Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Paulin Products Inc Tough Pup 8,000 BTU Propane Radiant Heater #7500
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 16, 2007
I bought this little catalytic heater to use in my RV. I have a 2005 28' Airstream trailer. I do a lot of boondocking (dry camping-no hookups)and cold weather is generally not a problem up to a point. The furnace on the RV can run the batteries down pretty quick if the weather is cold. I bought this heater to supplement the furnace.

I was pleasently surprised during a 5 day boondocking trip to Yosemite that I didn't have to use the furnace at all...this little cat heater heated the trailer fine. This was in nighttime temps down in the low 20's.

I was using 1# cylinders for the heater and would get about 3-4 hours out of a cylinder. I also purchased a refill adaptor that allows you to refill a disposable 1# cylinder from a 20# cylinder. This worked well so was able to use 1# cylinders the entire time. I also purchased a 12' hose to adapt directly to the 20# cylinder, but didn't use it.

My wife really likes the look of the heater, as it reminds her of a little fireplace when lit. I have to admit, the steel construction and looks is the reason I purchased this one over the competitors version of this heater. It has a nice brick red paint job that makes it real classy looking.

I haven't tried to use it above 6500' elevation yet. Apparently it doesn't work above that elevation due to the low oxygen sensor.
on April 9, 2011
I have used this in my tent for a number of family camping trips and it works exactly as advertised. It is much more rugged than Mr. Heaters, although I built a platform with chicken wire to keep a safe space around it so sleeping backs and other tent hazards don't ignite. Use this or Mr. Heaters with extreme caution in a tent!
on May 7, 2007
BEWARE! to any purchaser of a Paulin Propane Product, There is no after purchase support for warranty or replacement parts. Their website is shut down and their phones are disconnected. Can't recommend a purchase of this or other Paulin Propane Products.