4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUDGET LAPTOP!
Published 12 months ago by Charles Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage machine and garbage service.
Published 9 months ago by Alexander J. Colvill

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUDGET LAPTOP!, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n071nr Quad Core (Personal Computers)
I bought this laptop as a supplement to my Macbook Pro. Purchased 2 on Black Friday. I have been a Mac baby for the past 7 years and the thought of buying a PC was kind of disheartening. I have used it for about a month now and am quite surprised. It is fast and the HD screen is incredible. If it had a backlit keyboard I would have given it 5 stars. Haven't played any games on it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Fast Working laptop!!, January 8, 2014
I bough this from another website. But thought I'd submit a review here.

The laptop is extremely fast! Boots up quickly, I got a program called startisback to make it look like windows 7 was installed. I'm not a fan of windows 8 in anyway..

the 8gb of ram is more than enough! Thought wouldn't mind maxing it out all the way (Which I couldn't find 12gb or 16gb max??)

The quad core processor is good too at multi tasking, every now and then windows 8 boggs up and freezes though (Wish I had windows 7 installed)

The processor even though 2.1ghz , it does the job very very well! May turbo boost but don't want to void warranty..

Overall I give this a 9/10. The video card was not dedicated like I thought. Though it holds up to most mid games.

Great laptop for the price!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like dealing with Amazon because I trust them., February 22, 2014
Great computer but wish the key board could lite up. Wish it came with a disk for starting over in case of crash. It was delivered In great shape and in reasonable time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage machine and garbage service., April 1, 2014
This machine is trash. I purchased from Office Depot and I've had nothing but problems. Machine has underperformed in every game and every benchmark I've used, including Passmark, 3dmark, Furmark, and more. I wasn't trying to play anything amazing on it either, just Dota 2, which could only run on low settings at a choppy 20-30 fps. Current benchmarks put the Radeon 8610G on par with an Intel HD 4600, but I've got one of those too, and this isn't even close. The memory is the worst part, 8gb of Samsung DDR3, single channel, that clocks about as slow as 2gb of DDR2. This machine is a joke, and doesn't come close to the promised performance.

I've tried to contact HP customer support, and from my very first contact they agreed there was a problem, and shipped me a box to send it in. Well they shipped it right back and all they did was restore it to factory defaults, completing ignoring my very detailed description of the problems. When I called to ask about it, they had no idea what they were talking about, and all they could say was to send it back in again, and this time, the lady promised me, she would take personal responsibility for it, and would call me if she could not reproduce my problem. Again I typed a very detailed write-up of the tests I ran, and reiterated my desire to be contacted. Well, I never got that call, and today received an email saying they had completed repairs and had already shipped it back without checking with me. What did they do this time? They replaced the touchscreen. D'OH! Twice now I've sent this machine in and twice it's been sent right back to me without the problem solved, and not for lack of customer input either! Rest assured I've got some more words for them.

TL;DR: this machine is rubbish and HP technical support is either completely inept, or lazy and ignores customers' problems in hopes they'll just go away and deal with it. This isn't HP bashing--this as close to an objective account I can give, and I'm prepared to back up my claims if anybody has any questions. Bottom line though: don't buy this machine, and don't buy anything from HP at all if you have any notion that you might need support for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Computer is great but......, January 29, 2014
We purchased this computer for my college graduating son. We were going to give it to him in May when he actually graduates, but the computer was shipped in the computer box with just a vacuumed plastic "bag" around it - no cushioning, not exterior box. I could hear rattling in the box, grew nervous, and had to give him the computer (It only had a 14 day return policy) early so he could check it out and make sure it worked correctly. For this reason I am giving the computer 4 stars - which is no fault of the computer! By the way - the computer works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer!, June 18, 2014
Great value for a nice solid laptop; visually appealing; keyboard and mouse are easily to use; large memory and great processing speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome no lie, April 24, 2014
Everything that i want is in here. I will suggest not to do express installation becuz there are lots of things and apps u dont need. Touch screen works perfectly, good for gaming able to play black ops 2; if its good for gaming than its definitely good for other things such as watching a movie on blu-ray or 1080p, opening multiple web tabs or apps...etc. and dvd drive works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, April 19, 2014
I use this in my bedroom. I love the portability of it. Large enough screen, with a very nice slim line. Easy to move around, and holds a good long battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n071nr Laptop Computer With 15.6" Touch-Screen..., April 16, 2014
This laptop was the right choice for me. The touchscreen with Windows 8 is a must. NOT a win8 fan but the touchscreen makes it tolerable. I like the conveinience of having a CD/DVD drive even though it added a bit of weight.

This machine meets all of my needs once I installed MS office, Adobe and all that other software needed to do day to day functions.

3.0 out of 5 stars what can I say, April 7, 2014
this of course is a windows 8, what more can I say . If you are not very proficient with this , get all the help you can, even then it is frustrating. I do not need to use this for work or anything really important other then my own personal things. Banking , e-mails,-facebook, and games. Like our old windows 7 much more. the touch screen is nice.

Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n071nr Quad Core