4.0 out of 5 stars Pawhut Chicken Coop
Published on September 26, 2010 by lml

3.0 out of 5 stars Pawhut Chicken Coop
The item arrived very quickly so kudos to the seller! I got it 2 days after I placed the order!
The coop is made of very thin balsa type wood. It arrived in two boxes disassembled. It is easy enough for one person to put together. For a quick fix cheap coop this was a good choice for me. I have 3 hens and they seem to like the coop.
On the down side the...
Published on April 29, 2010 by K. jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Pawhut Chicken Coop, April 29, 2010
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
On the down side the materials are not very sturdy. A piece was broken during shipping. Since it was a non functioning handle I just left it off. I also had to replace 4 of the bolts since the threads were not working with the included nuts.
The roof leaks so I have attached some water proof panels to the top. Over all it is a cute house and fills the need for a home for my hens.
I would not recommend this coop if you have more than 3 birds or very large breed chickens.
I guess you get what you pay for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pawhut Chicken Coop, September 26, 2010
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
Overall, I find this coop attractive and functional for the price. I like the slide-out bottom tray and other features that make it easy to clean. It has two sets of outer handles, making it easy for two people to move. It's not for the completely unhandy, as it needs tweeking, such as waterproofing for the roof, extra latches, a stop for the door, etc. Also, allow at least a couple of extra weeks for shipping. Mine came twice with broken parts which needed replacing. Aosom's customer service did respond immediately to ship the replacement parts. I'd rather put up with a few minor inconveniences than pay twice as much--depends on your patience and budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Are you serious, October 9, 2010
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
If your serious about raising eggs to sell this is not for you, but if you are just starting out you would not want to pay more that this for a coop. I suggest you waterproof the roof a bit more and be prepared to add a light bulb for heat if you leave in the north of the U.S.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth it!, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
Don't be fooled by the pictures, this coop is a piece of junk! it arrived in a damaged box. the wood is thin and flimsy. many of the pieces were broken, some were completely shattered. The whole coop is very poor quality. even the hinges don't work properly. There is a latch to keep the coop door open but nothing to securely close it. seriously, keep looking. this may be a good price but you get what you pay for unfortunately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paw hut chicken coop, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
We bought a paw hut chicken coop and were very disappointed in the quality of the product. The coop is made in China and has typical characteristics of mass production. The joints are stapled, the wire mesh is too fine gauge to prevent predators from tearing it, the roof panels and floor of the nesting box have no way of being secured, the door to the hutch falls off the track whenever it is opened or closed...The first night our chickens stayed in it, one chicken was taken by a predator from a gap in the removable tray floor and killed. That day we spent money and time reinforcing the coop to make it safe. We decided that the coop would never make it through an Ohio winter anyway and promptly listed it to sell on an Internet site. Fortunately, we got most of our money back and used it to buy a locally made quality product that will last for years. We strongly suggest that you invest the money you would spend on this disposable product into something that will last and keep your animals safe and you happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pawhut Chicken Coop, January 9, 2012
Daniel Merzke "The Merzk" (Placitas, New Mexico, United States) - See all my reviews
I haven't put the chicken coop to work yet but I can comment on its assembly. The coop came in 2 boxes and I spent about 2 hours putting it together. The instructions were simple and assembly required several tools which should be found in any home. I am happy with the results and look forward to purchasing our chickens once the weather gets warmer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
I was very disappointed with this chicken coop. There were no instructions provided, so it was difficult to piece together. The quality of the wood was poor,cracking with slight pressure. I would not recommend anyone purchasing this.

4.0 out of 5 stars urban chicken coop, March 7, 2011
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
This chicken coop was fairly easy to assemble, came with all the necessary parts and works as advertised. It is about the size of a medium dog house overall, offering basic shelter for 2-3 chickens at a reasonable price. Some parts are a bit flimsy, and there was some water leakage via the illumination window (easily cured with silicone). I didn't see a roost for the birds, so I will be buying a short wooden dowel of sufficient diameter and will add that in later. We just want a couple of birds that will give us a few fresh eggs, so this coop is more than adequate for our basic needs. There are certainly fancier options for more ambitious people, but this should be fine for modest urban chicken farmers...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal for the price, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
The design for this coop is great. It's easy to clean and easy to open it up and get to everything. It is also very affordable compared to other pre-fab coops we looked at. When we first got it, we noticed that it's essentially made of balsa wood. That makes it light and inexpensive to ship, and easy to move, but we worried about whether or not it would last. One of the main pieces was cracked when it arrived, but I e-mailed the company and they immediately sent to replacement piece with no hassles. We also chose to reinforce the roof with a couple of pieces of wood to brace it. After that, we figured we'd just wait and see how well it lasted. It's now been three years, and we are on our second flock of chickens. It's holding together well, with a few minor repairs. We have it in an area that's protected from the rain, so it doesn't get wet. We keep six full-size chickens, which may be one or two more than it was designed for, but they seem content with it, especially since we have additional nesting boxes in their yard. Overall, I would recommend this coop to people who are keeping small backyard flocks like ours. It's a great design and a great deal for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars came early and works great, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop Hen House (Misc.)
I was so thankful that the coop came and day early because I needed it urgently. Its not the
biggest coop or the strongest but everything was in perfect condition and my Brahma loves it!
Thank you so much!!!