4.0 out of 5 stars IT IS BIG
I didn't notice all the other reviews about this box. It's very attractive - the wood was dry when it arrived so I rubbed in a little mineral oil on the outside and it looks really good. However it is really big. I already filled it up, so I can't measure, but EACH SIDE probably holds about a cup to a cup and a half of salt.
Published on September 10, 2011 by Bob P.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but weak wood
Published 20 months ago by Quayquai

4.0 out of 5 stars IT IS BIG, September 10, 2011
Bob P. (Newport Coast, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paula Deen Signature Pantryware Wooden Round 2-Compartment Salt Box (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars great spice keeper, July 6, 2010
I am so pleased with this salt box. It is a generous size so I can store plenty of salt and pepper and have no trouble getting my fingers or measuring spoons in and out of it. I live where it is humid year-round and am happy to say that this box provides an excellent seal & insulation. I've had no trouble at all with the salt or pepper clumping together. The box is also very attractive on my kitchen counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen gadget., September 19, 2010
I simply love this acacia wood salt box from Paula Deen. The wood is beautiful, with just the right amount of thickness. This round box is sturdy. I use it for holding two different kinds of salt (kosher and sea salt), both of which I use frequently when cooking. But, it could also easily be used for holding some ground black pepper, along with your favorite cooking salt. I love the size, too; it is perfect. People should realize before purchasing this item that it is a "double" salt box (in other words, if you could cut this box in half, you would have a salt box of average size), and it is made to do the work of two individual salt boxes. Thank you, Paula Deen, for another great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hodge, November 15, 2010
My wife was so excited to get the Salt Box. She had seen it all the time on Paula Deen's cooking shows. It is constructed very well and has very generous cavities for Kosher Salt and what ever other spice you want. We made our own House Blend for the other one. It is nice to know that even if a product is sold out on the foodnetwork that you can find it on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paula Deen Round Salt Box, December 16, 2011
I absolutely LOVE this salt box. It is divided inside so I have salt and pepper right at hand when I need it. Mine was very well made and the wood was beautiful. I don't recommend oiling (food grade mineral oil) anything but the outside of the box. It was bigger than I thought it would be and I am so very pleased that it is. Any smaller and I think it would be annoying to pinch out what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift idea!, February 10, 2010
This was a great gift idea. My Mother uses it all the time. She loves to cook and bake, and it's so handy to have on the counter when you just need a pinch a salt. Perfect gift idea!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Practical, December 6, 2010
I'm a home cook and I like to use kosher salt, I was looking for a convenient place to store the salt, and there weren't much choices at my home stores. I could see my clumsy self breaking the marble salt boxes. When I got this salt box, I was impressed with the size and depth. It gorgeous wood. And now I'm finding myself purshasing boxes for my other family cooks. My mother loves her, and I thought she wouldn't since she's so traditional, but she just loves it! She keeps sea salt in her box. Its practical, beautiful, and well built. Definatly worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but weak wood, December 11, 2012
Paula Deen Wooden Round 2-Compartment Salt Box is pretty and looks nice on the kitchen counter, as long as it lasts. I have had mine since September 26, 2012, today is December 11, 2012 -- just near 2 months. The wood is splitting in two different places. Eventually the salt will start coming through the box, making a mess on my counter. I'm already looking for a better replacement. Forget about returning it. It will cost too much to ship it back to them, out of my pocket. Duh? Their item is inferior and I have to pay to send it back to get another one. Sorry Paula, but wait, why am I saying sorry? I would not recommend this salt box. I'm thinking metal would be better, salt is corrosive to the wood perhaps?

Since this review my round box by Paula Deen has split in 2 places on the bottom where the salt touches it. Probably not the nicest of woods to use with salt. Not happy. I will buy another type salt keeper soon. NOT HAPPY? Today is December 28, 2012, not even a month since my last review if this salt keeper and its splitting apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, March 16, 2012
I purchased this salt box as a gift for my wife. It is crafted very well and looks great on our countertop. It holds a good amount of Kosher salt and pepper in the compartments and they are easy to access. The swivel top makes for ease of use and the pivot point is tight enough that it won't open just by being touched or bumped. It is a great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, December 18, 2011
The salt box looks great sitting conveniently next to my stove top. I like the ample size of the container and the lovely wood. I'm yet to see if the salt clumps in a summer of high humidity in the Ozarks! I have always saved those little moisture absorbing bags packed in vitamin jars and various other products to put in my salt shaker in the summer months.

Rate and Discover Movies