5.0 out of 5 stars Just my experience.
Published on December 7, 2011 by R. Koon

2.0 out of 5 stars Close but no cigar
Published 1 month ago by J. Secor

5.0 out of 5 stars Just my experience., December 7, 2011
This review is from: Paul Mitchell Men Mitch Double Hitter Sulfate Free 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner, 8.5 Ounce (Misc.)
Seems like most reviews you see on Amazon are all 5 star, perfectly written reviews, almost like they were written by the company themselves.... Here is an honest review of this shampoo. I have dandruff, and an itchy scalp like most guys. I read SLS was bad and embarked on a journey of a good SLS-Free shampoo. Unfortunately with every SLS-Free shampoo in sight, there are a million 5 star perfect reviews for each one so you really have no clue how good it really is. Anyways, I started out on a L'Oreal Everstrong line. Worked great the first wash then the 2nd wash my hair kinda got... gooey and gunky looking. Then went on to giovanni,(I guess their formula changed) all that did was severely dry out of my scalp, which i loved at first because it was extremely oily, but now its very dry and looking for something that gently cleans, sort of like baby shampoo, but that was sulfate free. I would have never dreamed of throwing down 17 bucks on a shampoo, but I saw this at a salon, and I'm curious about testing all SLS-free shampoos so the girl there actually washed my hair with this. While it has no moisturizing, or volumizing, or any kind of specific purpoe for the shampoo, this was the first SLS-free shampoo that made my hair freakin awesome looking. My scalp felt normally cleaned, not dried out, but not oily, perfect and my hair feels noticeably softer and definitely shinier, but I guess we can attribute this to the fact that it does have silicones in the ingredients. It didn't really help out my itchy scalp at all, which is the only point i wanted to go SLS-free, and the ingredients aren't.... impressing at all for a shampoo that is supposed to be gentle due to no sulfates, but, I have to admit. This shampoo deserves justice for the way it makes your hair shine, cleans the scalp, and i'm not kidding, 1 tiny dab produces MASSIVE lather, it feels thick to work into your hair, but you have to use very, very little. The smell is incredible. Smells like exquisite cologne. If you don't have major dandruff problems, or are the Organic bandwagon, this shampoo is perfect for a guy. You don't need to use a conditioner, since its built in and I mean... I love what it does to my hair, and I don't have to worry about serious reactions or damaging my scalp or hair with sulfate-free. The only thing that worrys me is all the silicones... I wonder if I will see buildup in a week or two... who knows, I'll let you know. But I'm sure everyone wanted to see a real review that wasn't written by a company. Would I pay 17$ for a shampoo? Heck no. Am I impressed though, and does it live up to its cost? Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 22, 2013
I received a sample of the shampoo at an event. A generous sized sample I will admit. I started looking for it in local beauty supplies and stores and no one had it. Finally went to trusted Amazon. My big surprise came when it said it was for MEN. Being a female, I love the product. Being a daily shampoo user, this product will last me a along time as all you need is literally the size of large pea to work up a huge lather. Thank you Paul Mitchell!
Karen Farley

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sulfate-free shampoo EVER, February 17, 2014
This is the first sulfate-free shampoo I ever used, and I like to say that this product converted me. As a gal with s'wavy hair, I have difficulty finding sulfate-free products that effectively clean my hair without leaving it greasy or weighed-down. This product is PERFECT. It leaves my oil-prone yet frizzy hair smooth, bouncy, and squeaky clean without being too drying. I have tried numerous other products over the past two years, but I always return to this one. A little goes a long way - I have hair down to my mid to lower back and only need to use a dime-sized amount, so this bottle lasts forever, making it a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is excellent, June 2, 2012
I am actually a woman and didn't realize this was a mans product. I recieved a bunch of PM products from a hair stylist and when I tried this shampoo I couldn't believe how much I liked it. I have tried sulphate free shampoos before and always felt my hair was dirty. Also I have used two in one shampoos and always felt my hair was heavy. This shampoo is the right combo of perfect. I don't wash my hair everyday and my hair actually stays cleaner with this shampoo than regular sulphate products. I am super picky and think most products suck. Usually each line has one stellar product and this is it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Close but no cigar, August 27, 2014
If you want to put lots of chemicals into your brain this shampoo is for you. Sulfate free doesnt mean good. Does anyone read labels? Ive tried this, and while it smells good, lathers great, and save time, this is no good for you . I encourage everyone to look up the ingredients of this abomination, then go to acure organics, john masters for really good shampoo. Beware the ingredient list!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, May 30, 2013
J. Gonzales (San Clemente, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am female. I train for triathlons. This shampoo/conditioner is perfect for using after a lap pool swim or hard gym workout. I originally received a sample after a 10k charity run and ended up buying this to carry around in my Tri bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!!!!, April 5, 2013
You take a nickel sized drop to cleanse your hair and rinse. Then take another nickel sized drop to actually condition and rid your scalp of dead skin, loose follicles, and oils. It will change your hair like no other product. My hair is now soft and flows like the wings upon a cherubim. Jesus cleanses his hair with this in heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, August 21, 2013
Excellent balance of cleaning and conditioning. SLS free makes the difference. No buildup -- have been using for 6 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the worse shampoo I've ever used, September 16, 2014
Ok I'm baffled by all the great reviews. Nothing like everyone here is saying. I had to use a huge hand full of this stuff to get it through my hair and to lather. I used about 2x more than I've ever used of any shampoo.

When done shampooing my hair felt so stripped of any moisture that my hands would stick to my hair. My hair didn't feel conditioned at all. My hair felt as it would if I were to wash it using a bar of soap.

I did buy mine on eBay and not on AMZ, so Im' wondering if I could have gotten a fake. What do you think if you're using this, do you think I got a fake?

2.0 out of 5 stars It might be better for someone else, April 1, 2014
I have really thick hair that ends up really dry after showers. I purchased this after reading several reviews talking about how good of a job it does for your hair, cleaning and conditioning it. It seems to clean my hair but the conditioning portion is nearly non-existent, my hair is left feeling extremely dry and my head flaky.

I do enjoy the fact that it lathers up so well and it doesn't have the sodium laurel sulfate in it, but it just doesn't do a good job for me. I'll have to continue my search for a great Shampoo & Conditioner (Most likely separate from one another.)