5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best Ever
Some things become life experiences not only for one's child, but for oneself. "Pat the Bunny" is such a book. It is so dear, so simple, and so very, very perfect that it is deceptive. It really can teach a very young baby about textures and colors and the fact that the world is a varied and wonderful place.
When my first child (now almost 18) was less than 6 months...
Published on April 20, 2002 by Wendy Kaplan

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Worst Binding Ever
Published on August 9, 2011 by Alison Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best Ever, April 20, 2002
This review is from: Pat the Bunny (Touch and Feel Book) (Plastic Comb)
When my first child (now almost 18) was less than 6 months old, I would take her tiny hand and place her chubby fingers on each different texture...the bunny, the cloth, and of course my favorite...Daddy's scratchy beard! (a piece of sandpaper). I don't know how much of the simple and sweet words my daughter absorbed, but she was cuddled in my arms, being rocked (our favorite place to read) and she definitely liked to touch the textures. Now the interesting thing is that the book remained special, and when she should have outgrown it, she did not. It remained in the collection. I think that's because it is just so peaceful and simple, remnants of a former time.
If you are expecting, if one of your friends has a new baby, if you are a grandparent or a loving aunt or uncle, you cannot give a better book for a new baby. It will be that baby's cherished book in short order. Guaranteed. One word of warning, though. Make sure that you are buying the original, with all the textures. I saw one oversized board book version the other day, and its only texture was the cotton of the bunny, which carried through to each page. No no!! We need everything right for this book of a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a classic, June 8, 2000
By A Customer
Pat The Bunny is one of my 10-month-old daughter's favorite toys. She likes to leaf through the pages, and especially likes to play peek-a-boo with Paul and to look in the mirror like Judy does. The book captures her interest for relatively long periods of time. My only concern is that the plastic binding is somewhat flimsy and my daughter keeps pulling the book apart. I can put it back together again, but I wish that Pat The Bunny came as a standard bound board book that wouldn't fall apart quite so easily. It has to endure a lot of baby love and attention!

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the book, HATE the plastic ring binding!, June 30, 2005
Elvia (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pat the Bunny (Touch and Feel Book) (Plastic Comb)
My 1 year old loves this book so much she tore it to pieces. It has many touch and feel items such as 1) a soft bunny and "daddy's" scratchy beard to touch, 2) flowers to smell, and 3) a boy who has a cloth over his face to play peek-a-boo with. It is truly a classic!

I did not give this book 5 stars because of its plastic ring binding, which allows children to easily tear the book apart. I have had to piece this book together several times and at this point it is beyond repair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Worst Binding Ever, August 9, 2011
It took my son weeks to demolish his first little version of this beloved book, which also had the plastic comb binding. I bought this one thinking it was bound in some other manner. It is a "deluxe" version, and even has a few pages that the first version we got (with stuffed rabbit included) did not have, but with in 15 minutes of his looking at it by himself, my 19 month old son (who has not destroyed any other book, ever) had this one separated from the hard cover, and now it's just the pages, which will soon be all apart as well. I'm serious, it took only a few minutes of his turning the pages by himself, quietly. I could sit down and work each plastic curl back into the holes of the cover, or I could take the whole plastic comb out and find some other way to hold it together, but I don't know what to do except look for another format of this book he loves, while trying to find a way to keep it in one piece just a little longer. This is a ridiculous way to put together a book for anyone under age 7. And I rarely leave reviews like this, I try and resolve the issue with the manufacturer but we have waited months for this book, and it's come apart in 15 minutes??? This is my first ever one star review, and it's sad, because this is a fantastic book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the boxed set - Just buy Pat the Bunny, October 25, 2002
Pat the Bunny is great, but Pat the Cat and Pat the Puppy are poor copies. Their activities are not as toddler-friendly, and I wish that I had only bought Pat the Bunny.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, but it is NOT a "BOARD BOOK", April 10, 2012
We received a copy of Pat the Bunny for a baby shower. My daughter loved the first book, but it was a small paper-back, plastic-spiral-bound version. When it was finally destroyed beyond repair, I started my search for a more durable copy. I found this one and purchased it because it said it was a board book. (To me, that meant it was a hard-cover with hard pages.) I was very disappointed to open the book and find it was still the same paper pages and plastic spiral binding. We've had it for 2 days, have read it twice and already had to put the entire group of pages back into the spiral binding. Absolutely love this story and will continue to read it with my daughter and future child, but I sure wish someone would make a true board book version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great even for a 6 month old, September 23, 2002
This review is from: Pat the Bunny (Touch and Feel Book) (Plastic Comb)
My baby went crazy for this book and her age (6 months) seems to be perfect for it. Her favourite pages are pat-the-bunny (a fuzzy bunny on the page), peek-a-boo (where Paul's face is hidden with a piece of cloth) and Judy's book (a miniature book attached to the larger book). She hyperventilates with excitement when we get to these pages, and after a few tries was able to make the right movements for Paul to play peek-a-boo and to turn the pages on Judy's book. She is not an avid roller but she will roll across a whole blanket to get to this book. The only negatives of this book is that the pages are thin and have sharp corners. She chews on the pages, so I don't know how long they'll last, and when she waves the book around I am afraid she will hit herself in the eye with its sharp corners. We solve both these problems by only reading the book together (I don't leave it around as a toy). Other than that, it's hard to imagine a better book for a 6 month old.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's absolute favorite book (he's 1 year old), February 16, 2003
This review is from: Pat the Bunny (Touch and Feel Book) (Plastic Comb)
My son got this book when he was 2 or 3 months old. We would read it to him occasionally as he was getting older. When he got to be about 6 months, he could do most of the things in the book (play peek-a-boo with Paul, pat the bunny, etc.). Now that he is a year, he does everything -- he waves to Paul & Judy, he puts his finger in the ring, smells the flowers, etc. He loves this book so much, the cover has come off and we have to purchase another.
The great thing about this book is that there is something fun for them to do on every page, and it grows with your child. The only drawback I found is that it's not super-durable if your child really loves it and reads it over and over and over and over... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toddler Interaction, December 10, 1999
By A Customer
My daughter received this book as an Easter gift, and loved having it read to her. This is when she was 18 months. Now my daughter is 26 months and she reads the book to herself. Her interaction between Paul and Judy (the characters) is amazing. It taught my daugher soft, scratchy, quiet, peek a boo, and a host of other topics that are sometimes a little difficult for toddlers to grasp. And as I said before, her interaction now and the ability to "read" through the pictures is very heart enlightening.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, July 12, 2012
I bought the plastic version, not realizing that that meant it was VERY cheap. Everyone knows that a baby wants to grab/touch (isn't that the point of the book?) but this book doesn't hold up to that. We JUST got it today and it was read once and the binding has torn and looks horrible. The bunny came off in large pieces...ahhhh.. not what I want to happen when my baby touches it and puts it to his face. Also the mirror is horrible- he put it to his face but u can't even see clearly in it- puke. Speaking of puke....the perfume smell is horrible. I wonder if the hard cover is as bad? I quess I will never know. Cute concept, but poor construction.

Pat the Bunny (Touch and Feel Book)
Pat the Bunny (Touch and Feel Book) by Dorothy Kunhardt (Plastic Comb - May 1, 2001)
$9.99 $6.41