4.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner From The Charming and Witty Dot Frank
Wonderful characters who spout witty dialogue, the luscious South Carolina setting she is famous for, and hefty helpings of the food and manners bred as only the South can breed, make this latest offering from Dot Frank a true gem for lazy summer days. Even if you're not reading it on the beach, you will smell the salt air and experience the sand between your toes. The...
Published on June 11, 2005 by Antoinette Klein

1.0 out of 5 stars Unjust Southern Caricatures
I was terribly disappointed by this latest effort from Dorothea Benton Frank because I enjoyed her earlier stories about the Lowcountry. Being a resident of this area myself, I wanted to like the book, but the implausibility of the initial domestic relations situation was my first clue that I wasn't going to buy into this story. The complete bias of the court decision...
Published on July 25, 2005 by Susann D. Giilbert

‹ Previous | 16 7 811 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 9, 2013
Another one great read by one of my FAVORITE authors! So glad I'm catching up on all her books! Can't wait for her new one in June 2013!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 4, 2013
All books by Dorothea Benton Frank are great. The way she writes just makes me want to pack up and go to the beaches in South Carolina.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, March 24, 2013
It was Interesting, but the book had a Predictable plot and ending. It has a good message. Would recommend it to someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding ..., March 9, 2013
I felt like I had sand between my toes while reading this book... yet again from my new fave author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pawley's Island, March 7, 2013
We vacation here every summer so all the places that Ms. Frank mentions is dear to our hearts. It was a wonderful read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pawleys Island, December 19, 2012
I am loving the lowcountry tales. Love all the southern charm. Good story lines. Good character development.I feel like I am there the way she describes the Island.

4.0 out of 5 stars Parleys island, December 12, 2012
Love the author it's my second book ....love the scenery and the characters .....makes you feel like you're there !

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, November 14, 2012
DBF sure knows how to get you to relax, and read. The Lowcountry tales are the best. I love her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pawley's Island, September 26, 2012
It was very enjoyable, a nice relaxing read. The characters were fun, with some interesting twists. I enjoyed the stance the mother took with her children, it was very bold and nontraditional.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, August 6, 2012
I enjoyed this book because I've been to Pawley's Island several times and still have wonderful memories of time spent there. I thought the characters were very well developed and very likable. I had no problem getting into the book. It captured me right away. I would definitely recommend this book.

‹ Previous | 16 7 811 | Next ›

Pawleys Island (A Lowcountry Tale)
Pawleys Island (A Lowcountry Tale) by Dorothea Benton Frank (Paperback - November 7, 2006)
$16.00 $13.16