- Actors: Gena Rowlands, Tony Shalhoub, Cheech Marin, Bruce Davison, Trini Alvarado
- Directors: John Roberts
- Writers: Laurie Craig
- Producers: Allison Lyon Segan, Gary Levinsohn, Ginny Nugent, Mark Gordon, Michele Weisler
- Format: Multiple Formats, Anamorphic, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), English (DTS 5.1)
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Studio: Dreamworks Video
- DVD Release Date: July 6, 1999
- Run Time: 91 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (256 customer reviews)
- ASIN: 0783235461
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #283,538 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Learn more about "Paulie - DTS" on IMDb
Paulie - DTS
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Again, if it wasn't for my son, these movies would never exist is my psyche....this is a nice little movie...let's hear it for nice.
Bought it on a fluke after reading a few reviews while surfing [...]. Didn't expect much. Got everything.
I highly recommend it, both for adults and children (what a perfect film for a family to watch together), and here's why.
Oh, where to start. I would start with the fact that the most perfect voice was chosen to be our talking, and very smart, albeit sad, Paulie. Actor Jay Morh (the voice) also plays a role in the film very well indeed. His voice as a human is completely different than that of Paulie's, which shows this actor's talented skill.
Now what else do we have. A script which is entirely unpredictable. There is nothing trite, no cliches, the screenwriting (by Laurie Craig) is at its best, original and highly creative.
The story, well, it flows along, happy at times and sometimes sad. Sometimes very, very happy, and sometimes very, very sad. But the outcome is one of the most beautiful and sensitive scenes I have ever seen in any film.
The acting: one of the country's most sterling actresses, Gena Rowlands, excels in her role as an eccentric, impulsive, loving and honest woman who befriends Paulie to the max. I believe the other great performance in the film was given by Tony Shalhoub, who has gone on to such great success since the making of this film. On watching "Paulie," one can easily see why. His performance is sensitive and touching, honest and just plain admirable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
In many ways and on many different levels, this is the PERFECT family movie - especially if you are lucky enough to be a conure owner. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Peter J. Orilia
I remember this movie from my childhood. I can count one one hand how many movie have brought me to tears. This is one of them.Published 22 days ago by D Williams
I saw this movie years ago and I loved it so much that I bought a parrot. You should never buy a pet because of a movie simply because it doesn't show how much work they are. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Frances Maroni
uh make sure you pay attention to the fact it is a vhs!!!! i totally missed that!!Published 1 month ago by Wise 1
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 3-6 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > DreamWorks
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials