Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Patricia Wells' Trattoria: Simple and Robust Fare Inspired by the Small Family Restaurants of Italy
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 7, 2014
This cookbook stimulates my creativity. I now use parchment paper to cook chicken and lean cuts of pork. I love the easy cleanup!
on January 12, 2009
I lived in Italy for more than a dozen years, and Trattoria is the cookbook I most often give as a gift. Its great draw is speed and simplicity. That said, one must beware of Wells' recipe for Ragu. She uses 46 oounces of crushed tomatoes for less than a pound of meat and wants us to believe this concoction will be ready in 20 minutes. Huh? No way! Otherwise, the book's terrific, especially for beginning cooks.
on March 16, 2005
You can't go wrong with this cookbook. The dishes are simple to prepare and the flavor is divine. The pasta with vodka sauce is to die for. I got it as a gift from a friend and we were recently commenting on how this book gets used more than many others. Simple, fresh, flavorful food. YUM!
on December 29, 1999
I was given this book as a gift several years ago. I've mostly made the deserts, which alone make the book worth getting. My family requests the biscotti every Christmas, and the lemon rice cake is wonderful. So is the fragrant orange and lemon cake.
on December 16, 1999
This book features an excellent range of homey Italian dishes. The recipes for vodka pasta, eggplant parmesan, and saffron butterflies are all favorites in our house. The author's explanations of ingredients are very helpful.
on November 30, 2012
No kitchen should be without this cookbook. The dises really work the way she says they do. You will definitely enjoy Wells in this as well as her other books.
on January 12, 2009
I've loved this book ever since I got it almost a decade ago. The recipes-- many vegetarian-- are a delight, and among them, the simple tomato sauce is a family favorite. The prezzemolo can't be beat, and what I especially appreciate is Wells' non-fussy approach to lovely, delicious Italian food that those of us not living in those sunny climes, can make in our relatively pallid kitchens. I've given this book to friends in Singapore, in Delhi, and in Bombay and they all love it. Oh and her white bean salad has been adapted a million different ways in my house and is supremely satisfying after years. Enjoy! (The book is a special treat after using -- and ignoring-- fussy and pretentious Marcella. Wells got to my speed at first shot, and this book has been a keeper ever since. She's relaxed in her approach and more a companion than teacher in this delightfully useful volume for all those who have busy lives but still insist that cooking good food needn't be an all-consuming chore. Buon appetito!)
on August 3, 2014
great recipes, easy to follow. Delectable simplicity
on February 13, 2008
This is an excellent, clear, easy to follow collection of Italian recipes. Every process has a reason and thorough instructions. In the first week, I created three lovely meals from this book. Fresh flavors for our meals! Wonderful!
on September 14, 2010
This book was recommended to me by a friend who has well over 200 cook books. She said that she used this book often and it consistantly yielded good recipes and good results.