Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

At first glance, the blocking sleeves aren't too impressive. They're basically thin tyvek envelopes with metallic coatings on the inside. Honestly, at first glance they appear a bit flimsy and don't look like they would stand up to a lot of use, but the credit card sleeves are identical (except for color) to the one that the bank sent my credit card in, and I've been using it for several years, and it's still in good shape. If you're not familiar with it, tyvek is virtually indestructible. You can cut it with scissors, but it's very difficult to tear it or puncture it.

A few years ago, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) issued a set of test procedures for evaluating electromagnetically opaque sleeves. For shielding products to be in compliance with their FIPS-201 guidelines, they must meet or exceed this published standard. Shielding products currently evaluated as FIPS-201 compliant are listed on the website of the U.S. CIO’s FIPS-201 Evaluation Program. I checked the current list, and Identity Stronghold shielding sleeves are shown as compliant with the standards with no restrictions. That's proof enough for me.

The Identity Stronghold RFID blocking sleeves are a well made, effective product that meets the established standards for shielding credit cards, passports, and other types of contactless identity cards.

A product sample was provided by the seller for review purposes.
99 comments| 363 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
They arrived promptly, and they are exactly as described.
Got them for travel, but they are my every day cardholders now. I put stickers on them and use clear packing tape to keep the stickers on to beef them a bit. As pulling the cards in and out often will quickly wear them out.
The stickers are a quick easy way to identify what credit card is in which sleeve.
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2015
As you may know thieves these days can steal anything from you, even your identity and credit card info. So when you have a contactless card (or card with RFID) you definitely need a product like this for your protection. IF you don't have a special envelope skimmers can read your credit card info while it is till in your own wallet.

Before ordering these I went to the FIPS 201's Evaluation Program online and checked if Identity Stronghold was in the list of approved products. Yes it was, so this means that these sleeves are in compliance with the FIPS-201 guidelines from the GSA.

For those of you who have never had protective sleeves for your credit cards: you'll receive basically some white credit card and passport envelopes. They will look plain to you but they are actually pretty nice. These are made of tyrek which is a strong material (polyethylene fibers) that feels like a really strong paper. The interior is metallic. Of course if you cut the envelope with scissors it will break but if you try to tear it, it will be a bit hard or impossible. The point is that this material will hold up for what it is supposed to (getting the cards in and out of it, and getting the envelope in and out of a wallet). I have had the envelope that my passport card came with, for 4 years and it still is holding up well so these will last.

As you can see in my photos my passport id and credit card fit perfectly (they are not all the way in if you were wondering) and our passports fit perfectly fine too. IT can be a little tedious to keep taking the card in and out every time you use it but you will get used to it and it is for your protection so…

I am really happy with the product. It is durable, right size, pack amount variety is nice, and now my cards are protected.

This product was provided by the seller for testing purposes.
review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 12, 2014
These foil-lined sleeves protect chips in passports, ID cards, transit cards, and credit or bank cards, etc. from being read by RFID readers. This is useful not just against crime in certain high-risk areas, but against accidental usage.

The sleeves are made of a durable synthetic material similar to Tyvek, but should be replaced when wear is evident.

The sleeves are listed on the U.S. General Service Administration's Approved Product List. [See the comments below.]

They are also easy to test wherever an RFID reader is available, such as at a store that accepts RFID-enabled credit cards. I tested the sleeves at a door with a lock utilizing RFID identification card reader to confirm the effectiveness.

Number 1 in Service provided sleeves for evaluation and review.
on April 16, 2014
I have RFID readers on all the doors where I work and they really do block any signal. I think you could put one on each side of your cards if you keep them all together in your wallet and not have to fight getting them in and out of the pocket of the sleeves all the time. The edges get deformed on the end where the card slides in and sometimes it takes a little effort to get the card back in the sleeve.
11 comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 20, 2014
I'm lucky that my passport was issued before they implemented the new RFID Passports, however come renewal, I'll end up getting one and this passport RFID blocker will come in really handy. I have a few cards that have chips in them, a few AMEX's and a debit card or two. I've never been virtually pickpocketed but now I feel much more secure.

My office uses a RFID in my badge and I tested a few of these holders at the entrance. I'd swipe my card by the reader, then changed the sleeve to a different one (you get 10 credit card sleeves total). I tested all 10 and they worked without fail, my card wasn't even recognized until I took it out of the sleeve, I'm a believer now.

[Review Sample Provided For Review And Evaluation]
22 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
We used these on our recent trip to Europe. We know these credit card and passport sleeves worked since security stopped us - their scanners couldn't penetrate. They are just paper on the outside and, once used for awhile, became flimsy. Was not easy to put cards in and of them. Next trip, I think I would buy an actual RFID wallet or case.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2014
this worked well for my overseas travel and I now use them all the time. I just put a notation on each sleeve so I'll know what's inside. Love knowing that my info can't be hacked while in my purse
on March 11, 2015
Although we haven't been subject to any "security" theft it may be because the credit Card & Passport holder Guards are working.
on October 13, 2014
Have used them only a short time & my husband had to tape one because it was coming apart. The quality is poor, sleeve is snug & paper is flimsy.