Patrcia C Wrede.... am I jumping to conclusions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 29, 2011 10:07:15 PM PDT
Cassandra C. says:
After reading 'The Thirteenth Child', I decided I would NEVER read another book by her again. But after seeing countless 5-star ratings on books that were recommended for me, I looked at the reviews and decided I might give her another chance. I especially considered this when reading reviews for 'The Thirteenth Child' with Wrede fans saying they loved all her books except this one.

Many reviewers compare some of my favorite authors (Jessica Day George, for instance) to Patricia, and some even rant about her being better that Jessica (I'll never believe that, however). So if anyone can tell me which to read if they're worth reading, I would appreciate it, especially since I'm running low on books.

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 4:24:32 AM PDT
Nebbye1 says:
Well, what did you you hate about The Thirteenth Child?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 3:56:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 3:58:31 PM PST
For what it's worth, Wrede is one of my favorite writers, but I disliked The Thirteenth Child on first reading. My favorites by her are the Enchanted Forest Chronicles and the Regency fantasies (with and without her co-author Carolyn Stevermer). If you like your fantasy Light and witty, try Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot or Dealing with Dragons: The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Book One and proceed from there. Enjoy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 29, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dealing with Dragons: The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Book One
Dealing with Dragons: The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Book One by Patricia C. Wrede (Paperback - November 1, 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (362)