5.0 out of 5 stars Different than I thought, but I quite like them
I was thinking they would be more firm, but they actually feel more like slippers than shoes. I work all day at a desk, and am finding that I really appreciate that, my feet feel less sore and stressed at the end of the day.
Published on December 3, 2012 by damon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last
Published 18 months ago by B. R. Howard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Patagonia Men's Advocate Walking Shoe (Shoes)
I bought this while looking for a pair of fashionable shoes that aren't sneakers. They are definitely an attractive pair of shoes. As another reviewer mentioned, though, they are more like slippers. I immediately returned the first pair I received due to sizing - these run about a size large. The next pair fit very well. They were comfortable as a minimalist slipper having literally no support at all - it's just a few millimeters of sole separating your foot from the pavement - just what I wanted. Sadly, they're are two major flaws. 1) they resemble a suede/microfiber material and do not breathe at all. In 75-80 degree weather, even without socks, they were unbearably warm. I suspect that in the cold, given how thin they are, they'd be unbearably cold. 2) For a walking shoe, they are not meant to be walked around in. After approx. 4 miles of walking, the liner peeled out and the sole looked significantly worn. I typically walk 4-5 miles a day on asphalt/concrete sidewalks and these are clearly not going to last more than a week. After a day walking around in them, I sent them back.

If you're looking for an attractive indoor only slipper, these will fit the bill. If you're looking for an attractive outdoor walking shoe, find something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different than I thought, but I quite like them, December 3, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking shoes and so comfy., April 4, 2014
These are great looking shoes and probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever wore. I'm sure they will not hold up as good as a lot of other shoes but the comfortable bare foot feeling comes at the price of durability. These shoes seem to run a size or half size big. So if your a 10.5 order a 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, September 30, 2013
I have been looking for vegan and "barefoot" shoes that I can wear to work as casual shoes. These are perfect! I bought a pair in black and a pair in brown. I am a bit worried how they will hold up to the wet northwest winters, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, Patagonia., October 22, 2014
This review is from: Patagonia Men's Advocate Walking Shoe (Shoes)
I bought these shoes to be a lightweight, casual dress shoe.

While they are very lightweight and look quite good, they are also very cheap.
I'm a big fan of Patagonia and have several other pairs of their shoes. BUT these Advocates are 1% planet earth, recycled, something shoes. So they are made with very little material.

As a result, they wear out very quickly, and I find quite uncomfortable.
The inserts slip around in the shoe and are so thin it hurts to step on pebbles.
The cloth sides scuff and tear easily as well.

If you want an office shoe, or a slipper for inside your house, these may work well.

Overall, a waste of ones money. Not impressed, Patagonia.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not durable at all, August 29, 2014
This review is from: Patagonia Men's Advocate Walking Shoe (Shoes)
Really love how these look and feel. They're really comfortable - just make sure you buy a size small like other reviewers are mentioning.

The major problem is durability. For something deemed as a 'walking shoe' they don't seem to want to hold up to even the smallest amount of walking. I got these a few days ago and I already notice that the front toe area of the right shoe is starting to fray. Not worth it for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, June 6, 2014
I bought these as a replacement for the more expensive Patagonia Tawa. First impressions are they fit smaller than the tawas, but seem to be made with the same quality materials you would expect from Patagonia. Already after just twenty minutes of walking I can tell you these things are LIGHT! I barely notice that I'm wearing shoes, they're like socks with rubber souls. But what's a review if it's biased? The one and only thing I would change is having a wider base. The fit is on the skinnier side, especially the toe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Shoes!`, January 9, 2014
These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I will not wear them when it's raining/snowing as I don't think they will hold up well but I wear them at all other times. When I am done with my current pair, I will purchase another.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inserts of shoes, January 4, 2014
Insert of the shoe keeps moving when I wear it. It becomes very annoying as I have to take it off and move it back in position.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves them, December 31, 2013
Purchased this as a gift for my son and he loves them. The size was a perfect fit and he says they are very comfortable. Not a shoe you want to get caught out in the rain in tho

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›