5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game for Elementary-Age Kids
Buzzword Jr. comes with 144 double-sided cards with 5 questions on each side. The directions of the game tell you to play as two teams. We've played it just one against one (either two kids against each other or parent/child) and it worked out really well. No fun was lost!

Published on December 30, 2011 by Cuckoomamma

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Junior for my pre-teens
This would be great for readers ages 7-9. Its far to easy for our preteens but I will donate it to a friend for her younger children.
Published on September 23, 2011 by Darla Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game for Elementary-Age Kids, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)

Our girls are 6.5 and 10.5 and both had a great time. We were concerned that it might be too tough for our younger and too easy for our older. The questions contain a good mix of every day sayings, proverbs, popular culture, and idioms. Our girls don't watch much tv or movies, so games that are very heavily based on pop culture don't work for us. Likewise, some games are slanted too heavily towards phrases no longer used. This isn't the case with Buzzword Jr. They did a great job including variety in the design.

Because the girls aren't familiar with all the terms on each card, I can see this being played several times through each side of the 144 cards without becoming boring. Rather, it should help them build confidence on the second go-round.

As a homeschooling mom, I purchased this specifically to build vocabulary in my 6.5 yo. However, it's a hit for both girls. The cards are portable and can be used like the Brainquest cards on a road trip. However, unlike the Brainquest cards the educational aspect is cloaked in a game format. It's definitely worth the money for some stealth education!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Car Ride activity, February 12, 2011
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
My grandchildren are 7 and 1/2 and 5 and 1/2. The older child, a boy and I take turns reading the Buzz Word and clues. It is surprising that the children know some of the answers that I do not. We play both sides of the card, blue & purple. I hesitate sometimes and pretend I am thinking of the word, often give a small newer clue that helps the children. Since we are in the car, we do not tally points. No need! It's just fun. Once other children play the game with us and I find out they do not have it, it makes a great gift!
It's a great vocabulary learning tool--without the children realizing they are learning!
Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for a mix of ages, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
My kids ages 5-14 have had a great time playing this together. Not very many games can you play with such a wide variety of ages. It is a little simplistic for the adults but we help out the youngest when she needs it. I was surprised how many answers she could handle on her own though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Junior for my pre-teens, September 23, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational game, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
Good for a range of ages to play together. My kids and their friends always ask to play this, they have a lot of fun. Most answers are well known words/phrases to kids ages 7-10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining game, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
My second grade students love this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun!, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
Its a great family night game. Its not too hard for the kids or too easy for the adults. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game!, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
We bought this game as the family game for Christmas. It was awesome and the kids love it. The game really gets them thinking and they try to get as many answers correct as possible. My husband and I even loved this game and as our kids get older we will be looking for the regular buzz word game. Shipping was extremely fast and this arrived ahead of the estimated delivery date. I would highly recommend this item and seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Word Game, September 3, 2013
Tara (CHOWCHILLA, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
The kids have played this on our car trips and keep each other entertained for quite some time. Can't wait for another long drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Buzzword Junior (Toy)
Fun time with my Grand-daughters. Makes the girls think and enjoy while doing it. Shipped and received in less time promised.

Buzzword Junior
Buzzword Junior by Patch Products Inc.
$19.99 $13.63