The renowned Sfoglia restaurant reveals its pasta secrets-easily recreated in your own kitchen.
Tables at Sfoglia in Manhattan and Nantucket are much sought-after by the fans of the restaurant's authentic and delicious cuisine. Now you won't have to wait for a table at Sfoglia. With Pasta Sfoglia, you can prepare its master recipes right in your own kitchen. Here, for the first time, chef-owners Ron and Colleen share recipes from their kitchen, enabling home cooks to make sophisticated pasta dishes with efficiency and ease. They found the perfect collaborator in cookbook author, Susan Simon, who shares their passion for all things Italian.
Beautifully illustrated in full color, Pasta Sfoglia lets you
- Use the step-by-step instructions to create perfect pasta-the Sfoglia way
- Experience dishes ranging from the traditional (Nonna's Sunday Ragu) to the new and distinctive (Goat's Milk Cheese, Spinach, Cappellacci, Golden Raisins, Saffron Butter)
- Dive into the 111 rich and flavorful recipes for every kind of pasta dish-including fresh, dry, and filled pasta, dumplings, and grains
- Improve your preparation with tips on choosing the best ingredients with an emphasis on seasonal products, picking alternate ingredients, and information about the origin of each dish
- Enhance your enjoyment of the recipes through the authors' entertaining stories of how their food and travel experiences in Italy, Nantucket, and New York inspired their recipes
If you love pasta and cuisine grounded in loving traditions and uncompromised flavor, Pasta Sfoglia
is the perfect collection to inspire you to bring your own traditions to the table.
Recipe Excerpts from Pasta Sfoglia