Patagonia Mens Down Sweater Jacket
|Price:||$149.99 - $899.00|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Polyester Fabric
- The perfect warmth for just about everything, the classic Down Sweater is lightweight, windproof, and fine-tuned this season with a new 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell, 800-fillpower Traceable Down, and improved fit
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. Patagonia makes first rate products and this is one of them. The stitching is impeccable and this looks even better in person than in the picture on Amazon. I don't hesitate to wear it to the office as well as for casual use.
2. This is extremely lightweight, not bulky at all for a down jacket (it's called a "sweater" so you don't confuse this with a heavy duty down jacket for extreme cold conditions), and easily packs into itself. It packs into an internal pocket that can be zippered shut. Perfect for going to the airport during the winter.
3. This has a slim fit. With a thin tee shirt and thin wool sweater on underneath this is comfortable but snug. It extends a couple of inches below the waistline, so if you want to wear a shell on top, you need a shell that is a little longer if you don't want this showing through at the bottom.
4. This is very warm, windproof, and water repellent. I got caught in a rainstorm and the water beaded on the outside of this. However, this is not waterproof, so I wouldn't spend hours in the rain with this.
With the temperature in the high 30's I have worn this on top of an Icrebreaker 260 weight sweater and a tank top when going to my gym. I don't feel cold at all. But remember this is a "sweater"--it's not a substitute for a regular down jacket.
5. This has two outside pockets and an inside pocket. But if you load them up, it won't be comfortable to sit in this with the jacket zippered (like driving in the car) because of the slim fit.
6. I wish this had a double zipper, which would make this more comfortable for driving or sitting in general. I also miss not having a slash chest pocket.Read more ›
I really want to like it, but the sizing is way too large. the Medium felt more like an XL
I've been buying these down sweater jackets every other year since 2009. The Fall 2011 to Spring 2014 down sweater jackets of the past fit much bigger than the Fall 2014 to the current Fall 2015 line does.
I'm 5'9" 155lbs and in 2009/2011/2013 style years I found the Patagonia Size Small fit me exact (like a normal men's medium 38R chest ) This year style the size medium fits the same way.
So for Fall 2015 I purchased the Patagonia Size Medium get a correct 38R fit. My only complain is that while torso is tailored to fit better with a tapered fit that narrows from the armpit to the hemline, which I love, the sleeves are completely untailored and baggy for the size. There is more fabric around the triceps area than I would like. You can see this in the Patagonia website pictures for this product as worn on the model.
Other changes are the zippers for this year's (2014-now) style is much beefier and more durable. The DWR-treatment and crispy-factor is much better on the outer shell. In the past the thin zippers would always snag on everything and the wispy outer fabric would stain and tear easily-which is why I HAD TO replace my down sweater jackets every other year. However, this year's zippers are much improved and the outer fabric so far seems more resistant to dirt (specifically oil and grease from your skin and hair) and tearing.
I also loved that they bought back the internal chest pockets in this year style and returned the "dual" cinch toggles on the hemline that you could now cinch from inside the hand pockets (yeah it boggled my mind why Patagonia used a one sided hem cinch toggle the last couple of years).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My husband loves this coat ..He likes it that it is light weight but keeps you warm. Stylish too. Not bulky - figure fitPublished 5 days ago by Sherryl Philip
Best of it's kind although I usually wear a medium and the small fit me perfect.....Published 11 days ago by Wesley Wong
Needed a surprise present for my son. What better gift can be given to a man who never wants anything? This Patagonia jacket is quality AND he loved it!Published 15 days ago by Lambie
Perfect. Best down sweater out there. I like they way it fits both men and women nicely compared to other brands in its class.Published 15 days ago by hipskipster
Don't fall for any hype. Go out and actually try this garment on. This "sweater" is not just the stylish jacket that all the rich kids are wearing, it is an engineering... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Noel Meyer
Okay so the fit of this jacket is great, and it is also very warm. However there is a serious flaw. Read morePublished 21 days ago by The Suburban Hippie Experimentalist