Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 20, 2014
I reviewed numerous watch boxes to hold extra large and tall size mens watches and this product by Caddy Bay was mostly well ranked by Amazon consumers but there were also a handful of bad reviews too due to large watches "not fitting" and a few sporadic quality issues. I was cautiously optimistic when I ordered this product hoping for the best but concerned about the few issues raised by other Amazon reviewers of this watch box.

In short, when I received the product it was well packaged and protected both by the manufacturer Caddy Bay Collection and by Amazon. The product was in excellent condition, and there were no issues with the quality either. The box is solid, hinges work smoothly and are sturdy, it closes tightly, opens fairly easily, and the glass top provides excellent viewing.

I placed both an extra large and tall Invitica Reserve Mens watch and medium sized men's Bulova and Rolex watches in the box next to each other side by side and they fit well in the box.

Some members complained that with their large Invitica watches that the glass hit the top of the watch face when the glass top of the box was closed. This concern with the glass touching the top of a large and or tall faced watch can occur however it only happens if you do not strap the watch snuggly around the provided watch pillow - meaning don't use the first two or three notches of the wrist band but use the midlle notches to make the watch more tight around the pillow to keep it from raising up and touching the glass. Additionally, making the extra large watch more snug around the pillow keeps it in place from shifting or moving.

For mid sized watches, it is not necessary to make the watch snug around the pillow; however, it will keep the watch in place better.

The one or two comments about the box being a little difficult to open again depend on the user's viewpoint. The box closes securely as it should and is best opened with two hands. It does open easily with two hands but it also stays closed tightly when completely shut. Closing the box completely to where it snaps closed and opening it without a key is simple, but you could also close the box top fully down but not shut it completely so that you have even faster access - after all its meant to be used daily and or weekly and the lock on any watch box can be easily broken by a thief if they wish.

I also did seperate searches for best watch boxes and this particular model by Caddy Bay came up in two seperate, recent studies by watch reviewers.

For those few customers who did have quality issues with their purchase, it seems that it is simply due to the law of averages where a manufactured product can have issues, and if it does occur, simply return and replace the item with Amazon as that is the point of buying through Amazon to begin with.

No product is ever perfect, but this product is well worth the money given the size, fit, quality, price, and intended use to simply store your watches in a dust free, easily viewable and easy access case.

Bottom line: well worth the money spent for storing extra large and regular size watches for a man or a woman.
on September 18, 2009
This is a very nice looking watch box!! although the wodden ones i have look elegant, this is a very sporty yet quality looking box. my larger watches 47mm fit in the slots no problem and there is good height from where the watch is to when it closes. you could easily fit bigger watches in here(50mm-52mm)with out a problem. the inside and the pillows seem to be good quality. I highly recommend this box.
on January 7, 2013
I have this watch case for over a year now, still very happy with it, its nice and sturdy, and looks classy. Overall very happy with this purchase. Each compartment has a width of about 5.5cm (2.1inches), so oversized watches will fit - I have several watches with an overall diameter of 48mm (including crown) in this case and they fit nicely. I attached a pic with measurements.
UPDATE December 2015: still very happy with this case, just bought a second one for my expanding collection …
review image
on January 7, 2011
I bought this watch case for my fiance for Christmas to hold his expanding watch collection. Overall the box is OK and pretty nice looking, but the construction and materials seem a bit on the cheap side. The clasp on the one I got is sticky and has to be jangled around to get it to open. The stitching on the pillows is kind of crooked. I feel like the box should really be priced at about half of what I paid for it, but there seems to be some kind of rule (from what I've seen on Amazon at least) that a watch case can't cost less than about $50.

I do like the clear top for viewing and the pattern of the outside material. It does look nice sitting on a dresser. I may have given it 4 stars if it were easier to open and close and had a little nicer fit & finish (or cost $20 less).
on April 25, 2011
Over the years, I've built up quite a collection of Casio G-Shock watches. Some of these are really large and I've been looking for some way to store them rather than just throw them in a drawer. I ordered this watch case in the hope that my watches would fit in them OK. The good news (for me) is yes, they all fit perfectly, even the really big ones. For the money, this is a lovely watch-case, well made and the watches look great presented in it. It looks better than it looked in the pictures when I ordered it. It is quite large, so take that into account as really small watches might look a bit lost in it.
For me though, it does what I want, it's worth the money and it looks nice. For that, I give it 5 stars. It exceeded my expectations :-)
on December 27, 2010
This watch case is beautiful. The design of the case is very clean, neat, and modern. The craftsmanship is also very nice; it does not look or feel cheap. Another thing I liked was the design of the glass clear top. The part framing the glass top does not obstruct/cover your view of the watches when the lid is closed; you can see all the watches in their entirety.

I ordered this watch case for my brother and he absolutely loved it! I was worried that the case would not be tall enough because some of the watches he has are tall and have large faces, but they fit in there perfectly and with room to spare. I definitely recommend this watch case.

I also want to mention that Caddy Bay's customer service is fantastic, friendly, and very responsive.
on October 14, 2012
This is exactly what you would expect, a glass case to make your watches easier to pick from and to look great on top of a dresser. I have many Citizen watches and they need the sun to recharge so the glass top is a must. The case itself is a carbon fiber print leather. It comes with a lock, but it isnt locking anything really. the latch is a little annoying but nothing crazy. seems like a good build.
on January 14, 2011
I bought 2 of these, one for me and one for my brother. It arrived very quickly which surprised me, but then again it only shipped from about 200 miles away in the same state.

Packaged pretty well and arrived with no damage. The images on Amazon show the "carbon fiber" pattern to look more like a black and gray checkerboard; and it appears to be more of a fabric texture, and that is not what they looked like when I opened them. I do like the look however. It is all black, more of a vinyl look and feel, not a fabric.

It holds the watches very well, it has enough room for my bigger watches (49mm+) and it looks good. it has a bold masculine look without looking like a big black brick.

Bottom line is 4 out of 5 stars...I would buy another for a friend as a gift. My brother really likes his as well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 22, 2015
I purchased this in part to the majority of positive reviews. This box has some heft to it, so if it gets bumped, I'm not worried about it falling off my dresser. The carbon fiber pattern is pretty slick looking and the silver accents are spot on. I did have to chuckle at the tiny key and lock. I suppose it would keep small hands out of your collection, but if someone wanted your watches -- it is a glass top.

My watches fit perfectly fine in this case. A couple of them are 'large dials'. I could see Flavor Flav not liking the sizing of this box, but for the rest of us - awesome.
on January 8, 2013
Looks fine at a glance, a closer look reveals that the carbon fiber pattern is a bit off at an angle which is particularly noticeable on the top (which is how pretty much anyone is going to see it). Not a deal breaker for me and my collection, but it does cheapen the look of the craftsmanship. The pillows/stitching are all fine and my latch/lock seem to work fine, which was my concern after seeing other reviews but giving it a chance regardless. It is nice and deep with large pillows - my diving/other larger watches that made my last case lid stand up a bit isn't a problem with this case. I might actually get another one so I have two that match when my collection grows a bit more.