Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 17, 2013
Perfect factory replacement battery from HP
I purchased this because it was a direct replacement battery for my sons laptop.
Not a "knockoff" that may or may not do the job
It was in stock and shipped very quickly. Local stores were twice as much and would have taken several days to ship
I recommend this battery to anyone who wants an "OE" replacement battery for piece of mind, knowing it will work correctly with the HP product they own
on October 28, 2012
I was hesitant to buy a battery online because there was so much variation in prices and models, but the battery that arrived was everything I expected.
on October 19, 2012
Purchased a battery from a local store for more than twice the price. It kept falling out of the machine. VERY FRUSTRATING! I am pleased with this product. It came when it was expected, fits perfectly, and has worked great. No issues with it, whatsoever. Would recommend them to the next consumer looking for this battery.
on August 24, 2013
I can only compare this battery's performance to that of the one it replaced. So far, it is performing as indicated. I have only allowed it to run down to about 50% capacity, but it has been holding its charge better than the original and recharged more rapidly. It has not been recharging fully, however. Typically, it stops recharging at about 97% of capacity. I don't know if this is related to it being a Li-ion battery (my original was NiMH). But even if the lack of complete recharge is a flaw, as long as the capacity doesn't diminish rapidly, I will be pleased with its performance.

Update, Jan 5, 2014: The battery has now been in continuous use for over four months and has lost very little capacity compared to the original MiMH battery that came with my laptop. I have read complaints that it lasts "only an hour and a half" on a charge. While that doesn't sound like much, depending on the laptop model and how it is being used, 1 1/2 hours on a charge may be very reasonable. For example, my original battery (comparable size) never lasted even that long. For me, the lb1 seems to last almost 50% longer, on average, than the original battery did (when it was new) with comparable usage. As a result, I have upped my rating from four to five stars.
on May 6, 2013
I thought I'd save some money by purchasing this battery and cord combo. The converter on the cord does not generate enough juice to charge the battery. However, I am able to use my laptop with just the cord.

I spoke with other people and they had the same problem. Conclusion: just pay the higher price and buy directly from HP to ensure sufficient charge.
on May 24, 2014
This battery would not fit my hp dv6 laptop. The information didn't list all the dv6 laptops it would fit. If you have a
hp dv6-3257cl do not buy this battery. The shape is the same, but the contacts are on the other end of the battery. I returned for full credit. No problems with return processing.
on March 12, 2014
PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION TO MAKE SURE YOUR COMPUTER IS COMPATIBLE BEFORE LEAVING A BAD REVIEW! I almost didn't order this because of all the bad reviews, from people who didn't read the whole ad. Then read the long and very descriptive list of computers that this WILL and WON'T work on. Don't think that just because you own an HP that it will fit all HP laptops, etc.

I checked mine and ordered because my laptop was listed and it fits perfectly.
on March 4, 2014
I need a battery that would last at least 4 hours like the one that came with my lap top.
This battery only lasts from 1 hour to 2 maybe.
I may have received a damaged battery tho.
Still I think that I would buy the next one from HP with more battery life.

I don't like to leave bad revues but I am disappointed in this one because I really need it & it's not much help for use.
on July 19, 2015
This was not the correct battery and now I'm getting questions on why I want to return . . which I did explain that the description given was not helpful so I had to purchase another battery . . .not sure what to do with this one!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2015
Does not seem to hold a charge for more than an hour. Not worth the cost to return it. By reading other reviews, that seems to be the norm. Maybe buy a few cheap ones at low price to have an extra one around...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse