Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 30, 2011
Buzzword Jr. comes with 144 double-sided cards with 5 questions on each side. The directions of the game tell you to play as two teams. We've played it just one against one (either two kids against each other or parent/child) and it worked out really well. No fun was lost!

Our girls are 6.5 and 10.5 and both had a great time. We were concerned that it might be too tough for our younger and too easy for our older. The questions contain a good mix of every day sayings, proverbs, popular culture, and idioms. Our girls don't watch much tv or movies, so games that are very heavily based on pop culture don't work for us. Likewise, some games are slanted too heavily towards phrases no longer used. This isn't the case with Buzzword Jr. They did a great job including variety in the design.

Because the girls aren't familiar with all the terms on each card, I can see this being played several times through each side of the 144 cards without becoming boring. Rather, it should help them build confidence on the second go-round.

As a homeschooling mom, I purchased this specifically to build vocabulary in my 6.5 yo. However, it's a hit for both girls. The cards are portable and can be used like the Brainquest cards on a road trip. However, unlike the Brainquest cards the educational aspect is cloaked in a game format. It's definitely worth the money for some stealth education!
on February 12, 2011
My grandchildren are 7 and 1/2 and 5 and 1/2. The older child, a boy and I take turns reading the Buzz Word and clues. It is surprising that the children know some of the answers that I do not. We play both sides of the card, blue & purple. I hesitate sometimes and pretend I am thinking of the word, often give a small newer clue that helps the children. Since we are in the car, we do not tally points. No need! It's just fun. Once other children play the game with us and I find out they do not have it, it makes a great gift!
It's a great vocabulary learning tool--without the children realizing they are learning!
Thank you!
on February 22, 2011
My kids ages 5-14 have had a great time playing this together. Not very many games can you play with such a wide variety of ages. It is a little simplistic for the adults but we help out the youngest when she needs it. I was surprised how many answers she could handle on her own though.
on December 29, 2014
My 7- and 8-year old love this game. To avoid fights, we drew two extra lines down the scoreboard with the included dry-erase marker to play as individuals instead of on teams. It worked out great and the girls loved the game. The clues are pretty simple to give and guess for them. Lots of family fun!
on January 6, 2013
My whole family loves buzz words. We recently bought buzz words junior for my 7 year old and my 10 year old. We play the game all the time. We don't use the board or timer. We play with just the cards on car trips and at grandma's house. Great laughs at some of the answers we come up with.
on January 3, 2012
Good for a range of ages to play together. My kids and their friends always ask to play this, they have a lot of fun. Most answers are well known words/phrases to kids ages 7-10.
on January 23, 2014
We bought this game as the family game for Christmas. It was awesome and the kids love it. The game really gets them thinking and they try to get as many answers correct as possible. My husband and I even loved this game and as our kids get older we will be looking for the regular buzz word game. Shipping was extremely fast and this arrived ahead of the estimated delivery date. I would highly recommend this item and seller.
on March 27, 2012
I was disappointed with this game. My family loves games and I found this one really boring. It's too hard for my 7 year old because he isn't familiar with the phrases. It's almost too easy for my 10 year old. Some of the answers are too simple and some of them are too much of a stretch.

As a mom that recycles, I am frequently frustrated with the extra packaging with board games. This one was no different. The game could easily fit in a box with half the volume. It would save the manufacturer money, be more environmentally friendly, and save me closet space!
on September 23, 2011
This would be great for readers ages 7-9. Its far to easy for our preteens but I will donate it to a friend for her younger children.
on January 21, 2015
Easy game to start up and play with the kids. We haven't got to play it much though. My kids have been much more interested in the game called Life, that they got at the same time as this one.

See 1 answered question