Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 29, 2010
The item arrived very quickly so kudos to the seller! I got it 2 days after I placed the order!
The coop is made of very thin balsa type wood. It arrived in two boxes disassembled. It is easy enough for one person to put together. For a quick fix cheap coop this was a good choice for me. I have 3 hens and they seem to like the coop.
On the down side the materials are not very sturdy. A piece was broken during shipping. Since it was a non functioning handle I just left it off. I also had to replace 4 of the bolts since the threads were not working with the included nuts.
The roof leaks so I have attached some water proof panels to the top. Over all it is a cute house and fills the need for a home for my hens.
I would not recommend this coop if you have more than 3 birds or very large breed chickens.
I guess you get what you pay for!
on September 26, 2010
Overall, I find this coop attractive and functional for the price. I like the slide-out bottom tray and other features that make it easy to clean. It has two sets of outer handles, making it easy for two people to move. It's not for the completely unhandy, as it needs tweeking, such as waterproofing for the roof, extra latches, a stop for the door, etc. Also, allow at least a couple of extra weeks for shipping. Mine came twice with broken parts which needed replacing. Aosom's customer service did respond immediately to ship the replacement parts. I'd rather put up with a few minor inconveniences than pay twice as much--depends on your patience and budget.
on October 9, 2010
If your serious about raising eggs to sell this is not for you, but if you are just starting out you would not want to pay more that this for a coop. I suggest you waterproof the roof a bit more and be prepared to add a light bulb for heat if you leave in the north of the U.S.
on March 26, 2011
Don't be fooled by the pictures, this coop is a piece of junk! it arrived in a damaged box. the wood is thin and flimsy. many of the pieces were broken, some were completely shattered. The whole coop is very poor quality. even the hinges don't work properly. There is a latch to keep the coop door open but nothing to securely close it. seriously, keep looking. this may be a good price but you get what you pay for unfortunately.
on January 9, 2012
I haven't put the chicken coop to work yet but I can comment on its assembly. The coop came in 2 boxes and I spent about 2 hours putting it together. The instructions were simple and assembly required several tools which should be found in any home. I am happy with the results and look forward to purchasing our chickens once the weather gets warmer.
on March 7, 2011
This chicken coop was fairly easy to assemble, came with all the necessary parts and works as advertised. It is about the size of a medium dog house overall, offering basic shelter for 2-3 chickens at a reasonable price. Some parts are a bit flimsy, and there was some water leakage via the illumination window (easily cured with silicone). I didn't see a roost for the birds, so I will be buying a short wooden dowel of sufficient diameter and will add that in later. We just want a couple of birds that will give us a few fresh eggs, so this coop is more than adequate for our basic needs. There are certainly fancier options for more ambitious people, but this should be fine for modest urban chicken farmers...
on June 27, 2012
We bought a paw hut chicken coop and were very disappointed in the quality of the product. The coop is made in China and has typical characteristics of mass production. The joints are stapled, the wire mesh is too fine gauge to prevent predators from tearing it, the roof panels and floor of the nesting box have no way of being secured, the door to the hutch falls off the track whenever it is opened or closed...The first night our chickens stayed in it, one chicken was taken by a predator from a gap in the removable tray floor and killed. That day we spent money and time reinforcing the coop to make it safe. We decided that the coop would never make it through an Ohio winter anyway and promptly listed it to sell on an Internet site. Fortunately, we got most of our money back and used it to buy a locally made quality product that will last for years. We strongly suggest that you invest the money you would spend on this disposable product into something that will last and keep your animals safe and you happy.
on April 14, 2011
I was very disappointed with this chicken coop. There were no instructions provided, so it was difficult to piece together. The quality of the wood was poor,cracking with slight pressure. I would not recommend anyone purchasing this.
on November 25, 2011
Two boxes arrived within 3 days, everything was included, husband and daughter assembled it in less than 2 hours. Its sturdy, great looking and will look very good in my urban yard. A run needs to built and then chickens arrive
on August 31, 2012
I was so thankful that the coop came and day early because I needed it urgently. Its not the
biggest coop or the strongest but everything was in perfect condition and my Brahma loves it!
Thank you so much!!!