Pattie Blingh: Sagala
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$17.09 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 16, 2008
Underground wunderkind Georgia Anne Muldrow kicks out a record in her trademark WTF style, with its odd beats, windig vocal arrangements and trashed-out production values.

The style works wonders on all her previous efforts. "Worthnothings" and "Olesi" were neck-snapping in their originality and execution. This record doesn't hold together as well, seems a little too loose. It would be ridiculous to say the songs are "better" (her songwriting mechanisms elude common theory and this review doesn't provide enough space for a truly genuine deconstruction of it) but I can say without too much angst that I enjoyed the older stuff more. I'm glad she slapped a pseudonym on this one; as a fan I wouldn't want people to be turned off by this one and not pursue the other, more accessible records.

If you're new to Georgia Anne Muldrow, don't start with this record (okay, try out "To: Re"). Start with one of the other two. If you like her already, you'll see merit here but you might not rock it in the car as much.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on June 3, 2009
As a lover of rare and untapped music this is a treat. I first heard Georgia Anne Muldrow on Madlib's "WLIB AM: King of the Wigflip"--The Plan Pt. 1. If you you can understand the lingo then you will love the record. Go check it out and then pass it on because she is one to be noticed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again