" are the best songs on the disc. Very moving.