5.0 out of 5 stars Best hair treatment I've every used!
Published on March 31, 2008 by Ali K.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!! MY PRODUCT WAS 4 YEARS EXPIRED!!
Published 10 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hair treatment I've every used!, March 31, 2008
I'm a guy and don't really fuss much about my hair, but after having tried this product I had to review it and share my discovery. I have thick curly somewhat course hair, and usually unless I put gel or pomade in it, my hair will frizz out into a giant puff. This product isn't too heavy at all, neither does it get sticky or flaky after application. if your hair is wet and you put some into your hair and let it dry you can get the "wet look" that gels provide, if your hair is damp and you put it in you can get tameness of frizz that pomades give. if you put it on dry hair then you get the definition and "piece-iness" that waxes give. This is a leave in conditioner and makes your hair really soft, the shine factor isn't really there, but the hair is left "looking healthy". This is literally an all in one product. It doesn't have a strong feminine smell, actually once it dries your left with a slight clean smell, nothing overwhelming. The price isn't too bad either i picked up a Liter bottle for around 20 dollars, and this will last me at least three to four months easily since only a little is needed. Definitely give this a shot if you have curly or ethnic hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for curls, December 11, 2009
I have fine naturally curly hair that tends to be dry. I love this, and have used it for several years. It helps provide extra moisture and softness that my hair needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Conditioner Plus, November 23, 2010
Conditioner works well as a rinse off, leave in or even hair styling product! Great price for the versatility, rinses off clean and does not leave residue on scalp. Would recommend and purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., March 21, 2012
My hair tends to dry out overnight. When I wake up, I just wet my hands with water then rub a dab of this through my hair. It makes my hair look healthy and moisturized, without weighing it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Leave-in Moisturizer, 10.14-ounce (Misc.)
I have thick curly natural african american hair, usually classified as 4b/4c. It was hard for me to find a leave in conditioner that is thick enough and gives me some slip for light detangling. This is fantastic and I will be ordering another bottle soon. It also smells great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mane Tamer, November 28, 2011
Ok let me start this review off by saying almost every hair stylist I've ever been to has said I have the thickest hair they've ever seen. This may not equal frizziest or most difficult, but it is really hard to take care of when you're a low maintenance chick. I've tried a myriad of leave-in conditioners to keep my hair looking healthy after dye jobs and rough abuse, and NONE has worked better than Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner.

I was skeptical at first because it has a gel consistency which I'm not familiar with in conditioners. The key here is to apply lightly, you can always use a little more if you feel it didn't penetrate through to all layers. I use just a dab while fresh out of the shower, and the brush just slides right through. It's simply amazing because before The Conditioner I would have a wad of hair left over in my brush after each shower. Gross, I know.

When its still slightly damp, you can add just a little bit of The Conditioner and it will hold your curls tight and less frizzy.... not to say that you don't need an additional product if you really want that polished look, but it will do if you're extremely short on time... which I always am.

I've heard that it works better as a holding gel if your hair is dry, but I've not tested this. All I know is that it works perfectly for what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!!!, November 13, 2012
JTD "Rosebud" (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I'm African American and I just cut off my relaxer again to go natural. This stuff is awesome. It really enhances my curl definition and leaves my hair very soft. And it lasts! On the second day after I used it, all I had to do was spray my hair with some water, apply a little gel and my hair remained curly and soft. When I first went natural about 15 years ago, I used to use Paul Mitchell Wet. It was a gel that worked well on curls too. I haven't been able to find it anywhere; I guess they don't sell it anymore. It has been 15 years, though. I hope they never discontinue The Conditioner. I can't lie without it.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!! MY PRODUCT WAS 4 YEARS EXPIRED!!, September 4, 2013
I bought this product after conducting some general research online about the product. Once I purchased the product from this seller, I quickly knew something was wrong. It turns out the bottle I received was over four (4) years past its expiration date. My first clue that the product was not legit should have been the price - a salon quality brand like Paul Mitchell would not sell as cheaply (approx. $24 bucks at time of my purchase). Secondly, when i first applied the product, it did not smell good. Thirdly, the bottling itslef warned that Paul Mitchell guarantees the product only when sold by a hairdresser or similar professional, and that when sold by a store, the product could be fake, in the black market, or old. True enough, when I examined the bottle more closely, I realized that on the bottom of the bottle, the expiration date read December 2009. I ordered the product in September 2013 - so the product I received was almost five (5) years old!!!!! This product when straight to the trash because God knows what kinda damage this would have done to my hair in the long run. Very disappointing and the sellers selling these expired products should be sued!

1.0 out of 5 stars Knockoff alert, November 3, 2013
This is a knockoff product and NOT the real deal. I've been using this product for years and immediately discerned a difference in the viscosity of the liquid.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Not original The Conditioner quality, April 12, 2014
I've been using this product every day for over 20+ years for long, thick, wavy hair. The one I ordered through Amazon is NOT the same as the one I have always purchased from a salon. This one is runny and weighs your hair down. The original one is thicker and doesn't weigh your hair down. Very disappointed and would NOT recommend purchasing because this is poor quality and a knock-off product.

Rate and Discover Movies