Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on July 5, 2012
Parks and Rec is always hilarious, everyone knows that. Between the great Ron Swanson, Leslie, Andy, and every other character on the show, Parks is one of the finest comedies currently on television. Season four showed no drop in quality whatsoever. And on top of all of the brilliant comedy, it also had some very touching emotional moments that are hard to forget. I love this show!!

And how can I forget to mention Paul Rudd's fantastic performance as Bobby Newport Jr! The guy was hilarious and I predict a best guest actor in a comedy Emmy nod for him!
on June 3, 2012
Who would have thought 3 years ago that Parks and Recreation would one day be better than The Office? To anyone who has seen Seasons 2 or 3 of Parks and Recreation, this shouldn't be a surprise; this show is one of the best comedies on air right now.

And Season 4 does not disappoint.

At the end of Season 3, Leslie Knope is asked to run for public office with city council elections on the horizon. The first episode of Season 4 picks this thread up directly: the crux of this season centers around Leslie running for office. Unlike previous seasons, this one has a very real and cogent through-line; every episode advances this storyline to some degree. While some of these episodes are serialized in nature, they also do stand alone as fantastic episodes of television. The writing on this show involves a great mixture of wit, awkwardness, absurdity, and sentiment. While many of us were worried that the budding romance between Leslie and Ben would be cheesy and boring (e.g., Pam and Jim,) the writers don't drop the ball.

With all of this said, I don't feel like Season 4 was quite as good as the previous two seasons. This put off many long-time fans, but even with the slight decrease in quality, this season was still head and shoulders above most of today's television. If you are a newcomer to the series, I would recommend starting from the beginning; not necessarily because you will miss too much of the story, but because the earlier seasons are just as funny (and sometimes funnier) than this one. If, however, you have watched the previous seasons of Parks and Rec, Season 4 is worthy of your time, energy, and money.

Recommended for fans of: The Office, Community, Arrested Development.

Particular highpoints of the season:
Episode 2: Ron and Tammys (hilarious finale involving moonshine and Ron Swanson)
Episode 15: Dave Returns (features the return of the awkward cop played by Louis C.K.)
Episode 19: The Debate (the epic showdown between Ms. Knope and her opponent, Bobby Newport Jr.)
Episode 21: Win, Lose or Draw (the satisfying conclusion to the campaign and the season)
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2011
I only got into Parks and Recreation over the summer, but I devoured three seasons worth of episodes on 10 days. That's how awesome this show is. Of course when I saw this preview up on Amazon for download, I clicked and watched. My excitement level went from "So excited!" to "Oh my God I need to go celebrate this awesomeness at the Snakehole Lounge like right now."

If you haven't watched Parks and Recreation yet, you should really rethink your choices in life because by not watching this show you're probably depriving your funny bone of one of the best medicines it could ever have. And once you're done with season 3, watch this and prepare yourself for season 4. Trust me, I wouldn't lead you astray. If I wanted to do that, I'd tell you to watch Two and a Half Men and cringe through it.

Parks and Recreation is one of the funniest shows on television, hands down, and this preview does not disappoint.
on March 1, 2013
Amy and the entire ensemble (and the writers) continue to bring consistently funny performances and dialogue to the TV comedy world. I hope this show runs for another 10 years--at least. It manages to surprise me and make me laugh out loud, and that's rare in TV comedy these days.
on December 17, 2012
I'm hooked on this show. Always funny, clever and quick. I look forward to Season Five! 4 more words required.
on December 15, 2012
I watched the first two seasons of Parks and Rec and loved them. Had heard all the early criticism and was surprised by it. Its a Docu-comedy based the American and the British versions of The Office. I'm a big fan of Aziz Ansari and Amy Poehler and follow their careers so I was really interested in giving it a try because of them. I thought it had much greater potential for more interesting story lines since they were dealing with the complicated politics of government.

Even from the first few episodes I felt the show was already as strong as the Office. The characters were already very likable and very well developed. My copy of season 2 got lost in the mail and then I got into the other great show on TV (Breaking Bad) and kind of lost track of Parks. The last three days I watched every single episode from season 3-5 and I have to say that the collection of talent they have on this show could probably field 5 new successful shows. Extremely well written,LOL funny, sweet,poignant and unpredictable. If your a fan of the Office or just enjoy incredible comedies the level of M.A.S.H. or Cheers(its that good) then download this show right now.
on February 18, 2013
I don't know how I never watched this from the beginning on television. All the characters are funny and the show just works. Do yourself a favor and watch all of the seasons.
on February 10, 2013
I laugh out loud at least once every episode. I like the nuances of all the characters and how they are represented
on April 6, 2015
I wanted to like it, I really did. I am a huge fan of the show and I am only giving this season 4 stars, rather than 3, because I love all of the other seasons of this show. Season 1 is very different than the following seasons and the characters are not quite so developed. The show comes into its own after Season 1.
on August 8, 2015
The best comedy on network tv with a fantastic cast. The first season was a bit rough, but then hit its stride season 2 and just got better and better. Amy Poehler is just so good, I can't wait to see what she does next.