5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag
I am tough on luggage, and was very happy to see how durable this bag seems to be when it arrived. It's also a great size, large enough to pack for at least a few days, and small enough that it's not cumbersome to carry around. I would buy it all over again...but shouldn't ever have to as Patagonia stands behind the quality of their bags.
Published on May 13, 2011 by rss30

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Nice size. Zippers don't open all the way (by design). You're better off splurging on an Oxx bag
Published on January 31, 2011 by VonTrousers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, May 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Three years and still going strong, August 7, 2013
This is the best quality and most versatile all around travel bag I have owned. I have used it for weekly travel, long overseas trips, as well for a daily office tote-bag/brief case. It is roomy. Have easily had 45 pounds of gear in it at times and washed it after some extended time outdoors in its backpack mode. It continues to impress -- not a stitch has come loose and it has always worked as designed. Zippers, handles, and nylon skin all have held up well to constant use. I like it so much am buying as second as a gift for a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars (Almost) perfect carry-on, June 5, 2014
Gordon Haff (Lancaster, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Patagonia MLC (Maximum Legal Carry-on) (Apparel)
I do a lot of traveling for business and this is my usual go-to bag. While not cheap, it's well made--over a number of years I had to replace a slider on the over-the-shoulder strap that came loose and fell off but otherwise it has stood up very well. It's a perfect size (as designed) and I much prefer it over the overhead consuming pox that is roll-aboards. The two external zip compartments are perfect for holding standard odds and ends I might need to get at while traveling. The backpack straps aren't really padded but this seems a reasonable compromise given the size of the bag and its typical use.

If I could redesign it, I would only make 2 changes.

While being able to open the zippers all the way is handy, I have found that I need to be a little careful that they're closed properly so that the bag doesn't open up and potential drop stuff. Personally, I'd prefer zippers that didn't wrap around quite so much.

Also, while the separated compartment can indeed help separate shoes or dirt clothing, I'd personally prefer to just use a plastic bag and have a single compartment. As it is, certain objects (think a shoebox) don't fit as well as they would if there were a single compartment.

Still, these are nits. I really like the bag overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best carryon I have ever used., November 15, 2013
I have a 2009 blue version of this bag, I travel at least 30 weeks a year and this thing has been stupendous. By far the best carry on I have ever had. Soft sides so it fits everywhere. How many times have you seen people gate check bags or waiting on bridge for their bag. Never again with this one. Fantastic buy and barely shows any wear.

I have gone through many of the wheeled carryons from the two to the spinners... the simple fact is your carry on is supposed to be light and easy. The wheels and handles take up half the room and they never fit on the small commuter planes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Bag, January 10, 2013
I've been a longtime fan of Patagonia - not only do they make some of the best products on the market, they back it up with unparalleled customer service. I love my MLC. It's roomy, durable and the envy of my wife. Guess I'll get her one soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for travel, December 26, 2012
Purchased this for my husband to take on our backpacking trip to Europe last fall. LOVE this bag. Fit so many of our must have travel items.. Fits very nicely on domestic and international flights as a carry on. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 21, 2012
A great bag for those who like to forgo the rollers. Can carry almost a week's worth of clothes, and has a handy laptop pouch on top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 4, 2012
I just recieved my Patagonia MLC bag yesterday. The picture shows it to be a light green but it is actually more of a hunter/army green. It looks even better than the image in my opinion. It seems to be sturdy and there are more pockets that I thought. I'm going backpacking through Italy this summer for 17 days and other than a small messenger bag/purse this will be all I will be taking with me. I think it will work perfectly! I'll write another review upon my return. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
great product. holds a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great carry on, December 24, 2013
Getting on planes is super stressful with a roller bag. Not with this! It's soft, so it fits every time.

Rate and Discover Movies