5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, cheap and $1/GB
Fast cheap and for a $1/GB it's a great little USB drive. The cap works great as it fits on the end of the drive so I don't lose it.
Published on September 25, 2012 by Gussy

1.0 out of 5 stars Deserves a 1 star, and I don't do many 1 star reviews.
Item is most likely defective and should function better. Quality control must not be of the best quality at Patriot, seems to be more negative experiences with these drives then positive ones. Used 2 Windows machines with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports to confirm that the drive is not functioning correctly.

I own several USB 3.0 flash drives and I'm not even sure...
Published 21 months ago by Jon Doeh II

1.0 out of 5 stars Deserves a 1 star, and I don't do many 1 star reviews., February 20, 2013
This review is from: Patriot 64GB Pulse Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive - PSF64GSPUSB (Personal Computers)

I own several USB 3.0 flash drives and I'm not even sure how many USB 2.0 flash drives. This thing is as slow as some of my USB 2.0 flash drives. At times this drive seems happy and runs a little faster, but it doesn't even come close to some of my other cheaper USB 3.0 flash drives.

Pros:
- Small
- Good price
- Amount of storage space
- USB 2.0 speeds are on par with other USB 2.0 drives

Cons:
- The drive becomes hot, not warm. (aluminum housing will dissipate heat making it possible to feel the heat radiating from the electronics, but the heat radiating from this drive is not normal.) I have an aluminum Corsair Survivor, and it emits a fraction of the heat this Patriot does.
- BENCHMARKED USB 3.0 speeds are from low 20 MB to 28 MB a second READ, and 9 to 11 MB WRITE. I have USB 2.0 drives that perform the same using USB 3.0 ports.
- REAL WORLD USB 3.0 SPEEDS are a lot worse. Coping files to and from the drive found that the drive runs a lot slower in the real world compared to BENCHMARK results. At an average the drive gets 11 to 15 MB a second READ and 5 to 7 MB WRITE speeds. Doesn't even come close to my other USB 3.0 flash drives. Very disappointing! *These results might be due to some sort of defect with the Patriot drive, but if these are the normal REAL WORD speeds to be expected... buy yourself a good quality USB 2.0 or spend more money with a different manufacturer so you would at least get some USB 3.0 speeds.
- Drive drops out (disconnects) intermittently when transferring larger sums of files. That is not a good sign, can't trust it to last long.

To conclude I am shopping and testing out various inexpensive USB 3.0 drives. The drive needs to meet some very simple and humble criteria.
- Needs to be inexpensive (so if I misplace it or it gets stolen, I will not be out a large sum of cash).
- Needs to be at least 64 gigs.
- Needs to READ and WRITE at about double the speed of my USB 2.0 drives.
- Needs to be reliable

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work as claimed, February 27, 2013
I purchased this Patriot Memory Supersonic Pulse 32 GB USB 3.0 Drive (PSF32GSPUSB) from Amazon.com. Arrived in time and was well packed.
However it does not work in a USB 3.0 slot. Only works in USB 2.0 slots.
I thought I purchased a fast USB 3.0 and received a USB performance that runs super hot on a USB 2.0 slot instead of the claimed USB 3.0
I sent trouble report to Patriot about this. I have never received a reply from their support group. I would never buy another product from them with this service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super fast Read speeds but Horrible writing speeds!, June 16, 2013
LALOMAN "THE MAN" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I received the "blue" colored Patriot Supersonic Pulse 8GB instead of the "black" colored pictured here in which I supposedly bought and thought I would actually receive but didn't...

The 'read' speeds are excellent and super fast at 71MB reading speeds and horribly 5MB writing speeds. Why is the writing speeds soo slow and not even up in the 30's or 40's MB's like the rest. A USB 2.0 flash drive has faster writing speeds than this! If you are going to be writing into this flash drive a lot with big files then look elsewhere because this doesn't pack the 3.0 punch!

But if you just want to read from this USB then this makes an good choice but for the price there are others that are more reliable and faster than this one!

Overall construction is good with aluminum chassis but who knows how long it will last!

From 1 to 10 score, this one receives a 6.

3.0 out of 5 stars 16 - 23MBS copying TO USB /// 150 - 160MBS copying FROM USB, November 2, 2013
I am able to get 16 - 23 MBS WRITE speeds copying large movie files ( LAPTOP HDD TO FLASH DRIVE ), and a whopping 150 - 160MBS READ speed copying large movie files ( FLASH DRIVE TO LAPTOP HDD )....

I don't know why it's so darn slow writing...

I have a different Patriot Supersonic XT USB 3.0 ( NOT THIS ONE ) which usually gets about 30MBS to 50MBS WRITE speeds...

1.0 out of 5 stars This does not work, June 9, 2013
I bought two of these USB 3.0 drives and neither of them works in my USB 3.0 slots. I have used other USB 2.0 and 3.0 hardware without any sort of problems in the past and since I have tried this product. Stay away from this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, cheap and $1/GB, September 25, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Good until reformatted, November 29, 2012
This USB drive was working great until I had to reformat it. It froze up half way through the reformat (which takes quite awhile for 8GB) and has never worked since. In the past I have had fantastic results with Patriot products but I was not pleased with this one. I admit I did not check into getting it exchanged or replaced but probably should have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fast, February 23, 2012
I download lots of data multiple times per day. Most of my other brand flash drives have died from the heavy use.

The Patriot Pulse is much faster than most flash drives, allowing me to back up my data in less than
a minute, instead of waiting for several minutes, with other brands. Also, I have never had a failure with a Patriot drive, so I will be sticking with Patriot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patriot USB3 PSF8GSPUSB Supersonic Pulse drive, July 26, 2012
J. Bickmore (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I really like the solid tactile feel to drive. It has a super hard poly-plastic body as opposed to some of the other drives that are very flemsy.

I bought the drives to serve as Ready Boost for the new PC's that I am building. So the key ring problem from a previous post (if it exists) doesn't concern me. I really dont know anyone that uses the key ring anyway. If I am carrying one, I put the top on and put it in my pocket.

The USB3 speed is extremely fast and will preform the Ready Boost functions quite well.

Nice price for a great speedy drive.

2.0 out of 5 stars SLOW Write Speed and cheap plastic cap, November 9, 2014
The write speeds are much slower than expected for USB 3.0. I bought 10 of these to give as gifts to our high school Soccer Seniors with about 1.5 GB of photos of their last season. I wanted these drives to share the photos, but also provide a nice fast drive for their use. I was shocked how slow these were while transferring the files. I only got up to 4 MB/sec. The packaging indicates Up to 80MB/S READ, Up to 10MB/S WRITE. I got only 4 MB/S. I was pressed for time so I inserted one drive into another laptop to multi-task the file transfer. The files transferred to the other computer quickly so the READ speed is acceptable. The WRITE speed on the other computer was just as slow as the first (4 MB/sec). Before providing this feedback I grabbed another brand (Tran**) USB 3.0 drive from my stash and got 14 MB/sec write speeds with the same files.

As a gift for students who's mascot it the PATRIOTS, did like the color of the device and the lettering on the side (PATRIOT Memory). It looked good with a red lanyard attached to their gift bags. The clear, hard plastic cap will surely get lost before long, but I knew that going into the purchase. I prefer a mechanical means of covering the USB interface rather than a removable cap.