Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Pay Day Board Game (Editions may vary)" and save 40% off the $17.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Pay Day Board Game (Editions may vary)
|Price:||$13.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$4.99 (28%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Enter your model number
- above to make sure this fits.
- Game board, 4 mover tokens, 1 red die
- 64 deal & mail cards, savings & loan pad, money, rules
- Fundamentals of budgeting
- Fosters an entrepreneurial spirit
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Package Quantity: 1 | Style Name: Multi
Top Customer Reviews
1) No savings option -- this is really disturbing, actually. You aren't given any incentive for saving your money anymore. There used to be a 10% interest payment on whatever you had in savings at the end of the month. For my money-conscious 8 year old, that was a GREAT lesson. Yes, they do still charge 10% interest on loans, but he has learned already not to borrow unless he has absolutely no other choice...
2) No insurance cards. The '70s version of the game had insurance cards that you could buy to protect yourself from automobile or medical bills. This was also a GREAT lesson that my son picked up on early. A shame this is no longer possible.
3) I wish there weren't quite so many "windfall" type opportunities -- too many lottery spaces, gambling options, etc. Too few regular bills and real life events. Nothing at all about work -- would have been nice to have some "you got a promotion" spaces that give you a salary raise (though I admit this is really hard to track in the Game of Life), etc.
In general, though, I agree that this is a fun game that even young kids seem to like (my 4YO is asking me to play it several times a day!), and a good way for kids to start learning about everyday money management.
We found the "original" version on ebay (used) and it has 6 pawns and "mad money" cards - my daughter enjoys the original version over this one. But these minor changes might not be important to you - it's personal preference. The overall goal of the game and how it is played is not different between the two version we own.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My family got this for Christmas and we love it. Simple enough for our younger child (9)and definitely entertaining for us adults.Published 10 days ago by az lady
Best game ever. We had so much fun that the kids wanted to play 12 months instead of 4.Published 10 days ago by goose
Got this for my kids for Christmas and we've had a challenge going twice a week ever since. I didn't really know much about this game until we played it. Read morePublished 18 days ago by melissa
Classic game that I was able to introduce to my 8 year old.Published 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
Love this game. They have added new items on board since I was little so game was very fast paced.Published 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
I thought this would be like the Pay Day game I played as a kid in the 80s. However, instead of paying rent, utilities, etc. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Tanya C.