From the Back Cover
Praise for Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing:An Hour a Day
"Szetela and Kerschbaum have crafted a comprehensive how-to manual that should be on every marketer's bookshelf. Read it to understand the phenomenon that's moving from the search results pages to hot social media properties like Facebook and LinkedIn."
John Sculley, Venture Partner, Rho Ventures; former CEO, Apple Computer and Pepsi; and author of??Odyssey
"David Szetela has earned an enviable reputation as a no-nonsense teacher and practitioner of pay-per-click advertising. This book reduces this complex topic into simple, daily practices that bring more customers with superior return on your investment. This book includes advanced techniques and concepts that 90% of your competition has never seen."
Perry Marshall, author of??The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords
"David Szetela is like a mad genius of paid search, uncovering an enormous breadth of specific techniques you should be applying to your direct response marketing efforts. Unlike most mad geniuses, there is a remarkable clarity to David's writing."
Andrew Goodman, President of Page Zero Media and author of Winning Results with Google AdWords, 2nd Edition
"David Szetela does a wonderful job in covering all aspects of creating an effective and efficient pay-per-click program. His book is likely to become a classic in the field."
Al Ries, coauthor of War in the Boardroom??and??Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind
A Step-by-Step Guide
This detailed resource helps you develop, implement, measure, and manage successful pay-per-click ad campaigns by following a smart, proven, hour-a-day plan for success. The expert authors help you learn PPC basics and employ savvy strategies for everything from positive and negative keywords to click pricing, ad testing, conversion tracking, and more.
- Understand the basics of the PPC machinethe auction model, ranking algorithms, and what happens after viewers click
- Make sure you're competition-ready with great ad copy and optimized landing pages
- Master the tactics of bidding for position and for keywords, then launch your campaign and monitor results
- Explore the art and science of pay-per-click advertising and see why content and search advertising complement each other
- Set dates and budgets, research your competitors' keywords, define your own, and set up Google Analytics
- See how to leverage Google's content network to make your strategy a success
- Go mobile with targeted search and content for mobile devices
- Understand the differences in the Big Three search enginesGoogle, Yahoo!®, and Microsoft Bingand how they affect your campaign
- Gather, interpret, report, and act upon the data you collect from your campaign
- Download useful templates and tools from the book's official site
You'll also find:
- Advanced tips and techniques for the AdWords Editor
- Real-world "From the Trenches" case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
- A step-by-step introduction to Facebook PPC ad creation, targeting, and reporting
About the Author
Online advertising expert David Szetela is owner and CEO of Clix Marketing, one of the few agencies that specializes exclusively in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. His PPC articles have been published in MediaPost, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land, MarketingSherpa, and on his company's blog (www.clixmarketing.com/blog). He is the Principal PPC Editor of the paper and online publication SEMJ.org and the PPC expert faculty member for the online certification company Market Motive. He is also a frequent speaker at such industry events as Search Engine Strategies, SMX, PPC Summit, and ad:tech. He also hosts a weekly radio show called PPC Rockstars that is distributed by Webmasterradio.fm and iTunes. Joseph Kerschbaum has optimized thousands of PPC campaigns and is Director of Client Services at Clix Marketing. He has written hundreds of articles on paid search advertising for numerous industry blogs, and he is a regular contributor to Website Magazine and Search Engine Land.