Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Paula Deen Stainless Steel 12 Piece Cookware Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 5, 2009
I bought a 13 piece set in charcoal at Sam's club back in January of 2009 for $75 (last one left so it was discounted) can't go wrong with that. So far the set has held up nicely even after going through the dishwasher a few times through no fault of my own. I read that some people put their RED pots through the dishwasher and that they lost their shine. That did not not occurred with my set at all! The instructions say to hand cleaned only which is what you should do to all non-stick pots and pans. Putting non-stick pots and pans in the dishwasher will cause the teflon to break down over time. Here is a list of some other pots/pans that are NOT for the dishwasher because it will cause discoloraton: Hard-Anodized Aluminum, Porcelain Enamel-exterior, Copper bottom, Plain Aluminum.

These pots are suitable for solid plate, glass/ceramic, radiant ring, halogen and gas stoves. The thing I did learn was not to put a hot pan/pot on a cold glass burner. I have been doing it for years and I never had a problem but after reading that they can become fused to the burner I will stop doing that. The non-stick surface they use in these pots/pans is called Polytetrafluoroethylene which is another fancy name for "teflon". My only concern is that they say on their instructions that decorative pan bottoms may not conduct heat evenly on glass/ceramic stovetop's. I find this strange since the bottoms are decorative and they indicated that they can be used on Ceramic stoves.

I just want to let everyone know I have tested out the pots/pans for quite a few months now. They heat evenly and fast with NO warping, clean up is a breeze and handles stay cool to touch. I absolutely love these pots/pans and they seem to be holding up nicely so far. I know these pots/pans are not very heavy but it makes handling them easier. I have owned heavier pots/pans and when filled with food it was like lifting weights. Not good for people with arthritis in their hands. The only negative I see is that they need to offer more of these pieces individually without having to buy a whole set.

Let me just add after everything I read about these pots/pans it seems to me that people are having the most problems with the red set. It seems that the finish will crack, lose its shine, and the color will run if you accidently put them in the dishwasher. That did not occur with my charcoal set at all. So be careful as to which set color you order.

UPDATE: 12/19/10 - I still have the set and in January it will be 2 years. The set has held up and still looks almost new. No peeling, cracking or discoloration. I use it almost every day unless I don't feel like cooking. So for the price I paid I did get my money's worth.
55 comments| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2009
I bought this set to replace our 13 year old set and have no issues with them so far. Maybe it was my old set but water seems to boil alot quicker with these which is always a help. The main feature that drew us to this set is rubber handles. Alot of the newer stuff has metal handles or mostly metal with a little rubber. We wanted something that we do not need to use a pot holder to move the pots without burning ourselves.

Be sure to read the care instructions; can't not be placed in dishwasher, do not use cooking spray, do not use metal utensils etc...) Not an issue for us but some may be put off by this.
22 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2009
I bought the set about four months ago and after infrequent use on two of the saucepans, maybe once or twice a week, the red rubber coating started to bubble up and flake off, like old paint. I usually handwash, but now the handles have spots where you can see the black plastic underneath. Th pans are still usuable, but looks terrible and that is the reason I bought the cookware, because I loved the way it looked. Calling the Customer Relations number for the supposed lifetime warranty service only gets you to a recording with an address to ship the cookware back for their INSPECTION. If they deem you did nothing wrong, they may send you a replacement. The postage for the pans would be about half of what it would cost to buy a new ones. But, I don't plan on buying any more Paula Deen products.
1313 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
My mother bought us this set as a Christmas gift and I was thrilled. We finally got to start using the set when we got into our new home. At first I was really happy until I used the stock pot to make a soup. The soup called for me to start with all white ingredients such cream and flour. I was looking at my soup and noticed what was black flecks all through my soup. At first I thought maybe some ants had gotten into my flour but that was impossible since we keep them in air tight containers with and we have no tiny ants any where we could find. My husband and I investigated further and found that the bottom of our pot was peeling off into our food. We are not sure how many meals we made before we discovered this and at this point we are just hoping for the best. We now have resorted to using this pot to clean our fish tank and nothing else. I wouldn't even give this set away for fear that I would be contributing to poisoning someone else. Paula I love you but this is completely unacceptable for you to market a product like this.
on February 19, 2009
These pots and pans are not only beautiful, the are extremely wonderful to use. Although they aren't dishwasher recommended, they're a breeze to clean. They were much more expensive in stores, so if you're going to buy them, I highly recommend Amazon.
on January 19, 2009
I received these pots and pans for Christmas from my dad and they're nice, but I was also expecting them to be a little bit heavier. The pros are, well, they're obviously very pretty, they do heat up quickly and seem to cook evenly and they're a pretty good deal for the money. I think I'm a little disappointed because I was expecting them to be heavy heavy. Or at least the bottom part to be studier than they are. I'd give three and a half stars, but frankly I can't give four. I also don't put mine in the dishwasher because I don't want the paint to chip off or get spotty.
Overall, it's a great group of pans for someone in need of an upgrade from a starter kit and for the price (I think they were about 100 bucks at Wal-Mart) they're pretty reasonable.
on September 29, 2011
I have had my 12-piece set for about 10 months. I did have problems with color fade and peeling on the handles but I didn't really care about that. I had really enjoyed cooking with them until one day about half-way through cooking my meal, the glass exploded and shattered pieces flew all over my kitchen. I was so grateful that my daughter (9 months at the time) was not crawling around in the kitchen. Glass actually hit me in the back from across the kitchen. There were no cracks in the lid and I was not using it in anyway I didn't on a regular basis. Then 2 months later, it happened yet again. I was steaming some vegetables and put the lid from one pan to the other and within a minute it just shattered (like a car windshield). This time it held together and didn't explode all over the kitchen but it was still 100% shattered and broken. I carefully removed it from the pan with potholders after I let it cool down for a few minutes and once I sat it down in a box, it fell into a million pieces. I will not use these with the lids again. It is SO dangerous and terrifying to think that your children could be helping you cook and a glass lid explode in the kitchen...
on January 7, 2011
I got this set for my wife she loved it.... but after just a short time less than 1 year the non-stick surface has just started pealing off... we have always hand washed them with a very soft brush..... I would not recommend this to anyone.
on June 11, 2009
I like Paula Deen, but I haven't been overly excited about these chefs coming out with their own cookware. My husband, however, cannot stand Paula. So when he saw I had bought her pans it was inevitable I got some snickers and snide remarks.
I was surprised when he came back a week later and said he LOVES the pans. They are heavy, but not too heavy, but most importantly they cook very evenly. He also likes how the pans edges curves out a bit; and quite frankly they're very pretty. Red isn't really a color either of us are overly fond of, but these pans look so sharp hanging from our pot/pan rack.
I did not take away any stars for it not being dishwasher safe. Being that it is nonstick I expected that it would not be dishwasher safe. Good product for a reasonable price.
on February 10, 2011
I hate this product!!!!! I've had them several months now. The coating on the inside of the pans is wonderful, it's the outside that has many faults. I have the red set and I hand wash them, but this didn't keep the red from coming off on my dishtowels, and the rubber handles now have a semi-sticky texture to them. I called Paula Deen's customer service and they were absolutely NO HELP!! They told me if I was unhappy I could send the set to them ( at my expense) and they would review them to see if THEY felt there was a warranty issue. I am going to get rid of these and get a set of Rachel Ray's. Won't buy any more Paula Deen Products !