Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on July 4, 2012
Willow is the sweetest, most innocent and most honest gal you'll ever meet. She's so unassuming and straightforward that most folks don't quite know what to think of her. However, most of the people who take the time to get to know her fall in love with her.
Willow's story begins very sadly, but she handles it in sort of a matter-of-fact way. She goes about her farm, continuing the chores she'd done her whole life. Through this first part of the series, she finds that she is not an island, that her mother wasn't perfect, and that there is life outside of her lovely little farm.
Though very different from MY world, I found the story absolutely believable, and I found Willow to be a wonderful young woman whom I'd love to meet.
Another great work of Christian Fiction from my favorite contemporary author. I'm so excited to read the next one!
on July 5, 2012
If most people ended up in Willow's situation they would end up frozen or whining about how unfair it is. Willow instead keeps on keeping on. Now, she has the help of some new found friends that Willow isn't sure how to handle yet. Willow's unexpected candor throws many people for a loop. However, if more of the world would be more like Willow there would be a lot less misunderstandings. Willow is such a breath of fresh air in a world where "little white lies" are supposed to be a given. In this newest book by Chautona she introduces us to Willow and how she copes with all the new and unexpected situations that are thrown her way. Her new friends walk her through new situations and introduce her to a world that her mother ran from. There are twists and turns that you just don't see coming and keep you on the edge of your seat to find out what happens next.
on July 15, 2012
It was bound to happen here at Kindle (or ebook for that matter) - a serial novel, the same way we have soap operas on TV be it nighttime or daytime and on graphic novels. Of course serial novels are nothing new. A long time ago, before radio and television, serials were published in newspapers and magazines, even books.

So, why are people upset about "Past Forward" being a serial novel, although it says so in the title? Perhaps its because as readers we are used to have the story reach into a conclusion in one book. Serial novels, though they exist today in mega epic books like The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time (Tor Paperback))- Wheel of Time Series or Wizard's First Rule (The Sword of Truth) - Sword of Truth series, very few among us, (including myself) has encountered a serial novel the way "Past Forward" is presented.

Yet, so far, "Past Forward" has been a delightful read for me. Willow Finley, the main character is introduced, together with a budding romance and friendship, something she has not experienced before. Raised in isolation by her mother, Willow does not use many of our modern conveniences though she is aware of it. No television, no cell phones, no cars, etc.

As described in the book, Willow's mother admired the Amish way of life and tried to emulate it. But, the Amish has a community around them. Willow and her mother did not. They were alone, for all intent and purposes.

So, when tragedy struck, Willow had to face it head on without a support group around her. And this is the crux of the first episode of Past Forward. Willow, while remaining still very innocent in the ways of the world "grew up" in the eyes of the readers and also proved her mettle.

The author developed the characters very well, beginning with Willow, the main protagonist and the supporting characters wherein several main characters are bound to come from as the story progresses. I can't wait for the next installment.

This book is PG with parents cautioned on how to handle grief. No sexual content or violence.
on July 4, 2012
Willow is an interesting character with an unusual lifestyle. She isn't afraid to tell you what she really thinks. Chad is a police officer in a small town, with dreams of moving to a bigger city. Living completely different lives, Willow and Chad are thrown together after a tragedy. Neither one seems quite sure what to think of the other. There is laughter and there are tears but most of all there is the beginning of an unexpected friendship. Chautona has done it again! I can't wait to read more from this series.
on November 1, 2012
Wow! (That's also kind of a theme in the book...) I am LOVING this serial novel!
I "saved up" most of the episodes before I started reading and I'm so glad I did.
I know that if I had to stop and start, waiting for each new episode, I would be extremely frustrated because it is THAT good!
As it is, I read the entire Volume 1 in almost one sitting. And I'm moving fast through Volume 2 late into every evening even though I seriously need some shut-eye! What a great story/concept! So refreshing, inspiring, and be warned, addictive! I want a life just like Willow's (ok, but maybe just with the exception of a dishwasher and air conditioning...)!
Even after only Volume 1, I already know deep down that it is going to be very difficult to accept getting to the end of this series. Maybe I should slow down in my reading...but no, that's impossible!
It's too good - like delicious home-made ice cream you just can't get enough of!
And by the way, it is SO worth signing up for Chautona Havig's newsletter. She's constantly got great competitions and giveaways and always notifies you when there is a free book available for download for just 24 hours. Such a generous author, I wish I could meet her but alas, I live on a different continent!
However, I will forever be a faithful follower and collect all her books for as long as she writes!
on July 19, 2013
I am so NOT a fan of ebooks that have many books t get before you read them. So I am very pleasantly surprised when I started reading this as I have gotten 1 - 25 plus the wedding one. Unfortunately I read the wedding one first. Please other readers take my advice read them in order. I promise it will be well worth it. Even though I read the wrong book first I am going to read the others too. I just love the innocence of Willow yet she works so hard. Thanks Chautonia Havig!
on July 6, 2012
Downloaded this book today because of the good reviews. It isn't as great as they rated it. It is a very short installment of however more to come. But in this offering we find the story begins with a death and what results because of the death. We are supposed to believe that because these people live five miles out of town that no one knows them and no one has any idea that they exist. Then because the young girl is now all alone we are supposed to believe that the young police officer would go out of his way to help her and is even assigned duties to care for her. This book has some inconsistencies with names (Mr so and so, then William, then Bill) without explaination. But for the most part it is well written. I won't waste my money getting the future installments.
on October 19, 2012
Having just finished the "Aggie" series I was excited about this one. Loved the story, loved the premise of a serial story, very disappointed that the only way I can get the next issues is to be a prime member, which I'm not and have no intention of doing since amazon believes we readers only read one book a month. That's not the authors fault but the back of the book tells me I can keep reading for free each week and I have an issue with that. She's actually one of my new favorite authors but this irritated me.
on July 12, 2012
Past Foward was a refreshing breath of fresh air! The story starts out entertaining and pulls you right into Willows life. Can you imagine yourself in the shoes of a young lady, losing her mother and not even knowing what a phone is? She has to walk to the police station from their farm because they don't own any other kind of transportation. She has never even been in a car before. The story is very entertaining. I can't wait for each new installment to come out. I will be buying more books by Chautona Havig.
on January 12, 2015
Past Forward is one of the most enjoyable books/series I have ever read. The story line is so well rounded, I cannot imagine finding fault with anything in the tale; it is inspiring in so many ways, with sweet romance, a bit of suspense, and a hope for a better tomorrow. I have become a big fan of Chautona Havig's writing.