5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising performance for a value card!
I was a bit skeptical when getting this card, because it is priced significantly less than other 16GB Class 10 cards on the market, but since it's a new product and it's for my phone, I was willing to take a bit of a gamble after seeing a couple of other positive reviews around the web.

I'm glad I did! This card performs great and gives me plenty of storage...
Published on January 24, 2011 by N. Sanghvi

Published on March 31, 2011 by John Adams

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend since it doesn't work and as of now there is no fix, March 31, 2011
According to the manufacturers of this card on their own forums, this does not work properly in Android or Windows phones. I guess it is a problem with the way this card is partitioned or formatted. Symptoms of the problem are regular freezing of the phone you put it in (requiring a battery pull to reset) and the card eventually becoming corrupted (losing all the data that is on it and requiring a reformat). On the official acknowledgement of the problems posted to their forums they give no indication of what we are supposed to do with these cards that don't work. It might be possible to repartition and reformat this card yourself to get it to work but I haven't been successful at that yet.

I'm not sure how a card that fails in the vast majority of devices you would use it in gets released and hasn't been recalled yet. It is too bad as Partiot is usually a decent manufacturer. I have contacted support asking them what I am supposed to do with my defective cards but have yet to get a response. I don't want to return them because these will be great cards when the problems get sorted out (they are very fast), but right now they are worse than useless as they make any device I put them in unstable and corrupt any data I put on them.

I definitely can't recommend this card right now unless you don't plan to use it in a phone or tablet (which is about the only reason I can think of to buy a microsdhc card).

Update: Patriot support was not able to help me but they said they were willing to RMA in exchange for a class 4 (which will hopefully work). Sure I paid for a class 10 and a class 4 would have been cheaper in the first place, but I just want something that works at this point so I am willing to swap for something slower if it fixes the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising performance for a value card!, January 24, 2011

I'm glad I did! This card performs great and gives me plenty of storage space. I ran one of the many available free benchmarking tools on it (you can find plenty on Google) and it wrote to all of the storage space to verify there were no problems with the card. It clocked the write speed at 11.6MB/sec, and the read at 17.5MB/sec, so the speed claim by Patriot holds up. I popped the card into my HTC Evo phone and it was great seeing how much faster applications stored on the SD card were loading up.

Note: I ended up buying the card on Newegg because it was quite a bit cheaper there than Amazon's current price, also with free shipping. However it looks like Amazon has accordingly dropped the price, so I recommend comparing the two before buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars LX not Signature, April 16, 2011
If you're looking to buy a Patriot Signature MicroSDHC card then don't buy this. The description is wrong. It is in fact part of the LX series. Nowhere on the packaging is there any mention of Signature, which is what I paid an extra ten dollars for. There is, however, a giant LX label on it. I searched NewEgg's wares and there is a big difference in packaging. LX is supposed to be Patriot's lower-grade line and that's why I went with the Signature. If you search the model number you will find results with pictures that show it is clearly LX. So if you plan on purchasing a specific type of sd or microsd card then I suggest you search the model number before you commit to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!! Patriot 16Gb C10 card DIED on 3rd day!!!, March 24, 2011
Bought this Patriot 16GB Class 10 microSDHC memory card from Amazon. On 3/21/11 I ran 3 benchmark tests on it. Write speeds: 17.4, 17.6, and 17.6 MB/sec. Read speeds: 19.4, 19.8, and 19.8 MB/sec. Wow! Excellent speed performance!
2 days later I inserted the card into the card reader, and no response! Tried 2 other card readers on 2 different computers -- no response. Then I tried 2 Sandisk and and 2 no-name brand microsdhc cards on the same card readers and computers, and they all worked fine. Of course I tried the Patriot 16 GB once more, but no go.
Boo hoo, my speedy Patriot 16GB is dead, after just 3 days! Buyer BEWARE!

P.S. This is not a negative review of AMAZON. They've already given me a prepaid return label. I've only had OUTSTANDING service from AMAZON. Thank you, Jeff Bezos and Company!

1.0 out of 5 stars Would advise going with a different manufactuerer, August 1, 2011
Ordered this card about 3 1/2 months ago to use in my phone. In that time, had to reformat it 7 times due to it showing up as corrupted. On June 22nd, the card was corrupt again but could not be repaired. Contacted Patriot to start the RMA process. That part was fast and easy. Patriot signed for my card on July 1st, where it still remains. I have been told 4 times now, that the card would be shipped out in a few days. In fact, just received an email this morning stating the same thing.

My advise, go with a different brand. Just not worth the hassle having to deal with this process.

Update- Received an email a few minutes ago. They have no ETA on when they will send me a new replacement card. They were nice enough to offer me 2x16gb cards. Really? Kind of defeats the purpose of buying the 32gb in the first place. Let alone 2x16gb cards being cheaper then my original purchase. Awesome!

Update- Finally received a new card on Friday, Sept 2nd. So after waiting 61 days for patriot to RMA the card, lets see how long this one last. I have already moved on to a different brand and will just use this card in my mp3 player.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after a month., April 3, 2011
Worked great when I first received it; read/write speeds just as described. But after less than a month my phone would start locking up and I would have to pull the battery to get it to reboot. Soon after it would lock up whenever it tried to access the card. Now neither the phone or my laptop will recognize the card at all. My data is now lost (and unrecoverable since nothing I try will even see the card is there.) Not the only one who is having this problem from what I can see on forums around the 'net. This is going back... recommend you stay away from this card!

1.0 out of 5 stars Died on the same day of receiving it..., March 18, 2011
Yang Zhou "Yang Zhou" (West Lafayette, IN USA) - See all my reviews
Worked perfectly fine for a couple of hours and was amazingly fast, but for whatever reason after I rebooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S 4G) once I could no longer see the card from either my computer or the phone. I don't know if it just died or what but either way it became useless after that. At least Amazon has a good return policy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome....., February 5, 2011
MsRandall (The Bay Area California) - See all my reviews
This card is super fast. My speed test on my HTC Evo 4g write =11mb/s and read= 15mb/s... I am very happy with my purchase. My old card was by sandisk 32gb class 2 and my speeds were write 8mb/s and read 1.75mb/s....great improvement!!!!

Side note I bought from NatechGadgets and my ordered was delivered 20 hours after I ordered it.

My best purchase this year!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Two weeks in my Nook and the card no longer works., April 14, 2011
Bought this card to root my Nook. Worked great. Formatted it after the root to use as extra storage and run Apps that need a card. It's been in the Nook ever since. Two weeks later, my Nook no longer sees the card. When I pull it and put it back in it tells me the card is damaged or corrupted and it needs to be reformatted. It works for a short time and then it's corrupted again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, fast and really small!!!, January 12, 2011
Not much to tell. I needed lots of space for my phone and this is it. Registers as 30.91 GB and the fastest I got it to write at was 9.77 MB/s. I had bought a cheap class 2 off of ebay for $20 and it screwed up the same day I got it. Some things you just have to pay full price for.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Found a program for testing memory cards and here are the results. Also, my card did screw up one time, but I don't know if it was the phone or the card. Reformatted and everything was okay.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 4.254 MB/s [ 1038.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.019 MB/s [ 4.7 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 4.577 MB/s [ 1117.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.026 MB/s [ 6.3 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [K: 3.2% (1.0/30.9 GB)] (x1)