5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Candy!!
I got this book for myself for Mother's day (Ok so that was the excuse I used to spend the money!) and I am so glad I did! This is the kind of book you want to read with a pen and a pad of sticky notes handy. I made notes, flagged pictures, and found several good inspirations for making my own home more "gracious" and inviting!

To begin with, I just love...
Published on May 16, 2010 by Melinda

3.0 out of 5 stars Savannah tour
This is a book for either fans of Savannah or of Paula Deen or luscious pictures of rooms that would fit into the southern lifestyle with porches and entertaining. It is really a small `coffee table' book.

It has no recipes, so do not expect them.
Published on June 2, 2010 by wogan

3.0 out of 5 stars Savannah tour, June 2, 2010

It has no recipes, so do not expect them.
The book is divided into 4 seasons, although what passes for winter in much of the rest of the country is not applicable to Georgia where it is relatively snowless. Paula introduces some rooms in her home and some of her furniture designs in different houses around Savannah. There are hints from Brandon Branch her assistant and designer. There is also a source guide.
If you are buying this book by mail just be sure that it is what you want - about 200 pages of pictures of rooms and furniture and accessories and how to live the good life of Savannah.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Candy!!, May 16, 2010

To begin with, I just love Paula! I am dying to be invited to a dinner party at her place! (Paula - call me!) I love her family, her spirit, her food, her guts, and her style. This book bubbles over with all of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Visit the South, no matter where you live!, August 6, 2010
A. Pohren (IA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Paula Deen, a household name, has an infectious and brilliant smile that dares anyone not to smile back and become wrapped up in her Southern hospitality. Ms. Deen's flare and talent for delicious food has delighted people and brought homestyle and unforgettable meals to tables all over the country. Now, with her newest book Savannah Style, people are brought into the world so dear to Paula Deen, as she invites readers and fans into the cozy and homey decorating style of the South. With gorgeous photos and neighborly narration, this is a book sure to delight those looking for inspiration to decorating or those looking to escape into the beautiful world of the South.

Divided into sections by Seasons, readers will delight in such topics as "Porch Livin'", "Courtyard Gardens" and "Wicker" in the Spring; "Eat-in Kitchens", "Sleeping Porches" and "Family Memories" in the Summer; "Comfort Rooms", "Book Nooks" and "Powder Rooms" in Autumn, as well as "Holiday Decorating", "Live-in Kitchens" and "Cozy Bedrooms" in the Winter. Keep in mind that this is a very small example of areas covered within Savannah Style. Interspersed throughout the book are "Brandon's Style Secrets", which are incredibly informative and will help spark even the most novice of decorator with ideas galore. One of my favorite areas was the "Sleeping Porche". I adored the photos and the idea of this was just the neatest. Of course, as a huge book and library lover, the section titled "Book Nooks" was delightful for me as well. There are so many aspects and areas that I loved about Savannah Style that this is truly a treasure to revisit again and again.

Sit back in a comfy chair, grab a tall, cold glass of sweet tea and settle in to a tour of sweet southern bliss, with Paula Deen's Savannah Style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book Bought to show support for Paula Deen, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Paula Deen's Savannah Style (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a show of support for Paula Deen who is being unjustly raked over the coals in the media.
I'm disgusted by the cowards who have already let her go and hope that others will not follow suit...ie QVC....
I've seen this book and its AMAZING. The pictures are so vivid and the decorating is exactly my style. Gorgeous down to earth rooms. I will use this on my coffee table and enjoy looking through it for ideas in my own home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Paula Deen!!!!!!, May 29, 2010
This book is beautifully illustrated. Paula Deen has got to be one of my most favorite persons. I own several of her books, so when this book was published, I just knew that I had to have it. I would love to meet her and spend a week shadowing her. My husbands family originally settled in GA when they immigrated there from England back in the 1700's. The Howard family has carried on the traditions of wonderful Southern hospitality and great food. Both of which are evident in Miss Paula's TV shows and her books.

lah

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas if you love romantic decor, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Paula Deen's Savannah Style (Hardcover)
I like her and still enjoy reading and looking at the wonderful pictures in the book. It makes me appreciate my own antiques such as my grand mothers roseville pottery. Paula showcases fondly her memories and cherishes her cranberry glass collections. Her spirit is contagious and her love of family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paula Deen's Savannah Style, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Paula Deen's Savannah Style (Hardcover)
I absolutely love this book. I sleep with either in my bed or next to it. It reminds me of a era when life wasn't as complicated, I want to relive that again and Paula and Brandon are helping me do just that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and engaging, January 29, 2011
This book appeals to anyone who loves cottage and garden styles. It's full of color, collections, and seashells. It is a FEAST for the eyes and full of amazing ideas. You'll look at it over and over again and see something new every time! I LOVE it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, December 28, 2010
This is a beautiful book with lots of pictures and interesting articles on Savanah and Paula Deen. If you are a lover of either one you will enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss the South, October 7, 2010
This book is a wonderfully photographed book with excellent advice of how to decorate many areas of a southern home. This book has colorful photography and the size is just right placed out to pick up and read over and over again or when friends and family stop by they can enjoy it as well.

Paula Deen's Savannah Style
Paula Deen's Savannah Style by Paula Deen (Hardcover - April 6, 2010)
$29.99 $12.00